Biome Update: Snow Extension & New Redwood Forests!
ARK v243 brings forth many changes: The Island, as it has come to be known to its inhabitants, has undergone a new makeover, with the addition of the Redwood Forest and the extension of the Snow biome!
Littered throughout the Redwood and Snow biome are new Ruins, which will later contain collectable story notes about the history of the ARK.
Take refuge among the Redwood trees with new Wood and Metal Tree Platforms! Live like a Furry Forest Creature in these massive trees! Tap into the massive redwoods to extract their sap for healthy concoctions using the new Tree Sap Taps. Reach new heights with the Retractable Rope Ladders. Extend or retract these flimsy ladders, which are good for letting allies onto your ramparts while keeping the enemy out. There is a whole new way of life to explore!
This gargantuan creature — potentially the largest ever in a multiplayer action shooter — slowly roams the ARK, and is neither friend nor foe. Whichever Tribes can successfully tame the beast — which is no easy feat — can gain a massive benefit to their forces.
Unable to be tamed like a traditional creature you may be used to, and being extremely rare, the Titanosaur will certainly be a prized possession to any tribe who can successfully claim one.
Alongside the biomes and the new creature, players will be able to take advantage of more new items including:
The Gas Mask! Wearing this protective breathing apparatus will help Survivors avoid Diseases and poisonous gas.
The Chain Bola Ammo for Ballista Turret! You’ve experience the regular bola, but now you can bring huge creatures to their knees, temporarily, by entangling them in these gigantic metal bolas.
Update v243 also includes a long list of other awesome features, fixes, and improvements:
– New Mechanic: Custom Tripwire Alarm Notifications via SurviveTheArk.com (E-mail and Forum). Optionally Tribes can post to arbritrary URL, if they have a custom system! Now if someone’s raiding your base, you can get on top of it!
– New Item: Herbivore “TastyCakes”, help your herbivores regen health faster
– GroundClutter effect extended 50% further and +20% more GPU efficiency
– Balled Doed’s are no longer invincible to Tamed Dino melee attacks — now just very, very resistant to them.
– Magnfiying Glass now displays creature Torpor stats (on Wild creatures too).
– Tribe Alliances now disabled in Offline Raid mode (too complex to determine if anyone in an Alliance is around), C4/Traps can no longer be placed near Offline-Raid Protected Structures, and Offline-Raid mode now forces all Structures to be Lockable so that players can “Lock” Crop Plots to prevent their turrets from being disabled.
– New Server Option: “?PreventTribeAlliances=true” to prevent tribe alliances
– Engagement with Wild Naturally-Fleeing & Small creatures (tiny bugs etc) no longer trigger combat music
– Tamed Dinos that are following a submerged allied Target will not attempt to float to the surface of the water, but rather will attempt to stay at the depth of their allied Target. (helpful when deliberately going deep-diving your tamed land Dinos). However, Dinos that are capable of suffocating will try to surface if they are out of Oxygen regardless!
– Vaults can no longer be dropped onto saddle platforms
– Transfer-All/Drop-All methods now only drop/transfer what is currently disabled in the inventory, respecting any filters/folders you may have active (so for example, if you’re within a folder, it will only transfer those items, or if you have a text filter active, etc).
– Fixed an issue where pillars were not being calculated correctly as foundations when building pillars downwards
– Massive +33% rendering gains with any translucent rendering (particles, greenhouse windows, etc).
We’re very excited for you to get your hands on these new biomes, features, and the Titanosaur. Good luck in taking on the Titanosaur, I think you’re going to need it. 😉
All the best,
Wildcard Jen & The ARK Survival Evolved Team