Starting at 00:00 EST on Saturday the 24th of September, through the weekend the Official ARK Network will be effected by an Evolution Event! Survivors playing this weekend will get to experience the following bonuses:
- 2x Harvesting Rate
- 2x Taming Rate
- 2x EXP Rate
So be sure to log in and enjoy the increased rates whilst you can! This is the first time we’re running an Evolution Event and we’re going to see how it goes, collect your feedback and hopefully in the future we’ll have many more fun weekends!
ARK: SoTF – Naughty or Nice!
The special SotF Gamemode known as Naughty or Nice will be making its official return as a new Total Conversion TOMORROW, Saturday September the 24th at 11AM EST!
We will be hosting a special charity event where survivors will be put to the test in an all out 100 versus 100 battle over the course of 2 and a half hours. The survivors invited to attend the event will feature some of the best SotF players around, winners of previous events, the finalists who competed at ChinaJoy, as well as your favourite streamers, content creators and developers!
Studio Wildcard will be donating $10,000 to five charities of the winning tribes choosing. The winning team will also be awarded 100$ Steam Gift Cards for their efforts.
It’ll be a truly special elimination battle, so be sure to tune into the live event at www.twitch.tv/survivetheark co-casted by typeForced and Davnell! See you there!
Cross ARK Clusters!
A new server has been revealed, this one is everyone’s favorite..
server ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ machine, the Cross ARK Cluster!
We’ve just launched some new Official PC Servers. These function differently to the regular Official Servers on the ARK Network as they permit complete transferring; of Items, Tames, and Survivors through all 3 maps. We won’t be changing the other Official Servers to follow this behaviour, but are curious to see how these ones play out. Something very important to note is that these new servers are on their own cluster, which means they’re separated from everything else, and can only transfer within each other. To make it clear, you will not be able to move to other Official Servers which exist outside this cluster.
List of Servers Available:
- NA-CrossARKCluster1-Scorched Earth
Things to note about these servers:
- They are completely brand new, so the map is untouched!
- The server difficulty has been increased to 5.0 across the board, so it will be tougher than the regular experience and higher level creatures are available.
- They will remain online, and receive updates as other servers do.
- These are PvP Servers
These servers are available now, so good luck Survivors and let us know what you think about them!
NVIDIA Ansel Photography Contest!
There were 3 potential categories for survivors to enter their shots into and they were the following:
- Super Resolution: These should be taken at 8x Super Resolution. Players can optionally use Depth of Field effects accessible in Spectator mode by pressing the [Delete] key.
- Panoramic 360 Stereoscopic 3D: These should be taken at 4x Super Resolution, in 360 Stereoscopic 3D mode. We will crop them to 2D for web display, while also providing the 3D version for viewing within VR display.
- Freeform: Any settings, whacky and creative use of Ansel filters are encouraged. Adding humorous titles/captions in Photoshop is also acceptable for this category!
Ansel is a revolutionary new way to capture in-game shots. Compose a shot from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share the screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset.
And now without further ado, here are your entries!
You’ll want to click on the image title to be able to download the maximum size image, we’ve resized them for display purposes
Naked Zombo – Don’t Trust the Rocks!
EXFIB0 – Landscape
Soulyouth – BACK..UP!
DougDimmadome – Wyvern and Survivor
EXFIB0 – Lightning Wyvern
EXFIB0 – River
EXFIB0 – Waterfall
GamerPerfection – ESCAPE
Jamie Weaver – Blue eyes
NakedZombo – Exploring the Crystal Cave
Squidge Meister – Out of Place, Out of Time
Roro – The hunter
EXFIB0 – Icelands
EXFIB0 – Lakeside
EXFIB0 – Little Friend
EXFIB0 – Redwood River
EXFIB0 – Redwood Waterfall
EXFIB0 – Rex Bite
KISHK0 – Deep Trouble
Roro – Fight of the titans
Roro – Tiger VS Golem
Panoramic 360 Stereoscopic 3D!
NakedZombo – Crystal Cave 360 Stereo
EXFIB0 – Lightning Wyvern 2.0 [360 Stereo]
Dragost11 – Treasure Buried under big V
Squidge Meister – A Gift From the Gods
EXFIB0 – Lightning Wyvern [360 Stereo]
KISHK0 – Desert Landscape [360 Stereo]
Seggzy – Ansel
KISHK0 – Bad Joke Plesio
Christopher Warburton – Ice Artifact
Jynn – Self Sacrifice
Squidge Meister – Stranger Arks
Christopher Warburton – Lava Artifact
Roro – Flying bug
Joe Lally – Nature at it’s finest
Christopher Warburton – When Fire Meets Ice
Another set of awesome entries, you guys rock! Reminder that this is an ongoing contest, the information to enter will be posted in our weekly Crunch Contest Thread, we’re looking forward to what everyone has to share next week!
Community Crunch Contests!
This is an award given to Survivors to celebrate the amazing structures you build. These bases are judged based upon a number of different factors such as their creativity, uniqueness, how fun of a base it is, the difficulty of building it, the functionality it provides and much more!
And without further ado, the ARKitect for Community Crunch 64 is…
Maexch3n and their Seaside Castle!
We’d also like to include a runner-up…
Valoule and their sandbox!
This contest is open for all types of video be they funny, epic, scenic, stories, whatever inspires you. Just a general reminder that they should remain safe for work, think of the children!
And without further ado, the ARKVideo for Community Crunch 64 is…
ThickFreedom and their Scorched Earth Cinematic!
We’d also like to include a runner-up, which has some mature language but is very entertaining…
Lame Wolf Productions and THE BOOMERANG MAN!
Thanks for all your entries this week guys!
The Center Boss Fight!
Congratulations to TGL and their tribe on NA-TheCenter-580 who have beat both bosses on an Official PVP The Center server! They receive $500 as the first tribe to do so. Well done! Check out their video proof linked below:
“STAND DOWN!” A Jurassic ARK Cinematic! by Rewind Forward
Shigo Islands in 4K 60FPS and EPIC Graphics – ARK Workshop Map Showcase by KISHKO
Scorched Earth Map Showcase [4K 60FPS] – ARK: Survival Evolved by EXFIB0
Ark Geographic #1: Jerboa Special by Whitehearth Hall
Ark: Survival Evolved || NEW DIRE BEAR CAVES || THE CENTRE MAP v247 by Squidge Meister
Chip (The Mountain) – Ark Survival Evolved by GramOfMayo
Stealing a Wyvern Egg by LEONO
Two Spino by LEONO
Queen Of Lightning by [ᴹsᴳ] Skull Kids9 ☠
Desert Camo Tapejara by Sharkcat
Red Bull Tapejara by Sharkcat
Pokemon Articuno Archa by Sharkcat
Fanmade Dossier: Megamouth by Mega
Fanmade Dossier: Gigantoraptor by Mega
Fanmade Dossier: Uklanos by Mega
Fanmade Dossier: Sand Puppy by Shadlos
Fanmade Dossier: Glavenus by Shadlos
Scorched Earth – A custom map by Exhumed v2
The Center – A custom map made by Exhumed v5
Primitive+ Developer Blog!
I just wanted to stop by and give a quick update on the status of Primitive Plus. Over the past week, there has been a great deal of progress made:
- Primitive Plus QA Team: There has always been a QA team to help out with Primitive+ but not one strictly dedicated to the ongoing development of Primitive+. I am happy to announce we have a team made up from passionate members of the community that are actively reporting bugs and testing new build content before it hits you. One of the points of feedback I’ve received is having more thorough QA on new builds to try and flesh out any apparent issues. I am confident new builds will be much more stable!
- Primitive Plus Testing Server: Prior to this week, most of the testing for Primitive+ was done individually or in very isolated situations. Having a server where experimental bugs can be tested in a replicable environment is key to diagnosing where the issues are coming from and also helps with the process of fixing issues that pop up. The testing server will be dedicated to the members of our testing team. If you are interested in becoming a tester for Primitive+, please see @itsr2ghgaming for information!
- XBOX: From reports I’m seeing, XBOX needs the most love in terms bugs and functionality. While it may seem like the priority is PC, I want to reassure you that the things I’m doing for the PC will be incorporated in the XBOX build. Prior to this week, I was trying to manage two separate versions of Primitive+ additionally making the same changes in both builds. As you can imagine, that will lead to a confusing mess! Going forward, the PC changes will be correctly merged to XBOX which should eliminate any chances for more bugs being introduced due to making changes in 2 separate builds.
- Primitive Plus 1.3: If you’ve been following social media you may notice that there’s been mention of a new build. There are fixes currently being tested with QA and more things I am in the lab working on. The goal of this patch is to eliminate any functional or game-changing bugs. Rather than releasing a lot of smaller patches, it makes more sense to get to a stable point in one leap. I realize it’s probably taking longer than you’d like but the next build will eliminate anything that’s functional or not working as it’s intended to. I expect to have this build wrapped up by next week!
- The Future: Once Primitive+ 1.3 is released, 1.4 will focus on visual and performance improvements. A lot of the textures and visual appearances of things will be improved and revamped. At that point, we will move forward with new content (I have lots of ideas I want to incorporate). I will post some of the ideas off of the drawing board once we get over the bulk of issues.
As always, thanks for taking this ride with me. There are lots of exciting things in the future that I’m sure will enhance your primitive ARK experience even more!
As a final note, this weeks ARK Digest will be delayed until this weekend. This weeks is packed with events and we ran a little short on time, sorry about that guys – but you can look forward to it shortly!
And that’s it for this post!
All the best,
Wildcard Jat, Jen, and the ARK: Survival Evolved Team!