Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch!
Future of ARK!
Given the ATLAS announcement, I wanted to stop by and share some additional insight into where we’re at and where we’re headed with ARK over the next few months!
The ARK team is as big as it’s ever been. It’s made up of key members behind ARK (Early Access, Scorched Earth, and Aberration), hires from the mod community (Prim+, The Center, and Ragnarok), and seasoned veterans with experience working on a variety of other games and MMOs. TLC2, ARKaeology, Extinction Chronicles, Small Tribes, Enforcement, and of course, Extinction were built with this team. One of the more exciting things to us is that we’ve found ways to bring new wrinkles and ideas to ARK while continuing to refine and expand on the things that made it a hit – from the dynamic components of the ARKaeology event to the brand new mechanics created for Orbital Supply Drops and tameable Titans from Extinction.
Currently, the ARK team is hard at work resolving issues introduced with Extinction – item bugs, creature balance (including Titans and Meks), OSD balance, console graphical quality and stability, and issues related to the DevKit. In addition, we’ve carved out key members of the team to tackle long-standing desires, starting with the integration of Structures Plus and the rework of the Kibble tree. A few other members of the team are tackling Winter Wonderland and the awaited return of Raptor Claus due next week. As we wrap up this wave of work, more and more members of the ARK team will be moving on to tackling quality of life issues and bugs.
We love ARK as much as you do and are very excited for all of the possibilities that lay before us. Heading into the new year we will begin to plan out what’s next and determine what the best steps are for the game from a content perspective. Rest assured, whether it’s more TLC, new DLC, new mechanics, or new modes we will be continuing to support ARK through 2019. Beyond that, we’re starting early discussions internally about what the next generation of ARK could look like, but it’s too early to talk about that here.
We’d like to thank everyone for their long-standing support and we look forward to the adventure ahead!
Keep on surviving,
Console Patch Tomorrow!
Console survivors, we have exciting news! Tomorrow at 10am PST there will be a Xbox and PS4 patch. Here is the long list of changed and patch notes coming to your console very soon:
- Improved Managarmr’s ice breath accuracy
- Buffed Managarmr stamina regen slightly
- Managarmr babies can now be trained to behave better
- Managarmr babies will no longer lose patience 100% of the time when following
- Velonasaur will no longer hit the area underneath large dinosaurs
- Velonasaur head whip should no longer harvest bodies
- Fix issue with spines not always appearing on non authoritative clients
- Velonasaur head whip no longer shoots through walls
- Fix Velonasaur spines shooting through shields
- Velonasaur now grounds flyers a little faster
- Corrupted Wyverns will despawn if they get too far from a completed Element Vein or Orbital Supply Drop
- Fade out corrupt dinos when teleporting
- Corrupt Dinos will de-prioritize flier targets, or targets based on fliers
- Corrupt Dinos deal more damage to Tek Shields
- Titans despawn timer checks only regard players within the arena
- Potential fix for increasing timer after long cooldown scenarios
- Remove cooldown in singleplayer
- Increase starvation time for Titans (~30m to ~ just over an hour)
- Consuming Kibble will not increase food for Titans
- Prevent flocks from being able to hit through buildings/terrain
- Prevent encumbered players from moving on Desert Titan
- Flocks will now dismount riders (during the boss fight)
- Fix for Forest Titan hitting things thru ground terrain
- Forest Titan arena wyverns take damage from forest titans
- Clean up trees after Forest Titan is despawned
- Fix for crash caused by garbage collected replicated properties
- Fix server crash when running DumpDinoStats cheat as a spectator
- Fixed server crash related to Forest Titan and damage numbers
- Fixed crash related to killing an Argent in Primitive Plus
- Fix for Mek occasionally consuming 1x element when not refueling
- Improved accuracy of sword in all scenarios
- Prevent the Reequip button from allowing spyglass use while riding the Mek
- Can pick structures up within 30s of placing
- Charge Lantern
- Elevator Platforms
- Elevator Tracks
- Electric Generator
- Industrial Forge
- Industrial Grinder
- Chem Bench
- Tek Generator
- Tek Replicator
- Tek Transmitter
- Reduce damage taken from corrupted dinos by 60%
- Reduced disconnects
- Updated loc strings from CrowdIn
- Fixed bug that breaks Cryopod, Managarmer, etc. outside of English
- Resurrect Tek Rockdrake saddle
- Report cryo freezing to tribe log
- Owl is now much better at actually hitting things with their melee attacks
- Gasbags is now much better at actually hitting things with their melee attacks
- Allow the rider to fish from Gasbags
- Fixed replication issue with secondary element vein colors
Orbital Supply Drops
- Crate shields take damage from Projectiles/other damage sources again
- Engrams no longer count towards delivery crate weight
- Non-crater forest Redwoods will no longer take damage and fall
- Fix for Gacha sadness not resetting in SP
- Fix for dummy items getting left in Gacha inventory
- Set Gnashed attack to not affect robots (allo bleed attack)
- Disable flyers in Forest Titan artifact cave
We also have a PC patch planned for later this week. Stay tuned to our Twitter account for more updates on that as the week goes on.
Fanart of the Week!
Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 14th of December at 1 PM EST until Monday the 17th of December at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:
2x Harvesting Rates
2x Taming Rates
2x EXP Rates
That’s it for this post guys!
All the best,