-Patch Notes- Current (v259.35) & Upcoming
Current ARK Official Server Network Servers Version: v259.35
A Little Further Out
– “Boss Wars”
– More Creatures, Gear, Armors, Weapons, & Structures!
– DirectX12 Mode for Windows 10! Approximate +20% perf
– Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky
– GPU & CPU rendering optimizations
[MORE NOTES TO COME]
– Ragnarok singleplayer data has moved.
Within this folder, move your Ragnarok save file and player data (LocalPlayer.arkprofile) in SavedArksLocal into it’s own Ragnarok folder (the folder will be created once you load Ragnarok again for the first time since the patch).
Current Version: v259.35
* Fixed Pegomastax taming
* Fixed Megalania not being able to climb after server restart
* Fixed some baby dinos eating more in stasis than intended.
* Updated Localizations, thank you brilliant translators!!!!! <3
* Fixed Primitive/Primitive+ servers (and any Mod/INI) which uses custom Engram lists not having correct Engrams available
* Fixed Baby Dinos falling through the floor
* Fixed a crash that could occur with certain mods like Structures+
– Fixed a gameplay crash
– Fixed an issue where the ARK Data tab wasn’t correctly showing in Supply Crates for clients on Dedicated Servers. In Single Player and Non Dedicated, you will need to use an Obelisk.
– Fixed the ATV Engram being visible and craftable on Dedicated Servers. You can still spawn them in, or add it manually, or via being Alpha Ascended in Single Player.
One Time Player Respec Applied To All Characters
– New Item: Tek Tapejara Saddle!
– New Skill: Crafting Skill! Replaces Crafting speed. Crafting Skill increases crafted blueprint quality by up to a 33% multiplier on bonus stats for 100 points into Crafting Skill. The item then displays your name and your tribe name and indicates what percent bonus you received when crafting. It still increases the rate at which you can craft items, as well as grants higher stat benefits from cooking custom recipes.
– New Feature: Corpse Locator! Upon death, a beam of light shoots into the sky to help the player locate where they died. Enabled on Official Servers by default. Add bUseCorpseLocator=true to your Game.ini for server use.
– New Host Option: Disable Structure Placement Collision! Unofficial Servers and single-players can enable this feature to allow them to place structures that clip into terrain. Add bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=true to your Game.ini for server use.
– New Host Option: Use Singleplayer Settings! When enabled, this edits all game settings to be more balanced for an individual player experience. Add bUseSingleplayerSettings=true to your Game.ini for server use. This is automatically enabled for Non Dedicated servers too, you can disable it in your host menu settings, or set the ini to false.
– New Host Option: Fast Decay! Enable this option for a fixed constant decay period for “Fast Decay” structures (such as pillars or lone foundations). Add FastDecayInterval (default is 43200) to your Game.ini for server use.
– New kill, death, speech, and talking icons added.
– Implemented hibernation from console to PC, which introduces over 500MB saved in memory for spawning dinos.
– Fixed graphical issue with crops appearing massive.
– Fixed player ragdolls becoming malformed when falling from great heights.
– Fixed player getting stuck in rocks/trees/structures when logging out in single player.
– Fixed dino spawning issues in single player that caused over-spawning of certain creatures over time and issue where spawns were becoming depopulated.
– Fixed single player settings via the slider from resetting.
– Fixed BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier setting via the host menu.
– Fixed traps not working after a game/server restart (bear traps, species Y traps, narcotic traps, alarms).
– Fixed various lighting issues on The Island and The Center.
– Fixed low landscape LODs on both the Center and the Island when using low viewing distance (certain landscape will stream in better quality from further away, e.g. skull island on the Center).
– Improved war paint on female model around the hairline.
– Fixed issue where player appeared to be floating above the saddle when boarding a dino while crouching.
– Fixed electrical cables appearing unpowered when reloading a single-player game.
– Fixed issue where logging out in single-player while holding a shield showed the player holding two shield on relog.
– Fixed Explorer Note sorting.
– Fixed ATV from repeatedly honking when leaving and entering render distance.
– Changed the Tribe Manager to have Tribe Log highlighted by default when using a controller.
– Fixed grappling hook being enlarged when shooting at a Large Storage Box.
– Colorized boss health bars to indicated boss difficulty.
– Added featured to allow players to set the light level of their lamps.
– Changed static mesh of Plant Species X to remove swaying and firing animation to reduce client FPS drops.
– Added on-screen indicator icon when structure placement is in rotation-mode.
– Fixed issue where the cooking pot provided infinite dye.
– Buffs that prevent firing (such as the shock buff) now cause the player to lower their weapon.
– Made Alt-Fire on the paintbrush now “Paint Yourself”.
– Added new live versions of all in-game music.
– Fixed issue in singleplayer where logging out with a tool equipped caused the inventory to lock up.
– Implemented kill zone under the sea floor.
– Fixed Supply Crate SFX to always be audible.
– Fixed issue where respawn animation was not playing in singleplayer.
– Added new music stingers when you tame a creature.
– Increased range of boss music in the arenas.
– Obelisks in singleplayer/non-dedicated now have each boss spawned from a specific obelisk. Transfers can only be done via the obelisk.
– Days are now 25% longer. Night time remains unchanged.
– Tribe ownership settings now default to Personally Owned in singleplayer/non-dedi.
– Fixed issue that causes sitting on a chair on a platform saddle not to calculate player temperature and location appropriately.
– Fixed issue where being unconscious would cause the player not to receive lava damage.
– Tek rifles now stop working in thunderstorms.
– Homing rockets no longer target your own turrets.
– Mindwipe tonic can now only be applied once per level up.
– Stat decrease of blueprints from fishing.
– Reduced max fish size that is catchable with a fishing rod with: Honey to 2.2, Leech Blood to 1.88, and Sap to 0.94.
– Reduced fishing rod effectiveness by 35%.
– Increased Liopleurodon loot quality buff by 20%.
– ATV engram is available in singleplayer after reaching max ascension.
– Fixed issue where walking through electrical cables and pipes would cause the camera to move around in unintended ways.
– Fixed issue where feeding trough was not updating spoilage timers.
– Fixed issue where the player could get stuck inside doors by closing the door on themself.
– Removed boss arena and Tek Cave timers in non-dedicated.
– PVE no-build functionality has been removed from non-dedi.
– Slightly increased difficulty of the Cavern of Lost Faith.
– Prevented regular dinosaur gateways from supporting behemoth gates.
– Added final statted items to loot crates.
– Fixed canvas not being visible when placed on Tek walls.
– Added lots of crystal, obsidian, and rich metal to all caves except the Tek Cave.
– Re-added metal to the volcano, approximately 70% of its previous resources.
– Added categories for maps in the host menu.
– Added an alternate engram points per level array to non-dedi.
– Fixed issue where wooden cages would heal themselves when picked up.
– Fixed issue where player could wield a riot shield and chainsaw at the same time.
– Decreased mutton effectiveness by 20%. (additional changes to the Kibble system to come)
– Re-balanced speed gained per player level up.
– Fixed not being able to sit in chairs/benches when placed too close to a table.
– Increased radius of house buff by double. Also flagged gate frames as walls which allows them to give the indoor buff.
– Fixed issue where dinos placed in cages would float upwards and glitch out of the cage.
– Fixed an issue where players could not walk inside of fallen redwood trees.
– Corrected specimen implant colors after ascending.
– Obelisks now save inventory in singleplayer.
– Boss biomes no longer hear time of day transition sounds
– Fixed frozen vacuum chamber walls showing as windows in localized clients
– Reduced Club effectiveness scaling with quality by 55%.
Dino Specific Changes:
– Fixed issue where dino attacks could not do damage under low server FPS.
– Fixed the dino fleeing mechanic so that dinos should no longer run into walls endlessly.
– Fixed the dino fleeing mechanic so that dinos should attempt to run towards the player and not towards water, previously causing them to torpor out in water and drown. In the case where the dino cannot reach the player, it may still end up running towards water via picking a random direction.
– Fixed issue with Thylacoleo, Kaprosuchus, Megalosaurus, and Tuso where when attacking, the creature was able to force the target under world geometry and make them unrideable/unmovable.
– Rebalanced speed gained per tamed level up on all dinos.
– Fixed issue where unconscious player could be pushed through terrain by a Kaprosuchus.
– Fixed issue where Tuso could grab through Iceberg geometry.
– Fixed issue where babies were consuming less food when floating.
– Fixed issue where babies were consuming more food than intended as they tried to regain health. Regaining health no longer costs food for babies.
– Changed all creature names to use their long form.
– Made Troodons scared of light sources.
– Raised Ptero saddle level requirement to 38.
– Added damage scalers to Trike and Stego which makes them more resistant to damage.
– Increased Parasaur stamina by 50% and increased its speed in water.
– Increased Angler light radius underwater.
– Decreased amount of fall damage for tamed Giga’s.
– Made Moschops easier to tame.
– Increased insulation ability of Dimetrodon.
– Fixed fur cap on Mesopithecus.
– Fixed Santa hat on Gallimimus.
– Fixed alignment of metal water taps on pipes.
– Rebalanced Equus saddle cost.
– Reduced the gather rates of the Therizino.
– Reduced base damage of wild and tamed Gigas.
– Fixed issues with Ovis and Kentro where their baby/egg would fall through the floor.
– Creatures will no longer drown when they are encumbered.
– Fixed an issue where fish did not appear in Lower South Cave (Cave 1).
– Removed piranha spawns from the shallow pools in the redwoods.
– Decreased wild Carno damage by 15%.
– Reduced Terrorbird spawns in the redwoods.
– Removed Titanosaur spawn from Herbivore Island.
– Fixed issue where beehives were stacking on top of each other.
– Wild Ichthyornis HP reduced by 50%.
– Added HUD notification for Pegomastax when it is not pickpocketing.
– Added HUD message for Ichthyornis stealing, and for Ichthy making you drop your weapon.
– If a tamed Yutyrannus has carno followers, the followers now properly attack the same target.
– Fixed issue where riding on a Phiomia/Carbonemys caused the players size to increase by twice the normal size.
– Added functionality to allow the Gigantopithecus to gather fiber using the ‘C’ key.
– Added cooldown to Tuso so that it’s ink ability cannot be spammed.
– Increased Trilobite spawns to be more common in shallow areas.
– Made it so that Fertilized eggs do not count towards the egg count in the given area. This was causing fertilized eggs to be laid and the dino to go on breeding cooldown but no actual egg was laid.
– Increased unstasis range on Trilobites, Eurypterids, and Ammonites.
– Deep Ocean Coel added, with increased unstasis range and bias towards being larger sized.
– Land creatures now only receive 50% of their regular additional speed increase while swimming (does not include Spino or amphibians).
– Fixed dung beetles not processing fertilizer correctly after server restart.
– Prevented Pegomastax from attacking when the player has nothing it can steal.
– Added 30s cooldown after the player is stolen from unless the player attacks the Pego, in which case it will ignore the cooldown.
– Prevented Pegomastax from robbing same-team.
– Fixed issue where passive tames would not resume eating after being knocked out and eventually starve.
– Increased SFX distance for Ichthyornis and Hesperornis.
– Fixed the Egg Hatching bar from disappearing in singleplayer when relogging.
– Fixed issue where torpor stat for newly tamed dinos was not displaying correctly.
– Fixed issue where stasis was reducing the food consumption of dinos.
– Hyaenodon taming now scales properly with taming server settings.
– Reduced turning speed of tames by 0.5s their current speed when they are in combat, so creatures like the Manta and Ptero can turn fast enough to properly attack.
– Enabled pack buff to tamed Kentros.
– Increased duration of Giga roar.
– Fixed Quetzal platform not being paintable.
– Added Spinosaur roar.
– Added missing eating animations and sounds for creatures (should all have a proper animation now! Still have a few more eating sounds to add).
– Prevented baby Thylacoleo’s from spawning on redwood trees when born.
– Improved landing AI for Quetzal and Wyvern.
– Fixed an issue where flyers out of stamina would not auto-land and would get stuck in the air.
– Fixed Megalosaurus breeding to prevent babies from needing/going to sleep.
– Fixed Thylacoleo from always roaring when coming out of stasis.
– Fixed Thylacoleo from assuming a “superman” pose when jumping on a surface it couldn’t climb.
– Fixed Thylacoleo from getting into a state where it would walk forward without player input.
– Fixed server crash caused by Thylacoleo.
– Reduced tail collision on medium and large creatures.
– Fixed babies from ‘growing’ into the ground over time as they aged.
– Improved logic to minimize Sarco tails from gravitating towards ceilings.
– Fixed Move To whistle command to work after dismounting a dino if the dino is in a group, also now plays proper animation.
– Fixed the player from taking damage while riding on a Griffin in singleplayer.
– Added Griffin icon and level up animation.
– Fixed the spyglass not functioning properly while flying on the Griffin.
– Fixed issue where the Griffin gained unintended speed when equipping a weapon.
– Fixed an issue where dinos could aggro turrets even though no damage was being done.
* Fixed singleplayer cave spawns on TheIsland and ScorchedEarth
* Fixed Ragnarok not loading on Mac & Linux platforms
* Fixed tamed Griffin not being ride-able without saddle (there is no Griffin saddle 😉
* Fixed Ragnarok spawn counts being too low
* Fixed Ragnarok high-level Cave Direbears being tameable
* Reorganized more Action Wheel options
* Added new Expansion ARK support, Ragnarok:
* Rebalanced Broodmother and streamlined Broodmother arena
* WIP restyling of Action Wheel
* Fixed Ammo issue.
* Added Tek ATV visuals, and added rideable Passenger Seat to Tek ATV
* Fixed an issue with Character paintings not loading in singleplayer
* Fixed a texture streaming issue
* Fixed some main menu gamepad issues
* WIP reorganization of Dino commands into Action Wheel submenus, much more to come.
* New Primitive+ update. Requires server update for Prim+ compatibility!!!
* Updated Host Settings Menu (you can now set most Server Settings thru this UI, and also set which Engrams are available)
* Updated various sounds
* Changed Spider to be able to attack and shoot webbing while moving, and also now the Rider can aim the webbing
* Rebalanced Broodmother (WIP)
* Updated Main Menu
* Fixed some Boss Area collisions
* Improved Spider Projectile Aiming
* Concluded 2-Year Anniversary Event
* Added client Option to Hide Floating Player Profile Names (Steam User names)
* Fixed some Boss Arena collisions
* Tribes UI now properly alters Tribe Member settings when in “Show Online Tribe Members” view
* Fixed an issue with pressing Escape to close Options menu
* Alpha Tus now drops some regular Tus tentacles again
* Shocking Darts can now only be crafted specifically with Tranq Darts, not other Shocking Darts.
* Re-added the “Give Default Survivor Items” checkbox to the Options Menu
* Fertilized Microraptor Eggs will not decompose on the ground anymore
* Further improved ATV handling
* Fixed Babies sometimes starving at low server update rates
* Fixed issue where Lio Buff wasn’t giving items on various Supply Crates
* Fixed collisions on Gorilla and Dragon arenas
* Fixed custom recipe colors not appearing on icons.
* Added “ARK Anniversary Cake Slice” item on servers.
* Updated the Pause and Options Menus
* Fixed ATV wheel physics from “flipping” out randomly, drives pretty nice now
* Fixed a crash with Mods
* Fixed particle systems not appearing at large world coordinates
* Made Alpha Leeds more common on The Island, and made them give 5 Blubber items rather than just 1. Also made Alpha Megalodon slightly more common.
* Fixed Offline Raid Protection in PvE mode to allow accessing unlocked Item Containers, Pin Locking, and not drowning Tames.
* Official PvE changed to use Offline Raid Protection (and you can now enable ORP with ?PreventOfflinePvP=true on PvE servers)
* Changed Direwolves on Scorched Earth to be Lone Wolfs, because with pack they were too strong there
* Achievement cosmetics should now be given properly on modded servers
* Fixed Hesp playing Taming animation when swimming
* Disabled Tribe Transfer Ownership button for Tribe non-Owner
* Saved (per-session) the Show Online Tribemembers view mode in the Tribe Manager
* Fixed an issue where Textures were streaming in too slowly
* Fixed Explorer Note / 3D previews being stretched on widescreen displays
* Fixed a crash demolishing motorboat in singleplayer
* Fixed Tamed Yutyrannus not being able to damage various large creatures
* Altered Meglania Kibble recipe to be craftable in cooking pot
* Fixed a Mod crash with UI’s
* Fixed Duck not getting beyond 50% Tame Affinity
* Fixed being able access interactions with Arthropluera
* Fixed Wild Allo levels
* Fixed Megalania rotation when climbing in certain narrow corridors
* Fixed Gorilla Boss arena bounary
* Fixed landscape on TheCenter Dragon arena
* Fixed Megalania attack animation in water
* Fixed an auto-turret exploit
* Fixed Hyaenodon losing all affinity when it flees, and reduced Hyaenodon detection range on crouched characters
* Fixed not being able to see warpaint on characters (client-side update)
* Fixed crashes that occured loading certain mods (client-side update)
* New Weapon: Harpoon Gun (& Tranq Bolts for the Harpoon Gun)
* New Dino: Hyaenodon
* New Dino: Hesperonis
* New Dino: Megatherium
* New Dino: Megalania
* New Dino: Yutyrannus
* New Vehicle: Gas-powered speedy Motorboat
* New Structure: Interactive Toilet http://kotaku.com/the-many-kinds-of-poop-in-ark-survival-evolved-1795315471
* 2 New Hairstyles
* Memory reductions, texture memory & mesh optimization.
* Greater Achievement set, with various cosmetics, hairstyles, & emotes unlocked as you get Achievements.
* New client Options to disable giving cosmetics on respawn, and to disable menu music tracks.
* Re-added the ATV vehicle as work-in-progress “easter egg” for singleplayer and custom servers: Blueprint’/Game/PrimalEarth/Vehicles/VH_Buggy/Blueprint/PrimalItemVHBuggy.PrimalItemVHBuggy’
* Massive update to Primitive+ (see Primitive+ patch notes here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/194577-primitive-plus-15-patch-notes-eta-529 )
* Fixed various gameplay exploits and edge cases.
* Direwolf now has pack logic with pack buff
* Fixed bug where Alpha Wild creatures were sometimes improperly buffing enemy (tamed) creatures
* Updated various new UI’s to the new style
* 66 new Explorer Notes! (between The Island and ScorchedEarth)
* Ballista/Harpoon Bolt now has significant piercing properties akin to the Composite Arrow
* Redid The Island’s ambient sounds and various gameplay sound effects
* Explorer Notes subtitle option button, Explorer Notes translations are WIP
* Tek Projectiles now will not do any damage if they collide with a Structure after 5000 units distance (to balance against Auto-Turrets)
* Various misc map fixes
* All tamed dinos with projectiles now support “Turret” AI mode
* Changed animation data format to use compression.
* Note: Up-to-date Linux server version with subsequent crash fixes has now been posted.
* Client-side: Added in support for localized Explorer Note subtitles in non-English languages. Will require actual translations being added for the Explorer Notes (which we hope to include in the coming days) before you’ll see anything, though translators can use this build to experiment and see the results of their Explorer Note localizations in-game.
* Fixed issue with Engrams not being learnable on Unofficial Servers
* Fixed issue with downloading Survivors & Ascending on Unofficial Cluster Servers
* Server-side: Fixed incorrect collision on TheCenter, and various other misc map issues.
* Fixed a timing related issue with Dino Uploads on Cross ARK Transfers. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue with Turret auto-targeting
* Fixed “Downloading” alternate Survivors behavior when travelling Cross-ARK
* Engram Prerequisites now unlock properly
* Fixed some small possibility of client crashes when unloading streaming levels
* Queen Bees no longer die if you deal too much damage to smashing hives, nor do they lose affinity when taking damage.
* Improved TrueSky and non-TrueSky lighting on TheCenter
Highly recommend servers upgrade to this version ASAP!
– Server-side: Fixed incorrect collision on TheCenter, and various other misc map issues.
– Server-side: Fixed Tek Engrams not being learned when defeating Bosses.
– Server-side: Fixed destroying wild beehives reporting into Tribe Log.
– Client-side: Improved Underwater TheCenter lighting
– Client-side: Fixed gamepad input not working properly
– Client-side: Fixed not being able to enter numbers on certain text boxes
– Client-side: Fixed Escape not properly closing Inventory Menu after confirmation dialog
– Client-side: Fixed Drop Torches freaking out on clients
– You can no longer upload Bee Hive items, but now you can upload Queen Bees
* Server-side fix: Fixed an incorrect terrain collision, please upgrade your servers to this version!
* Server-side: Disabled “Learn Prerequisites” Engram button for now. Forced a one-time re-specdue to a prior Engram allocation issue.
* Server-side fix: Daedon saddle is now craftable at Smithy
* Server-side fix: fixed kill volume protruding thru volcano
* Server-side fix: fixed water physics in an under-lake area near volcano
* Server-side fix: correct level-up number should now be indicated in pop-up text when levelling your dino.
* Client-side : fixed an incorrect streaming volumes near Volcano
* Client-side : fixed a UI crash that could occur with certain Mods
* Client-side : Modified some work-in-progress Quetz sounds
* Client-side : Made Disable Menu Transitions also skip Confirmation Dialogs on Drop-All/Transfer-All, and fixed a visual pop glitch with Inventory Menu opening
* New Dino: Giant Bee
* New Dino: Daeodon
* New Dino: Liopleurodon
* New Dino: Kentrosaurus
* New Structure: Tek Cloning Chamber
* New Structure: Tek Megalodon Saddle
* New Structure: Tek Turret
* New Weapon: Tek Grenade
* TEK Cave & Volcano
* “Ascension” Game Progression
* More UI overhauls
* New Hairstyle and Facial Hair
* Approximately 20+ New Explorer Notes
– 15 new music tracks, per-biome and situational
– Full Gamepad input pass (i.e. console gamepad functionality)
– Fixed issue with Cave spawns not functioning properly in singleplayer
– The Center mega-update!
– Engram Tree REVAMP. Forced respec and Max Level set to 100 (before Ascension)! You won’t lose your levels or experience, unless you were above 105 which you’ll be reset to 100.
– New Emote
* Fixed issue with shotguns not applying damage. Requires server update! Highly recommend servers upgrade to this version!
* Ended the “Eggcellent Adventure” event.
* Fixed issue with gun usage under high latency scenarios. Highly recommend servers upgrade to this version! And clients are required to have at least this version on Officials!
* Fixed issue with teleporting when riding dinos.
* Fixed several cases where you could clip into world geometry
* Fixed electric structures not remaining properly active within underwater bases (for any which used to be active but are no longer, please access their inventory or interact with them).
* Changed the Inventory Menu font to be bolder, and improved the Chatbox font rendering.
* Fixed a case where items were being highlighted despite not being able to be used (such as an incorrect saddle)
* The gender of a creature now correctly displays in its inventory.
* Major UI Rendering optimization
* Eggcellent Adventure. During this one-week-only experience, running through April 23, players can collect Special Bunny eggs from Mated Boosted Wild Dodos across the ARK. These eggs can be used in special recipies to craft bunny-themed items such as the Bunny Ears Headband or a Bunny Costume for the Procoptodon!
* Added a sort state in the sort context menu.
* An item is now darkened if it cannot be crafted in the owner’s inventory.
* Context menu crafting options now correctly display in the event that an item cannot be crafted.
* Craft Submenu is completely disabled if the inventory doesn’t allow crafting that item.
* Fixed cases where the inventory would lose the shortcut key information.
* Fixed weird behaviours whem moving items to parent folder, as well as changing folder view whilst inside folder.
* The game now remembers whether you have selected the View Folders button on remote or local inventories.
* Added a slight border to indicate if an item has been selected.
* Repositioned the Egg Incubation bar to make it more visible.
* When the inventory is closed HUD text is not displayed.
* Item categories are no longer displayed in Q Mode.
* Supply Drops, Obelisks, and TEK Transmitter no longer default to the Transfer Data Tab.
* Remote Inventory UI now defaults to old-school ARK combined-engrams view. You can toggle the “Show Engrams” button to get a separate “Crafting” tab as the new-school UI has. The game will remember your setting for this and for whether you were viewing that Crafting tab.
* Fixed an issue where free-blank-slots in remote Inventory Boxes were not appearing properly when in “Show Engrams” view.
* New Craft-All Hotkey: A (bindable in INI)
* Inventory Sorting modes now save for local & remote inventories & crafting tabs respectively. (later will have the current Sorting mode indicated on the pop-out menu)
* Fixed Spoil Bars appearing on recipe blueprints
* Fixed a crash some players were experiencing when spawning due to UI changes
* Fixed the UI from shrinking when entering the Options menu even when the UI slider was at max.
* Fix to allow transferring directly into folders in the inventory.
* Made inventory filters stay active when switching from inventory to/from crafting.
* Updated various Male Survivor SFX
* The Quick Inventory Slots bar now scales independently from the rest of the UI.
* Fixed a networking problem where players were not able to successfully pick up resources. Requires Server Update!
* The UI now has scaling Options
* Tooltips can be toggled off within the UI by pressing the “G” key
* Meat cooldown effect no longer occurs in food trough and in dino inventory when not being force fed.
* Fixed UI flicker problem when uploading or downloading creatures in Single Player
* Fixed an issue with chatbox appearing off-screen on 21:9 monitors
* Fixed a visual glitch when you would have more than 2 Markers on a Map
* Female audio has been revised after collecting feedback from players
* Flier Mk 2: Click here to see the changes to fliers!
* Ridable fliers (not the Moth) now have ground attacks.
* Leeds spawns adjusted so no longer spawning near shorelines
* Ichthyornis no longer gets stuck in corners of underwater bases.
* Leeds will no longer scale in damage/level etc.
* Therizinosaurus spawn weight and aggro ranged decreased
* Quetz’ idle stamina consumption reduced by 50%
* Remove Ichthyornis’s ability to steal kibble from dino inventories.
* Certain creatures now have special weight reductions for specific resources similar to the Beaver.
– Mammoth reduces weight of wood by 75%
– Ankylo reduces weight of raw metal by 75%
– Doed reduces weight of stone by 75%
– Beaver and SpineyLizard now adjusted to 50% reduction for resource-weight (they do a few) due to being a jack of all trades, as opposed to specialising.
* When there is an item in the crafting queue, upon completion the right-click options would close, this no longer happens.
* Updated the UI to include a way to differentiate regular eggs from fertilized eggs, as well as show a health bar and spoiling bar.
* Taming and Fert eggs now display the progress as a %
* Adjusted Blueprint and Engrams colours to help with readability.
* Craft All now correctly displays Craft 100
* Required Engrams no longer clipping and correctly displayed (We’ve got an Engram page on the way!)
* Placing your cursor over a broken and pressing ‘E’ now repairs it.
* When adding multiple stacks into an inventory, the stacks force into stacks of the max size (stacks on deck..)
* Placing your cursor over an engram or blueprint in a remote inventory and pressing ‘E’ should craft it.
* Tribe Log should now appear correctly upon opening the Tribe Manager for the first time
* Adjusted size of UI box on Raft so it’s no longer in the way when placing structures
* Fixed an issue where breeding dinos would show 100% regardless of progress
* Fixed an issue where text was overlapping during the breeding process.
* Added an option to turn on the grinder inside of its remote inventory
* There is now a 0.2s cooldown on meat consumption
* Use ?OxygenSwimSpeedStatMultiplier=1.0 or other value to increase how. Note: does not currently work on Non-Dedicated Servers (will in the next Major Update due to a network data structure replication limitation).
* When using the server-config bPvEDisableFriendlyFire=True, you are now able to harvest a slaughtered Ovis.
* Fixed resource issue. Server Upgrade Highly Recommended!
* Fishing rods (BP and item) show effectiveness again.
* Hyperthermic insulation on armor now displayed properly in UI.
* Name of the dino now displays in inventory UI.
* Fixed an additional weight calculation/updating issue. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed a crash on client associated with display overstocked inventories.
* Fixed a crash associated with updating Weight on platforns. Requires Server Update.
* Made Inventory UI display the empty slots on structures more clearly. Eliminated needless display of extra empty slots on the Craftables panel.
* Fixed various weight calculation/updating issues. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed inability to drag equip Weapons onto Mantis on new Inventory UI.
* Fixed new Inventory UI ctrl/shift drag and single-click transfer operations not working on remote inventories.
* Maturation Bar now also displays the numerical progress percent.
* Made item tooltip overlays slightly translucent.
* Fixed a common server crash associated with harvesting. Servers should urgently upgrade to this version to avoid crashes!
* Fixed not being able to craft Tributes, and not being able to “Transfer All” from Supply Crates.
* New Mechanic: Aquatic & Amphibious Creature Breeding
* New Dino: Equus!
* New Dino: Leedsichthys!
* New Dino: Ichthyornis!
* New Dino: Iguanodon!
* New Structures & Mechanic: Tek Underwater Bases
* New Structure: TEK Teleporter
* New Structure: TEK Mosa Saddle
* New Structure: Tek Power Generator
* Total Inventory Menu redesign (other UI’s coming soon!)
* Flyer Nerf (to allow server to recover Stamina when standing on a Flyer, run with ?AllowFlyingStaminaRecovery=true)
* Reduced Vault Size
* Limited one C4 attached per dino, unless you run with this console command: ?AllowMultipleAttachedC4=true
* Sheep now have a “Slaughter” option when you have a club, sword, hatchet etc equipped, also works on PvE
* 1 New Hairstyle and 1 New Facial hairstyle (male and female variants)
* 20+ new Explorer Notes
* Potentially fixed a case of disappearing Dinos (not retroactive)
* Added Tribe Log when a Dino starves to death (going forward be sure to look for this if your Dino isn’t around!)
* Fixed a possible dupe case
* Fixed a server crash with explosives
* Fixed issue with turret targeting
* Fixed issue with plant turret debuff
* Fixed several spoiling time exploits
* Optimized Task Graph and RHI code for approximate 5-8% client side performance gain, and approximate 5% server performance gain.
* Disabled Loot Giving for jumping puzzle on TheCenter, for now.
* Ammonite Blood can no longer be applied on Fishing Rods (for now)
* Wild Thylacoleo now properly attach to trees
* Tamed Thylacoleo can now pounce-grab wild creatures on PvE
* Increased item stat clamp on Official Servers to better reflect top-tier items (and properly clamped items in CrossARK Tribute Storage).
* Added menu to list and download monthly Sponsored Mods
* Fixed an OpenGL crash that could affect Linux/SteamOS/Mac
* Fixed issue seeing the tooltip for Fertilized Eggs
* Fixed issue with MaxPersonalTamedDinos value not decrementing when Unclaiming Dinos that were loaded from save data.
* New Dino: Electrophorus!
* New Dino: Microraptor!
* New Dino: Ammonite!
* New Dino: Thylacoleo!
* New Structure: Tek Forcefield
* New Structures: Tek Tileset & Tek Doors
* New additional head head hairstyle and additional facial hairstyle
* 30 new Explorer Notes
* Rocket Launcher & C4 rebalance: C4 now does approximately 70% more damage to Structures than Rockets. Rocket Launcher can no longer have Item Stats (though its base Damage has been increased 20% to compensate). Rocket Turrets now take a slight amount of damage when they fire, and can not fire under 5% HP.
* C4-carrying Flyers now move at a fixed slow speed.
* Item Stats on all Official Servers are now clamped to negate the old no-longer-achievable OP items generated by then-unbalanced Fishing Rod.
* Added option for per-Tribe Dino Tame limit, enabling on Official PvE servers with a max of 500 Dinos Per Tribe (with on-screen indicator of Tribe Dino count). To use it, run with ?MaxPersonalTamedDinos=Number
* Added option to auto-destroy claimable decayed dinos on load, rather than have them remain around as Claimable. To use this, run with ?AutoDestroyDecayedDinos=true. Official PvE servers now have this enabled.
* Various network optimizations. Major rendering and threading optimizations to come in subsequent minor version update.
* Fixed various cases where Auto Turrets would not fire or improperly miss.
* Fixed issue with Harvesting saying “X Item Removed.” (Requires Server Update!)
* Added server “?ClampItemSpoilingTimes=true” which will clamp all spoiling times to the items’ maximum spoiling times. Useful if any infinite-spoiling exploits were used on the server and you wish to clean them up. Could potentially cause issues with Mods that alter spoiling time, hence it is an option.
* Troodon now have 50% less night-time targeting distance to players on-foot, and 15% less run speed
* C4 attached to Dinos or Platform Saddles can no longer be remote detonates through world geometry
* Fixed harvesting resources not properly adding to completely-filled stacks
* ARK Valentine’s Day Event until February 20:
*** Dinos will, 10% of the time, drop Box of Chocolates when they mate. Box of Chocolates can be used for a Full-Heal or to advance 50% of a Taming Dino’s Bar
*** New Unlockable “Romantic” Facial & Head Hairstyles (via craftable Items), for Male & Female, New Unlockable “Heart” Emote
*** Servers can launch with “-vday” to get (extra): 2x Mateboost Range, 3x Mating Speed/Mating Recovery, 3x Baby/Egg Maturation Speed, 1/3rd Baby Food Consumption (all Officials servers are running with this)
* Reduced lag on Inventory Menus
* Hair now reacts to being underwater, phyiscs and materials
* Fixed various misaligned or missing water physics volumes on TheIsland
* Server custom “HarvestAmountMultiplier” now works as it used to, to bias towards yielding rarer items. This is more costly for server performance, so if you want a more “optimized” server with high HarvestAmountMultiplier (but less rare items), you can launch with ?UseOptimizedHarvestingHealth=true
* Fixed issue with getting items with servers using HarvestHealthAmount greater than 1. Requires server update!
* Fixed issue with client movement synchronization becoming inaccurate on servers that had long-running World Saves. Requires server update!
* Reduced client-side memory usage of 254 game assets.
* Added “Disable Menu Transitions” Option, for power-users to navigate through menus more quickly.
* Fixed another Timer bug (i.e. Kapro jump issue). Highly recommend server update to this version!
* Optimized generation of large quantities of harvestable items (major performance improvements to Unofficial servers with boosted rates)
* Fixed Tamed Dinos not pooping at correct rates. Requires server update!
* Further improved server performance by a significant margin (~10%)
* Fixed critical issue where some Dinos wouldn’t Eat or Tame properly (timer issue fixed). Highly recommend that servers upgrade to this version!
* Fixed build issue that was deleting foreign Dinos from savegames. All servers must upgrade to 254.87!
* Fixed Wild Dino spawns getting crowded out by Tamed Dinos on servers
* Improved server performance approximately 20% by final timer optimization and Tamed Dino optimization
* Reduced Armor Rating Effectiveness on Golem, Bronto, Quetz, Doed, Carbo, and Quetz by 50%
* Prevented using Whip to pickup items thru walls
* Note: For servers, v254.86 has an issue that will delete foreign Dinos from savegames. All servers must upgrade to v254.87 to avoid this issue!
* Fixed getting stuck when exiting Ladders in Singleplayer/Non-Dedicated modes.
* Fixed Tek Rex Helmet interaction with Walls/Clipping.
* Fixed another issue with the optimized Timers.
* Fixed memory leak and performance overhead associated with low-level Timers. Recommend servers upgrade to this version!
* Element no longer spoils, and bosses drop approximately 33% more Element.
* Increased damage of Tek Projectiles and reduced Element cost.
* All Tek armor has had its durability pushed up from 120 to 300 (In line with a good piece of Journeyman Equipment. This was just an oversight on our part, they were always meant to be more durable!)
* Tek Pants ability no longer consumes element when coming into contact with/destroying the destructible foliage, and uses the original amount of element for running over time.
* Added a new Wild NPC Stasis Range scaling-for-player-count option to scale server performance for more players (requires inputting into INI, not commandline), example:
* End key now toggles Tribe far-distance Dino Nameplanets
* New Tek +200 insulation buff when wearing full set of Tek Armor containing Element
* Fixed Wild Basilosaurus taking damage in deepwater. Tamed Basilo still will, however now it only takes 1/10th the amount of damage-over-time.
* Significantly improved server performance via low-level optimization of Timer system, reduced server stalls approximately 15% perf gain.
* Hiding Engrams now automatically prevents them from appearing in Supply Crates even if they are not in the Exclude Items Indices list.
* Boss Musics now properly automatically takes the Music Volume setting into account.
* Added [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] PlayerBaseStatMultipliers[0-11] to multiply player BASE stats (you can use the PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player array to multiply player per-weight stats)
* Tek weapons now do substantially more damage vs everything except structures. (Rifle is +50% damage, Rex Saddle is +100% damage.)
* Tek armor offers slightly greater physical protection (+30 armor per piece.)
* Tek Rex shots take slightly less Element. (Down to 5 from 6)
* Burn rate of Element for Legs and Chest reduced by 50% (50% more time per piece of element.)
* Saved approximately 280 MB of GPU RAM due to distance field optimization, and increased distance field performance.
* Fixed certain server stalls during player joins
* Server options to disable Taming & Riding:
* You can now alter Boss Element on your server using the following INI values:
* Add Tek Replicator to obelisk inventories
* Unconscious dinos teleport out of Boss Arenas now, and changed to 60 seconds to remain in arena after killing boss
* Made sheep wool growth rate use the server’s “HairGrowthSpeedMultiplier” value. Note that sheep wool growth rate is also sped up by levelling its “Food” stat.
* Tek projectiles no longer destroy corpses
* Coel, Salmon, Piranhas, Cnidaria, Euryps, and Trilobites can no longer receive buffs/debuffs
* Improved boss attack hit detection
* Added a warning label that hair is cut to zero when changing hairstyles, and clamped hair slider drag length. (We had meant to release v254.0 with this feedback but had accidentally disabled it!). Improved underlying systems for Mod-added hairstyles in preparation for ARK Dev Kit release.
* Fixed Mountable turrets erroneously playing a “whoosh” sound whenever spawned.
* Fixed an issue with Ballista Ammo
* Made Tamed Pegomastax targetable by wild creatures
* You can no longer stand on the flight ceiling (though jetpack flight z is still clamped)
* Singleplayer/non-dedicated bosses are reduced in damage and effective-HP by 67%
* You can no longer trim hair from dead bodies
* Fixed allosaurus alpha buff / pack not working
* Tekboots now consume element automatically for fall damage. note you do have to manaully load them for climbing grip, however.
* Veg cakes are now consumable by herbis again!!
* Fixed TheCenter destroying structures on floating island in pve (not retroactive)
* Fixed another case where Mods could crash (particularly Weapon Mods)
* All-Players floating names for admin spectator (when you fly up high) now are defaulted off (they cost server perf), and can be enabled by spectator admins with “cheat SetShowAllPlayers true”
* Fixed crash associated with facialhair styles.
* Fixed crashing upon loading or running various Mods. Recommend all servers update!
* Fixed BattlEye connection logic to avoid dropping players. Recommend BattlEye servers update!
* New Mechanic: Hairstyles & Facial Hair (with real-time growing), Hair Dye-ing, & Haircutting + Scissors.
* Tek Tier Phase 1: Tek Engram system, Element Resource system, Tek Replicator, Tek Rifle, Tek Helmet, Tek Visor, Tek Jetpack, Tek Boots, Tek Gloves, Tek Rex Saddle, Tek Transmitter, and more.
* New Dino: Ovis Aries!
* New Dino: Basilosaurus!
* New Dino: Baryonyx!
* New Dino: Purlovia!
* New Item: Lance (for jousting of course!), and you can now also use a Shield when Weapon-Riding (provided you are using an appropriate Weapon).
* Alliance-Chat channel! (open with ‘Home’ or cycle thru all chat modes with Tab)
* Admin Command Logs & Chat Logs file-output options
New Admin Cheats:
UnlockEngram(string ItemClassName) // (for Tekgram unlocks)
* Troodon Scout now has an option to look for Corpses & Caches
* Tamed Dinos now have an option to disable their resource-harvesting
* Holding Left or Right when dismounting a Dino will now dismount you in that direction
* Significantly increased Scorched Earth Loot Drop Quality
* Added 5 more Player and Dino levels
* Fixed Allosaurus spawning inside bases
* Fixed issue with being able to clip through World Geometry
* Fixed Supply Crates respawn logic (would previously have stopped some cave crate spawns)
* ~16 more Explorer Notes
* Soups/Beers can no longer be eaten by Dinos
* SteamOS version works properly again, and memory savings on Linux & Mac
* Audio system is now fully streamed. Hundreds of MB saved, slight potential perf loss. If you want to use the old system (memory-intensive), launch with -oldaudio
* Fixed issue with Spoiling times. Recommend server upgrade.
* Primitive+ Major Update! (please make sure you have this latest version if you’re running Primiive+)
* Fixed a Fuel-array crash that could affect Primitive+
* Fixed issue with Pegomastax usage causing invisible Player connections / corrupting save data. Retroactive fix!
* Cannon, Machine Gun Turret, and Rocket Turret can no longer be used within Electrical Storms.
* Flyers carrying explosives can now fly, but they have speed significantly reduced (and can not barrel roll!)
* Explosive Damage now causes PvP respawn cooldown
* Scorched Earth Sandstorm now causes Dino AI ranges to be significantly reduced due to low visibility
* Fixed bug where Flyer-Carried C4’s would disappear on Clients after a distance.
* Non-Quetz flyers can no longer carry characters that have C4 on them
* Spike Walls can no longer damage water creatures
* Fixed a client-side GPU memory leak.
* Upgraded BattlEye version, please update your servers!
* Servers can now allow from-the-air Supply Crates to appear on top of Structures, rather than being prevented by Structures. Launch with “?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=true” to enable this (enabled on Official Servers).
* Improved Server stasis/unstasis performance
* Fixed Piranha overspawning issue on TheCenter, and added latest Dinos to TheCenter
* Fixed Pelagornis rotating poorly when on water surface
* ARK Dev Kit hooks
* Fixed server crash when loading mods in previous build.
* Fixed server crash in previous build (253.8)
* Ended Winter Wonderland Event (deprecated for backwards compatibility)
* Flye grabbed by megalo/kapro falling thru world on client fix
* Gate frame destruction fix
* Bed respawn thru walls fix
* Tamed flyers letting grabbed players/dinos stay below terrain fix (u now get uncarried)
* Fix for tamed cave-dinos not being targetable by wild dinos
* Mods now indicating loading progress when connecting.
* Ladders on platform saddles now include Weight
* Fixed a platform Bed spawn exploit
* Fixed Megalosaurus spawns to occur in all appropriate TheIsland caves, and fixed them getting stuck within Cave 5
* Raptor Claus Gifts now contain party hats and birthday suits (for a day 😉 )
* Unridden Tuso no longer moves when it has grabbed something (as intended), and fixed an issue that occasionally caused water-dinos to be erroneously killed when grabbed by Tuso.
* Therizinosaurus damage against non-harvestables reduced by 33% (kept the same against harvestables)
* Troodon spawn frequency in jungles reduced by 40%
* Troodon night-time sight range reduced by 25%
* Fixed Neuter flag saving on Uploaded Dinos.
* Fixed calculation errors with Spoiling Time. Requires Server Update.
* Titanboas can be picked up by Dino carriers again (Argentavis etc). Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Pegomastax losing stolen loot when its body was consumed by a predator. Now it will drop a loot bag if it has any loot. Requires Server Update.
* Flyers on PvE can once again no longer carry wild dinos unless the “?AllowFlyerCarryPvE=true” option is enabled
* Fixed crash of Non-Dedicated Session Hosts
* Made Kapro & Megalo able to continue holding their Prey after dismounting, added “Drop Prey” option to Kapro
* Fixed Megalosaurus Kibble being preferred by Therizinosaurus
* Fixed some movement logic that accidentally got clobbered in the Kapro
* Fixed Megalo/Kapro/Tuso carrying of Dinos on PvE servers
* Fixed/improved Dinos getting stuck underground after being released by Tuso
* Fixed some erroneous collision on TheCenter
* All Winter Wonderland craftable cosmetics now properly appear in Cooking Pot. Requires Server Update.
* Pegomastax can no longer steal your Engrams. Requires Server Update.
* Reduced Taming times on Therizinosaurus and Tusoteuthis by 60%. Requires Server Update.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed issue with Megalosaurus crashing on client, pure client-side fix.
– New Item: Photographic Camera. Take photos and apply them onto in-game onto Painting Canvases!
– New Dino: Cnidaria!
– New Dino: Troodon!
– New Dino: Tusoteuthis!
– New Dino: Pegomastax!
– New Dino: Therizinosaurus!
– 2 New Full-Scale Underwater Caves (progression-oriented with Artifacts!)
– Winter Wonderland 2 Event! Follow Raptor Claus around The Island, Scorched Earth, and The Center as he drops items, coal, and the occasional tough-as-nails creature to keep you warm at night! Lots of cosmetics and the DodoRex make an appearance, along with new items!
– Additional networking performance gains of approximately +15%
– BattlEye is now enabled by default for dedicated servers, use -NoBattlEye to run your server without it
– Various new ARK DevKit features & hooks
– TamingSpeedMultiplier, HarvestAmountMultiplier, and XPMultiplier are now hardcoded with an extra 2x multiplier. If you wish to have your server use the same rates as before, please reduce your sever’s custom values for those by 50%
* Changed AI Controllers to once again be destroyed on Stasis, too much memory overhead to keeping them around on large maps. For servers with a lot of RAM, they can now optionally gain performance by running with -StasisKeepControllers to keep the AI’s in memory.
* Fixed PhysX crash when using wheeled-vehicle Mods. (ARK: Moon Survival etc)
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed client-side crash associated with Brontos.
* Fixed bug with Dino Weights not being applied onto Platform Saddles after unstasising
* Attached C4 is now always targeted by Turrets where possible
* Fixed C4 on groundable Flyers taking effect when they’re not over-water
* Platform Saddle Passengers sitting on Furniture now get the standard percentage of their Weight added to the Platform Saddle Dino
* Veggie Cakes max Percentage Healing amount capped at 2100 HP
* Bronto attack AoE reduced by 30% for Tamed/Ridden Brontos, Bronto incoming damage multiplier from Explosions changed to 100% (from 50%) and from Fire to 75% (from 40%)
* 20% per Tamed Ptero Level reduction in Speed (~15% average reduction in Ptero Speed to Tamed Pteros)
* Fixed issue where attached Transponders were grounding Flyers.
* Made turrets shoot C4’s attached to enemy dinos.
* Made all Flyers except for Quetz and Wyvern become ‘grounded’ if you put a C4 on them. To disable this behavior, launch server with ?ForceFlyerExplosives=true
* Veggie Cakes now have 10% healing of Herbis between 500 and 2500 HP over a 30 second duration, with 50% spoiling lifetime, and no longer are effective on Titanosaurus. Requires Server Update.
* Likely fix for client-side Health Meter getting stuck at zero.
* Fix for issue of Dinos sometimes continuing to “walk forward” if you tapped ‘W’ when riding.
Requires Server Update.
* Veg cakes should no longer be auto-consumed for Food by any dino except Achatina
* Veg cakes WILL be auto-consumed by any Dino for Health if their HP is below 85% (yes, even Carnivores, though to minimal benefit on them :stuck_out_tongue: ). The Dino will consume one Veg cake every 10 seconds until it has above 85% Health again.
* Chitin / Keratin can be placed in Feeding Troughs
* Sauropod Tamed Health gain (leveled-up portion) reduced by 30%
* Doedicurus and Carbonemys no longer gain Herbivore-healing from Veg Cakes
* Veg Cake max healing amount limited to 3000 HP over 10 seconds (otherwise 15% of max HP), in addition to instant +500 (edited)
* Herbivore Explosion Damage multiplier changed to 40% rather than 55%
* You can no longer erroneously shimmy up sheer landscapes on dinos.
* Fixed a client-side chat crash.
* Manually-used Veggie Cakes now heal 15% (over 10 seconds when manually fed) in addition to +500 HP (on Herbivores), have cooldown interval reduced to 10s, and take 4x as long to spoil
* Herbivores now have 55% damage reduction from explosives and 62.5% damage reduction vs fire (due to their thick hides).
* Fixed some rare crash cases.
* Crash fix for servers when loading save games with certain Mods!
* Ended Turkey Trial Event! (deprecated items)
* Reintegrated PhysX 3.4 for larger performance gain. Fixed PhysX memory leak!
* Taking various Eggs now aggro the respective species
* Improvement to Dino movement physics accuracy when riding a Dino
* Changed Item stack size limits to Beer Barrel: 3, Catapult: 1, Wind Turbine 1
* Eliminated Cross-Transfer exploit and took GM actions.
* Fixed rare server crash.
* Dedicated Server: Temporarily rolled-back PhysX version to 3.3 in order to resolve Memory Leak. Recommend upgrading to this version until 252.5 is ready which will fix the leak Requires Server Update.
* When run with ?DestroyUnconnectedWaterPipes=true or official servers always, after two days real-time the pipes will auto-destroy if unconnected to any non-pipe (directly or indirectly) and no allied player is nearby. (edited)
(you don’t have to test that 😉 )
* Spam-structure building is now rate-limited to help out slow servers.
* 80% improvement to foundation testing calculation to reduce server stalls when building on slow servers.
* Fixed a Moschops ambient harvesting crash
* New GM Commands:
TakeAllStructure: gives your tribe all the structures of the team you’re currently looking at.
TakeAllDino: gives your tribe all the dinos of the team you’re currently looking at.
GMBuff: gives you god, infinite stats, AI ignorance, and a bunch of experience.
GMSummon: summons a tamed dino that isn’t cheat-tamed, so still requires a saddle.
* “OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0” can now be set in [ServerSettings] INI, not only via the launch commandline (“?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0”)
* Fixed PhysX crash on TheCenter with large overlaps. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue with ragdolls falling thru the ground (new PhysX inverted ray trace direction on terrain heightfields :-P). Requires Server Update
* Fixed Megalosaurus losing its Tame Affinity whenever it wakes up due to Night-time. Requires Server Update
* Signed additional PhysX DLL’s to help resolve some BattlEye connection issues, and removed some unnecessary PhysX DLL’s.
* Raised proximity structure limit to 10,500 (the structure limit is actually working now with the new PhysX!). Renamed the server variable to “TheMaxStructuresInRange” so that all servers get a one-time reset to the new value: ?TheMaxStructuresInRange=10500 (or in the [ServerSettings] of GameUserSettings.ini). Requires Server Update
* You can now put Leech Blood in your quick item slots in order to feed it to the Moschops. Requires Server Update
* Reintegrated the Item Quantity limits for various structures that was lost in the merge from v251. Requires Server Update
* ARK: Turkey Trial 2! New challenge and cosmetics! Earnable Emotes! (this system also enables Mods to add more Emotes to the game!)
* New Dinos: Achatina, Megalosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, & Moschops!
* New Mechanic: Breeding Phase 3: Random Mutations and Family Trees. At last!!!!
* All-new Caves on The Island, redesigned with proper shipping-quality layouts and graphics & increased challenge (ALL Cave Structures will necessarily be wiped in this version). (Still to come beyond this are the Underwater Caves & Tek Cave.)
* 2 new mythos Explorer Notes for each character
* Approximate 15% server performance increase due to massive replication & physx efficiency improvement
* Whistle Ordering Groups! Create groups by class, or specific-dino! Awwww yeah! (also Whistles to group-set Follow Ranges)
* New Whistle Type: “Move To”, point at an arbritrary location and tell your dinos to move there!
* VFX indicators for whistle commands: Move To, Attack, and Group-Selected Units. ARK RTS?
* Extra Option to “stream” in “Far” map sublevels, for large memory and performance gains (but reduced visual quality & draw distance).
* Tamed Giganotosaurus HP & Damage reduced by approximately 15%
* Unversioned Hotfix: Client-side changed Dino Tamed-On/Uploaded-From HUD info to only be visible on Unconscious Dinos, even if they’re your own team. Also hid that info when “Hide Server Info” option is enabled.
* Fixed a CrossARK inventory transfer crash. Requires Server Update.
* Made Flyers dismount in Scorched Earth caves properly. Requires Server Update.
* Made Spoil Timers retain their realtime values thru CrossARK transfers. Requires Server Update.
* On CrossARK servers, your Dinos will now indicate the server they were Tamed on when you look at them (and you can see this on dead enemy dinos as well, along with the server they were previously Uploaded from, if any, useful for tracking points of origin.) Requires Server Update.
* Fixed a case of Dinos falling thru bases/floors on client
* Fixed server option ConfigOverrideItemCraftingCosts to work properly for inventories that have been loaded from saved game (so it works properly now 😉 Requires Server Update.
* Enabled full Cross-Ark Survivor/Item/Dino transfers between all Official Servers of a specific game mode (PvP, PvE, Primitive).
* Added new server commandline/ini option ?MinimumDinoReuploadInterval=1000 for number of seconds cooldown between allowed Dino re-uploads (defaults to 0, set to 43200 on Official Servers which is 12 hours). Remaining cooldown time is displayed on the Dino Upload UI.
* OfficialServer Transferred Dinos now display the name of the server they were transferred from when looking at them (only displays this info when dead if a non-Tribe Dino).
* Fixed issue with Wild Dinos spawning inside bases (may still be an ‘edge case’ if you have a very long fence with few nearby structures; requires at least 15 “core” structures within a 6000 unit radius to prevent spawn, or tamed dino within a 4000 unit radius, but otherwise will work properly now).
* Fixed an infinite loop lockup case.
* Fixed Wyverns / other creatures having infinite special-attack stamina when carrying a creature
* Changed the following items to have only 1 stack, and retroactively applied this to help deal with an exploit:
– Industrial Grinder
– Chemistry Bench
– Industrial Cooker
– Tree Platforms
– Industrial Grill
– Industrial Forge
– Ballista Turret
– Minigun turret
– Rocket turret
– Oil pump
– Air conditioner
And these are now limited to 5 in a stack:
– Huge Gates & Gate Frames (Wall and Ceiling)
* Fix for user/server INI values not being properly utilized
* Conclusion of Fear Evolved event: the Fear Evolved Structures will be removed, but any earned Cosmetic Items and ZombDodos/ZombWyverns remain!
* Fix of Procedurally Generated ARK crashes, massive reduction in generation and loading time, fix for PGM’s on Linux Servers and Mac & Linux Clients. (Wipes saved v1 PGM’s, now is v2)
* 1 new mythos Explorer Note for each character
* “Ignore All Whistles” option for Dinos
* Per-Alarm-Tripwire Option for Tripwires to not be set-off by Tribemates or Allied Tribes. (defaults to not be set off by Allies)
* Alpha Mosasaurs now drop quality fishing rods
* Preserving Bin now has 24 item slots
* Alpha Wyvern and Alpha Deathworm Trophy heads
* Platform Dinos now add 33% of the inventory weight from creatures/players standing on them (previously was 0%), and 85% of the creature/players inherent carry-weight.
* Imprinted baby walking now respects the server’s “AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle” setting
* Underwater mines no longer target wild dinos
* You can now paint the bulbs of electric lamps which will colorize the lighting which comes from them
* Fixed issue where you could upload engram-crafted items to Cross-Server and they would disappear
* Fixed issue with Industrial Cooker not properly using up water container when crafting
* Fixed an issue with unstasising structuctures occasionally being invisible on client
* Sloped Roofs now properly used for indoors calculation
* Redid all 3D Dino Dossiers to look & be more accurate to original 2D concepts
* Fixed longstanding issue of movement getting stuck on trees in permanent Falling physics state
* Snap Point Cycling! Press ‘Q’ (‘give default weapon’ key) or ‘Z’ (‘defecate’ key) when placing to cycle thru all nearby Snap Points 🙂
* Fixed an Industrial Grinder exploit.
* Fixed Dino Witch Hat skin to be equipable again
* Various fixes to ZombieWyverns
* Fix to allow new Halloween items to be transferable in Obelisk terminal
* ARK: Fear Evolved 2 (event runs thru Nov 5)
** DodoWyvern & ZombieWyvern Army, DodoWyvern Mask Skin (Scorched Earth)
** DodoRex & ZombieDodo Army, DodoRex Mask Skin (The Island)
** New cosmetic items: Vampire Eyes, Werewolf Mask, and Clown Mask
** Placeable “Carveable” Jackolanterns, Gravestones, & Scarecrows
** Return of Fear Evolved 1 Bone Dino Costumes
** New Bone Dino Costumes (Giga, Quetzal, Wyvern, Jerboa)
** Witch Hat Skin for Survivors & Dinos is back!
* Implemented a fix for Spoiling times. Requires Server Update! Highly Recommend Servers Get this Update!
Unversioned Hotfix: Primitive+ now has fixed animations, and various updated content. Requires Server Update.
* Game support for custom Procedural ARK Generators (ala Mods)! Here’s an example:
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed overspawn of Dimetrodons in TheCenter Volcano area.
* Fixed collecting Explorer Notes while on Dinos (get a Dino XP Buff when you collect it on a Dino!!)
* Fixed crash case with clients on PGM. Still have issues on a Linux Server, expected solution this weekend.
* Fixed ?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 (etc) on servers. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed permissions on Neutering.
* Fixed Diplocaulus unboarding movement in local play.
* Fixed issue with Dinos not eating or updating some parts of their AI! Requires Server Update! Highly Recommend Servers Get this Update!
* Fixed issue with TheCenter preventing player connections
* You can now wield your weapons when mount-riding certain Dinos. The ARK Box Art is for reals 😉
– New Feature: Procedurally Generated ARKs! EXPERIMENTAL INITIAL TEST! Details for Hosting Dedicated PGARK Here:https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/99062-quickie-procedurally-generated-arks-how-to-guide/
* New Mechanic: Explorer Notes
* New Dino: Kaprosuchus!
* New Dino: Diplocalus!
* New Dino: Chalicotherium!
* Render batching optimization for ~20% perf in structure-heavy areas
* Tree Platforms now have +70% HP and +50% resistance to explosive damage
* Neuter/Spay option for Tamed Dinos (irreversible!)
* Radial Wheel Menu text size now scales with number of entries (to avoid Diplodocus overload, etc)
* Spectators can now see player-talking moving lips & hear voice chat when in range
* Fixed player collisions onto big dino ragdolls
* Non-Drop-In Supply Crates (Cave/Underwater crates etc) no longer have decreasing Health over time (no longer autodestroy), but they can also not accept Inventory anymore and can not be used to generate Boss Tribute Portals.
* System to completely add/subtract/override all Map NPC Spawners via INI (highly useful for PGM spawn tweaking). Fully Mod NPC compatible as well! Details here:https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/99062-quickie-procedurally-generated-arks-how-to-guide/
* Changed Structures collision channels to fix issues with crop plots, elevators, etc.Requires Server Update.
* Improved Quetz platform flight-blocking traces (less rubber-banding).
* Lightning Wyvern beam now damages Raptors and other small Dinos it was missing.
* Prevented spike walls on Dino Platforms (retroactive, unless ?OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true)
* Prevented Quetz from moving when head is blocked by platform structures
* Prevented floating platform structures (non-retroactive)
* AutoTurrets shouldn’t ever shoot where it can’t hit anymore
* Prevented building near supply drop points on PvE (unless ?PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=true)
* Overworld supply drops will now spawn near player structures in online PvP
* Improvement to Server PhysX performance!
* Further performance improvement to server-side timer logic.
* Fixed serious performance issue with dedicated servers. Highly Recommend that all server hosts upgrade as soon as possible!
* Significant server-side performance improvements of approximately 10% on average.Requires Server Update.
* Servers can now override their difficulty above 4.0, using “?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0” or whatever number they want. Be careful not to go too high!
* Made Dinos’ current Following Target save.
* Fixed a case where Tamed Dinos could be erroneously destroyed on load/unstasis.
* Changed enemy-structure destruction log (for the victim tribe) to not display in Tribe Logs by default (instead, a generic structure destruction message is given). Use server setting “?TribeLogDestroyedEnemyStructures=true” to make it indicate the attacker tribe.
* Fixed issue where Water Pipes & Electric Cables would not update their state correctly.Requires Server Update. Highly recomend that all servers upgrade for this fix!
* Fixed critical performance problems with Water Pipes & Electric Cables! Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue where stasised Wells wouldn’t refill connected Taps. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue where water containers in Taps connected to wells would cause the pipes to flicker filled/unfilled. Requires Server Update.
* Homing Rocket now has max targeting range of 6800 units, and can be distracted by nearby Flares. Requires Server Update.
* Plant Species Y now has 300% larger activation radius, kills victims faster, lasts longer, degrades & pierces their armor more, and can now only be damaged by flame or explosives Requires Server Update.
* Whip now has 40% chance to disarm, rather than 25%. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue where Hotkey slots were getting shifted when transferring characters with items across ARK clusters. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue where player collision could get stuck on pipes/cables. Requires Server Update.
* Added “-ClusterDirOverride=C:/TestStorage/” launch parameter to servers (use whatever path you want). This allows you to use a common cross-server storage location that functions between multiple servers running on the same machine. (And you also still need to launch with “-ClusterId=SOMETHINGUNIQUE” in order to get your box’s servers to allow cross-transfer.)
* Fixed overspawning and physics/collision volume issues on TheCenter. Requires Server Update.
Current Version: v247.8
* Fixed various misc level issues on TheCenter. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Pillars accidentally preventing resource spawns around them. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Giganotosaurus not being able to attack trees. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Archaeopteryx latching onto ScorchedEarth Joshua Tree. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Mac text input crash.
* Fixed case where players could get themselves pushed through world geometry!Requires Server Update.
* Fixed case where Survivors/Items could be lost on travelling between ARK’s
* Fixed Oculus Rift support for 1.0.0 Retail SDK!
* Fixed a server-side crash with downloading Survivors on Unofficial Servers.
* Fixed a crash with the List Sessions UI
* Improved appearance of Landscape in Ansel Super Resolution captures
* Fixed an input locking issue with IME using Chinese characters.
* Added Archaeopteryx and Tapejara to ScorchedEarth — Archaeopteryx hangs around Joshua Trees, Tapejara can be found in mountainous areas.
* Fixed Archaeopteryx spawn frequency on TheIsland, now common in Redwoods.Requires server update.
* Fixed client crash-on-exit that occured with certain mods
* Fixed TheCenter spawning Archaeopteryx. Requires server update.
* Fixed crash that could occur when someone was a passenger on the Tapejara
* Fixed edge case of aiming weapons on the Tapejara.Requires server update.
* Fixed issue with Structures not colorizing.
* Fixed issue with platform Beds not allowing spawn. Requires server update.
* Fixed crash with equipping weapons onto Mantis in singleplayer
* Improved TheCenter performance/RAM issue (still a remaining problem with this).
* Fixed Primitive+ Crash. Requires server update.
* Fixed ability to use Torches/Spyglass/etc while Riding Dinos. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Allosaurus Kibble requirements (uses Savoroot Veggie, not Savoroot Seed).Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Allososaurus & Pelagornis Fertilized Eggs making respective Kibble. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed singleplayer crash reloading with Mantis Equipment
* Fixed Primitive+ character animations & updated Primitive+ content. We highly recommend that all Prim+ servers update to this new version!
* TheCenter mega-update!
* New Item: Night Vision Goggles!
* New Dino: Tapejara!
* New Dino: Archaeopteryx!
* Wind Turbines now function properly on TheCenter and TheIsland
* You can now name turrets and the turret name will show up in the Tribe Kill Log/HUD message.
* PvE Greenhouse auto-demolish timers are now 25% more than Stone
* Added Server Option to disable Dino Mate Boost
* 30% to 40% rendering performance improvement of Structures
* ~300 MB memory reduction by dynamically streaming the destruction meshes
* NVIDIA Ansel now supports TrueSky at Super Resolutions, and improved Super Resolution SSAO
* Fixed the colorizable regions of the Wood Chair and Bench (4 of them)
* In-Menu Options to disable Bloom and Light Shafts, respectively
* Fixed Korean Langauge setting to use the Steam language value
* Fixed various collision glitch/exploit cases
* Fixed Molleratops and Rock Golem not showing up. Highly recommend that servers upgrade to this new version!
* Fixed client-side crash loading TheCenter.
* Fixed invalid retaining Tent buff. Requires Server Update!
* Fixed Molleratops & Rock Golem activations messing with the Tribe Ride/Order Rank values. Note: older servers should update to stay in sync with clients, otherwise clients will not be able to Drink / Hide respectively. Requires Server Update!
* Fixed server gameplay-logging crash.
* Fixed a server hang.
* Added extra hang protection to server where if it hangs for more than 30 minutes at startup and 15 minutes thereafter, it will automatically shut down).
* Fixed a rocket exploit. Thank you ARK Survivor “Lawrence”! Requires Server Update!
* Lightning Wyvern beam no longer damages structures
* Mantis can no longer equip invalid Saddle types
* Rock Golem now takes 50% damage from Wild Dinos, rather than 10%
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed issue with the Chainsaw sound staying on after unequipping.
Unversioned Hotfix: Added multi-lingual translations for ScorchedEarth. Also added the following new translated languages, use via launch commandline -culture=LanguageCode
* ScorchedEarth: Fixed issue where generators would not automatically come back online after an Electrical Storm.
* Fixed issue where certain Mods would crash. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed a server-side issue where servers could potentially lock-up when using the Fishing Rod. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue where character could spontaneously get get knocked off ladder when climbing. Requires Server Update.
* You can now (rarely) get rare mushrooms/rare-flowers on scorched earth from purple plants, and sickle now harvests from seed cactus. Requires Server Update.
* Whip now only has 25% chance to disarm players. Requires Server Update.
* Wyvern milk can no longer be put in refrigerators. Requires Server Update.
* Spiral stairs now have proper railing collision so you can’t accidentally walk-off the edge. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Battleye disconnection issue when doing server survivor transfer
* Changed Manticore Tribute cost to require only 10 wyvern talons per type, rather than 15. Requires Server Update.
* Antidote item can now be crafted with deathworm spikes alternatively instead of leech blood. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Narcotics not working on Giganotosaurus, and possibly other Dinos. Requires Server Update.
* Added 2 additional Player & Tamed Dino Levels. Requires Server Update.
* Optimized Server Dino Status updating for performance gain. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed a critical server and client performance issue! Immediate upgrade of all servers is highly recommended!
* Fixed issue with losing Engrams on downloading Survivor via Cross-ARK Transfer.
* Fixed insulation calculation bug that caused spontaneous death in some bases.Requires Server Update.
* Fixed issue that was causing item tooltips not to appear in singleplayer mode (and thus the item management hotkeys not to work).
* Giganotosaurus no longer harvests wood. Requires Server Update.
* Poison Wyvern tertiary ‘C’ ground attack is now Wing-Flap Wind, not Snarl. Requires Server Update.
* Diseases no longer persist across Survivor cross-server travel. Requires Server Update.
* One-time Official PvE TheIsland Server rollback to fix deletion of bases around mountain no-build areas. Disabled use of mountain no-build areas on Official PvE.
* Scorched Earth Expansion Integration!
* Cross-ARK travel & Cross-Official-Server Transfer via Supply Crates & Obelis Terminals
* New Structure: Large Ceiling Dino Doors (Stone, Metal, Adobe)
* NVIDIA Ansel support (Launch ARK with the NVIDIA Ansel launch option (or -allowansel), Alt-F2 during singleplayer gameplay, and [Delete] in spectator mode to access Depth of Field menu!)
* Mounted Dinos are now throw by double-tapping the F key. They can be thrown when riding by pressing the R key.
* You can now hold down the Hotbar Key for any consumable/eatable item to rapidly consume the entire stack of items.
* Fixed an issue with Industrial Grinders. Recommend all player-hosted servers update asap. Requires Server Update.
* Gate Frames are no longer considered foundation/resource-blockers (and can not be built within range of enemy Foundations).
* You can launch an autodestroy enabled server with “?OnlyAutoDestroyCoreStructures=true” to prevent any non-core/non-foundation structures from autodestroying (however they’ll still get autodestroyed if a floor that they’re on gets autodestroyed, of course). Official PvE Servers now use this option.
* Fixed an exploit that allowed phasing through walls.
* Fixed a turret avoidance exploit.
* The following structures can no longer be built within range of enemy foundations:
Large Storage Box
* Fixed issue where “FastDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures” was affecting Tree Platforms.
* Updated Primitive+, fixing numerous issues! May require Server update to retain compatibility with clients! Requires Server Update.
* Changed Pillars back to the low-prevention radius they previously had.
* New server option: “?FastDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=true”, which will decay unsnapped foundations/pillars at 5x speed.
* Note: All official PvE servers now have “-AutoDestroyStructures”, to automatically demolish old structures, and “?FastDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=true”. Official PvP servers only do this on Pillars, using “?OnlyDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=true”.
* Fixed cases where you could get stuck in world geometry after being pushed by Dinos.Requires Server Update.
* Fixed another case of Dinos falling thru Floors. Requires Server Update.
* Pillars now extend resource/respawn prevention radius as far out as foundations.Requires Server Update.
* New server option: ?OnlyDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=true
If set, only unsnapped core structures will decay. Useful for eliminating lone pillar/foundation spam on PvP Servers.
* On August 22nd, we will be enabling Auto Destruction of any decayed (demolishable) PvE structures on all Official Servers. They will at that time be auto-destroyed if they are publicly demolishable. Also, at that time, all old lone (unsnapped) pillars & foundations will be cleared from Official PvP servers
* Fixed networking issue associated with ‘flickering’ / ‘detached’ Mounted Dinos. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed getting stuck on rocks/geometry when pushed by Dinos. Improvements to Dinos & Bodies falling thru Floors. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed character Ragdolls falling through the ground when dying. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed Sky rendering in VR mode
* Fishing Rod can only be crafted 3 times from a Blueprint and can not be repaired, but Fishing Rod loot quality scale increased by 20%! Fishing is also less likely to yield rare resources. Requires server update.
* Fixed bug with Scuba Tank durability decreasing too quickly on long-running servers.Requires server update.
* New Dev Kit Hooks: Mods can now Remove engrams from the game, as well as append additional Dinosaur spawns without having to completely override the Dinosaur spawn entries. Requires server update.
* TheCenter: Disabled jumping-puzzle reward loot for the time being.
* NVIDIA ANSEL support — waiting on ARK being added to NVIDIA driver whitelist. You’ll then be able to press Alt-F2 during singleplayer gameplay, and generate cool specialized screenshots with a roving camera, even super-rez and stereoscopic 3D / VR-ready. For Ansel, recommend 100% resolution scalar and no motion blur (those settings will tend to mess it up). WSAD to move the camera around in Ansel mode, click-drag to turn the camera.
Unversioned Hotfix: Re-added SteamCMD.exe for dedicated server mod management using “-automanagedmods” commandline
* Reintegrated core VR support for retail Oculus unit! Details here:
* Added “Wild Only” targeting setting for turrets. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed a crash that would occur with the Industrial Grinder. Requires Server Update.
* Added optional launch command for severs to disable non-meat Fish Loot: -nofishlootRequires server update.
* Clamped Fishing Rod Effectiveness to 500%. Requires server update.
* Industrial Grinder now yields up to 100 items of a type per grind (rather than 50).Requires server update.
* Fixed client-side memory stomp crash (W+F bug)
* Fixed Allosaurus spawning too close to bases. Requires server update.
* Fixed harvesting issue (inability to harvest). Requires server update.
* Fixed various issues reported on TheCenter, and further optimized. Requires Server Update.
* Rebalanced Fishing Rod loot table & scaling. Requires Server Update.
* Made Carnivores not insta-harvest creatures that they kill, except for the Pelagornis and Beezlebufo as appropriate. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed an issue with inability to harvest repeatedly when holding the attack button on a melee weapon. Requires server update.
* Fixed multiple-melee-attack bug with melee-weapons
* Made Carnivore insta-harvest take the death-inventory of the victim as well (provided the Carnivore has Collect Victim Items enabled and sufficient Inventory Weight).
* Fixed inability to Fish. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed & Improved Ragdoll Networked (requires Server And Client update). Also re-enabled Ragdoll Death Impulse.
* Removed Fishing Rod Blueprint from Fish Loot Table and decreased Fish Loot Table Qualtiy by 33%, as well as marking certain Fish Loot Table Items to only occur at high-quality.
* Land Dinos can now do movement-blocking attacks while in Water again (Scorpion etc), but not when Falling anymore 😉
* Fixed potential memory corruption
* Made Beezlebufo’s 5x bug damage multiplier apply to Dragonflies as well (was always supposed to)
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed Primitive+ Storage Boxes not appearing. Requires Server and Client Update, please update accordingly!
* Fixed issue with Tamed Pelagnornis disappearing. Requires server update!
* Fixed a server crash associated with Fishing
* Fixed issue where carried Dinosaurs couldn’t attack
* Fixed a server performance issue
* TheCenter mega-update! (New Biomes, New Islands, New Caves & Creature Spawns, etc)
* New Official Total Conversion: Primitive+, optimized, ‘completed’, and packaged as Free DLC
* New Creature: Pelagornis!
* New Creature: Allosaurus!
* New Item: Fishing Rod + Fishing Mechanic! (Just Sap and Leech Blood baits for now, but many more baits will be added in the next day!)
* New Structure: Industrial Grinder: grinds items into a portion of their crafting resources, converts resources into simpler resources
* New Structure: Spiral Staircase (Stone/Wood/Metal)
* New Mechanic: Optional Hitmarkers for ranged attacks (server can toggle them, as well as client if the server allows it). Default enabled, “?AllowHitMarkers=false” to disable. Also, server crosshair is now enabled by default, “?ServerCrosshair=false” to disable. There are now client options to disable these effects locally as well.
* Building Attack/Destruction TribeLogs
* UI Option to colorize item name texts based on quality level.
* Offline Raid Protection mode now disables PIN Locking, and Structures in Caves no longer get ORP.
* Client-side update: Fixed crashes associated with loading directly into a server from the Steam browser list, and a rare crash associated with streaming skeletal meshes.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed local singleplayer/non-dedicated crash that would occur when travelling between areas.
* Fixed crash in 244.6 (recommend that all unofficial servers upgrade ASAP!)
* Defaulted to using “new save format”, which is approximately 4x faster and 50% smaller. If you want to use the old save format, launch with -oldsaveformat. (New saves are not backwards compatible!)
* Reduced client game memory usage by about 600 MB system and 600 MB GPU RAM! (all meshes now stream LOD’s dynamically). This could potentially have a small runtime performance impact, so to use the old method (more RAM usage but no potential performance loss), launch with -nomemorybias
* Diseases are now permanently cleared whenever you level-up; as you get “older”, it’s more time consuming to recover from a disease.
* Titanosaurus torpor reduced by 50%, and Travel Distance for taking Torpor reduced by 50%. Effectively, Titanosaurus is now much easier to knock out. Titanosaurus Saddle Engram is now moved to Level 85 with 120 EP requirement.
* Experimental fast save/load code implemented for servers. Approximately 4x faster and 75% smaller. We strongly recommend backing up your save games if you intend to try this out, as we’re still testing it. Use with launch commandline “-newsaveformat”
– Fixed a case where armor could be circumvented using gun weapons. Requires Server Update.
* Fixed an issue with Rockets. Required deleting all existing Rocket Ammo Items once. We are sorry, but it was necessary! Special thanks to Survivor “Rocketreporter” for the extremely helpful bounty report! Requires Server Update, we recommend upgrading as soon as possible!
* Fixed issue with players teleporting above the landscape in Cave 1. Requires Server Update.
* Windows & Linux Dedicated Servers now support automatic mod download/installation/updating! Just add “-automanagedmods” to your launch commandline and it will do so before the server launches (note for Maps this will not work unless you’re specifying the Workshop ID to load a Mod Map). On Linux Servers, you need to run this script (included with the ARK dedicated server files) once to install SteamCMD: \SteamCMDInstall.sh
You can also specify a manual list of extra Steam Workshop Mods/Maps/TC ID’s to download/install/update in your Game.ini via (with the commandline as normal to actually use them in-game), example:
* Fixed issue with Fish endlessly spawning on land near the Redwood Biome. Requires Server Update.
Unversioned Hotfix: Significantly reduced client-side hitches/stalls during network Structure streaming.
* Fixed unharvestable snow-transition trees, they’re now harvestable. Requires Server Update.
* Holiday Event Items: Celebratory Colorizable Sparkler Skins (which can be applied onto Torches, which can now be mounted on wall-torches and standing Torches for infinite light colors!) — get ’em from Diseased Leeches — & Fireworks Launcher Skins — get ’em from Alpha Mosasaurs.
* Fix for missing resources on snow areas of TheIsland (after Biome Update)
* Fix for increasing memory when opening Inventory UI repeatedly
* Approximate 10-15% Loading Speed Performance Improvement, and faster connection to servers
* Lots of powerful Dev Kit functionality hooks
* Lotta Alpha Mosasaurus’ in honor of Shark Week 2016 — hunt & kill them to get a special limited edition item 😉
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed a networking performance issue that would affect servers with <= 2 accessible cores, as well as improving Non-Dedicated Hosts.
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed various important network issues involving teleporting/fast-travel resulting in ‘invisible’ Structures on Clients.
* Improved server performance by approximately 5% depending on number of connected players.
* Fixed issue where Rafts could appear in the incorrect location on Clients.
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed various Ptero and Quetz and Chair exploits that allowed getting thru Structures.
* Fixed issue where Tribe Alliances would not initially be loaded, causing pandemonium among Dinos and Turrets within cross-Alliance bases.
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed significant performance issue with dual-core CPU’s, affected Servers and Singleplayer mode. Thanks to Steam User / Server Host “ddvs1” for helping us track this down!!
* Fixed Max XP limit on Dedicated Servers.
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed longstanding issue with Platform Saddle Structure Snapping (particularly with Pillars) being unreliable.
* Fixed issue with creating side-snapped floating pillars.
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed erroneous demolition of snapped Pillars.
Requires Server Update:
* Properly added 2 more max-levels (XP limit) to Players and Dinos.
* Fixed longstanding multiplayer issue where weapons often wouldn’t correctly auto-reload when switching to them if previously out-of-ammo.
* Fixed an issue where Dinos could get stuck in a Fleeing state forever.
* Improved Terror Bird spawns (not so many).
* Tree Platform now requires Holding Demolish option for 6 seconds to activate the Demolish option. Because Demolishing Tree Platforms can instantly take down an entire Tree Base, it should be a little more time-consuming to ensure that’s the desired selection.
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed Beaver Dams (they weren’t spawning)
* Fixed Manta Taming
* Fixed Obelisk Terminal activation collision
* Fixed Server Primitive Engrams INI to contain Rope Ladders
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed some pillar building issues (couldn’t place pillars directly on platform saddles/rafts, or on some platform-ceiling extensions).
* Fixed issue of getting more Swamp Fevers if you had Leeches attached to you on each subsequent game relaunch.
* Fixed issue where some swamp water dino spawners weren’t active.
* Fixed issue where some servers/clients were stalling out.
* Fixed Toads/Dimetrodons/Leeches and other swamp water creatures not spawning (Swamp Water spawns). Requires Server Update.
* Force respawn all wild Dinos once for servers/singleplayer (if they haven’t already run the biome clearance manually) to help clear up any wild dinos stuck under the ground.
* Auto-Turrets will now properly target & shoot Dino platform “Trojan Horse” builds.Requires Server Update.
* Possibly fixed potential Linux Server performance issue
* Added Titanosaurus colorization
* Fixed Chemistry Bench not properly containing “Absorbent Substrate” Engram.Requires Server Update.
* Fixed a server crash associated with Dino Baby Births. Also fixedwww.SurviveTheArk.com Tripwire Alarm & Birth Notifications to properly work! Requires Server Update.
* New Creature: Titanosaurus!
* New Item: Gas Mask!
* New Item: Herbivore “TastyCakes”
* New Item: Chain Bola Ammo for Ballista Turret!
* New Structure: Retractable Rope Ladders!
* New Structure: Tree Sap Taps!
* New Structures: Wood and Metal Tree Platforms!
* New Mechanic: Custom Tripwire Alarm Notifications via SurviveTheArk.com (E-mail and Forum). Optionally Tribes can post to arbritrary URL, if they have a custom system! Now if someone’s raiding your base, you can get on top of it! 😉 Note: you need to be in a Tribe (even a Tribe of one by yourself 😉 for this feature to be utilized!
* Biome Update: Snow Extension & New Redwood Forests (this is a major environmental overhaul!)
* GroundClutter effect extended 50% further and +20% more GPU efficiency
* Approximate +5% GPU performance improvement related to more efficient foliage culling
* Approximate +10% Server CPU gains related to more network multi-threading
* Added option to disable Inventory Sounds. Yeah 😉
* Balled Doed’s are no longer invincible to Tamed Dino melee attacks — now just very, very resistant to them.
* Magnfiying Glass now displays creature Torpor stats (on Wild creatures too).
* Tribe Alliances now disabled in Offline Raid mode (too complex to determine if anyone in an Alliance is around), C4/Traps can no longer be placed near Offline-Raid Protected Structures, and Offline-Raid mode now forces all Structures to be Lockable so that players can “Lock” Crop Plots to prevent their turrets from being disabled.
* New Server Option: “?PreventTribeAlliances=true” to prevent tribe alliances
* Engagement with Wild Naturally-Fleeing & Small creatures (tiny bugs etc) no longer trigger combat music
* Tamed Dinos that are following a submerged allied Target will not attempt to float to the surface of the water, but rather will attempt to stay at the depth of their allied Target. (helpful when deliberately going deep-diving your tamed land Dinos). However, Dinos that are capable of suffocating will try to surface if they are out of Oxygen regardless!
* Vaults can no longer be dropped onto saddle platforms
* Transfer-All/Drop-All methods now only drop/transfer what is currently disabled in the inventory, respecting any filters/folders you may have active (so for example, if you’re within a folder, it will only transfer those items, or if you have a text filter active, etc).
* Fixed an issue where pillars were not being calculated correctly as foundations when building pillars downwards
* Massive +33% rendering gains with any translucent rendering (particles, greenhouse windows, etc). Yay for eliminating unnecessary SceneColor resolves!
* Game.INI values to scale the the 5 kinds of XP earned: Generic (automatic over time), Crafting, Harvesting, Killing, and SpecialEvents: “KillXPMultiplier”,”HarvestXPMultiplier”,”CraftXPMultiplier”,”GenericXPMultiplier”,”SpecialXPMultiplier” (all 1.0 by default)
* Tamed & Wild Gigas Damage reduced by 50%, Wild Giga HP reduced by 40%, Tamed Giga Run Speed reduced by 30%, Tamed Giga HP reduced by 25%, Giga Stamina Increased by 30%. Tamed Gigas now require/consume 50% less food for subsistence.
* Tamed Ptero Damage reduced by 30%
* Fixed a rare PhysX crash that would bring down servers on occasion. Seemingly free of any more PhysX-crashes now!
* Fixed bug where Wild Giganotosaurus and other dinos would not respawn properly until the server was relaunched.
* Added two additional levels to gain, for Players and Dinos
* Server Note: To allow your Server’s Titanosaurs to be permanently tamed (namely allow them to be Fed), launch your server with this commandline option: ?AllowRaidDinoFeeding=true
However, note that TheIsland currently only spawns 3 Titanosaurs whatsoever, so 3 Tamed ones would ultimately block any more Wild ones from spawning.
Note for Unofficial Servers: If you wish to destroy structures within the new Biomes, you can launch your servers with this commandline parameter (that’s a dash, not a question mark — put this at the end of your server commandline 😉
Note this command will only execute once per server save!
* Increased server performance another 8%
* Fixed a Grappling Hook crash
* Concluded the ARK Anniversary Event
* Fixed a potential Mod item crash
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed a replication threading issue that could have caused invisible players. Ended ARK Anniversary Event for reals. Requires Server Update.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed an issue that would cause players to become unceremoniously kicked off their mounted turrets at certain angles. Requires Server Update.
Unversioned Hotfix: Disabled anisotropic filtering on clients by default on non-terrain textures. Added a Checkbox Option to re-enable it.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed Mountable Turrets that were glitching out/dropping players. Also optimized the turret/seat system for better server performance. Requires Server Update.
* Multi-Threaded networking system for substantial (~15%) sever performance improvement. More perf gains to come soon too!
* Fixed exploit where Chairs could be used to clip into people’s bases.
* Added client “-NoBiomeWalls” commandline parameter which eliminates the upcoming-Biome-change area wall effects
* Made TheCenter properly use Overriden GameModes (Difficulty Mods, Prim+ Total Conversion, etc).
* Fixed a performance issue that was occurring with PvP Offline Raid Protected Servers. Thank you so much to Steam User “Shadowsong” for helping us identify and solve it!
* Fixed a bug where PvP Offline Raid Protected Servers could lack AI for newly-spawned Dinos.
* Made Swamp Fever particle effect not visible from player’s own perspective.
These require server-side update:
* Fixed some Raft exploits (C4-Poker and Breach-Rafts)
* Reduced the scaling by 50% of Dino Adult Food Consumption rate when unstasising. This is to help compensate for the bug fix in v242.0 which now correctly utilizes the Adult Food Consumption Rate when unstasising a Dinosaur (hence the higher rate of consumption on Giganotosaurus, which were one of the few Dinosaurs to use that multiplier).
* Allowed Vaults to be built on Rafts, specifically.
* Fixed Raft naming & some other potential Raft networking issues.
* Made Fortitude slightly more effective for avoiding Disease (90 Fortitude == 80% reduction in Disease chance, rather than 110 Fortitude)
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed a crash that was affecting some Mods/TC’s on/near startup.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed Dino Baby cuddle times erroneously resetting after reloading savegame.
* Improved Argi/Quetz/Ptero/Dimorph eating animations
* Balled Doed’s now only get their damage on autoturret projectiles reduced by 50%, not 100%. Requires server update.
* Can no longer drop picked-up Dinos through structure walls. Requires server update.
* Can no longer Detonate creature-attached C4 through structure walls. Requires server update.
* Diplodocus “friendlyness” no longer plays battle music. Requires server update.
* Further improved server & clients CPU performance by approximately 5%
* Fixed issue where turrets wouldn’t target someone who had C4’s stuck all over their body. Now, Boom. Requires server update.
* Fixed issue where you could re-imprint on Baby Dinos.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed issue with Leech Blood not being storable in Icebox/Preserving Bins. Requires Server Update.
* Performance improvements to server yielding 20-25% perf increase. Also improves Client CPU utilization.
* Changed Rhino Horn requirement to Narcotic on Lesser Antidote. Made Lesser Antidote Disease Immunity last 3 minutes.
* Leech Blood now spoils after 3 hours (Stackable in Quantities of 50), can be stored in Fridge. Made leech blood more common to harvest.
* Made Swamp Fever increase movement speed by 20% and decrease rate of food, water, and oxygen consumption by 50%.
* Made Swamp Fever not able to be transmitted through collisions/walls.
* Among current non-human creatures, now only Tamed Dodos can be infected with Swamp Fever. (as intended). Any existing infected dinos are cleared on sever launch.
* Bug Repellent now repels Leeches and bug repellent now works when applied to your Tamed Dinos
* Attached Leech no longer drains Stamina.
* Reduced rate by about 70% of Diseased Leeches in Swamps, as intended.
* Water/Amphibious creatures are no longer targeted by Leeches. (swamp native 😉
* Dinos will not play the eat animation so often when autonomously eating
* Fixed another value that was increasing rate of Quetz food consumption, is now fully back to original values.
* New Server Options
This will make Diseases not permanent (you will then lose them if you respawn).
This will completely disable Diseases on the server. (thus far just ‘Swamp Fever’).
* Fixed appearance of “blue fog” on the Cave-water material.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed missing Mac binaries that was causing Mac to crash.
* Fixed an issue where some mods were causing certain creatures to have 0 Food or not gain any Food from eating. Requires server update.
* Fixed Supply Crates being destroyed when there was one remaining removable item left
* Fixed too-high Quetz Food consumption rate
* Fixed Plant Species X turrets firing when previously built on prevented Dino Platforms. (they’re not supposed to unless overriden)
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed incorrect TheCenter dedicated server content. If you are hosting a dedicated server of TheCenter and people are having trouble connecting, please make sure you have this update. Thank you!
* ‘ARK’s Awesome Anniversary’ 1-week Event: Get Ready to Make some Birthday Wishes for Limited Run Items!
* New Creature: Diplodocus!
* New Creature: Leech!
* New Structure: Training Dummy. You can attack this dummy without fear of destroying it, and it will display floating Damage Per Second values so you can see how strong your Dino Army really is.
* New Mechanic: Permanent Diseases & Cures (Player-Contagious Swamp Fever!!!!)
* Tribe Groups Phase 2: Support for Limited Non-Admin Invites & Promotions/Demotions per Group! Also “Prevent Dino Unclaiming” checkbox, and other new per-Rank options.
* Dragon Arena
* Added option for PvE Servers to disable building around critical resource node regions
* Added server option to override per-Item Crafting costs
* Added server option to override the loot tables for each kind of supply crate
* Added server option to limit number of members in Tribes. Default: no limit.
* Added ‘Follow Range’ ( Low/Medium/Far) Setting Per Tamed Dino
* Multi-Seat Saddles (Galli, Diplodocus, etc) Dinos now have an option to Enable Public Seating. Dino Taxi service, ahoy!!!
* Servers can now optionally enable an “offline raiding prevention” mode which will make Dinos/Structures invincible if no owner is logged-in (indicated via the head whether the owner player/tribe is logged-in or not). Recommend that server owners utilize this with care, as it may have undesired side effects in a competitive environment. (e.g.: ?PreventOfflinePvP=true?PreventOfflinePvPInterval=60.0?PvPDinoDecay=true?PvPStructureDecay=true)
* Added Alpha Mosasaurus (contains lots of Black Pearls)
* Alpha creatures XP reduced by 45%
* Auto-Turrets can no longer be built on Quetz/Sauro/Mosa/Plesi/Paracer platforms (Plant turrets can’t be grown on them). Any existing turrets on such platforms will no longer fire. This is a server option of “?OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true”. Otherwise they’re now only allowed on Rafts and non-moving Bases.
* Plant Turrets now consume Fertilizer per shot, and also will not shoot if no water is in the crop plot.
* Approximate +100% increase to Saurupod and Paraceratherium respective Weight stats.
* Breeding Mechanics Phase 2: Interactive Baby Raising
* Optional RPG Stat Mode: Displays Floating In-World Damage Numbers for all Player-Related Damage Events.
* Fixed issue where Quetz platform could create floating structures
New server commands for v242 are here:http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/350532536100692514/
Unversioned Addition: Optionally launch dedicated servers with -EnableIdlePlayerKick to cause characters that have not moved or interacted within the KickIdlePlayersPeriod, 3600 seconds by default to be kicked.
* Added -insecure commandline parameter usage to disable server VAC
* Fixed Dino PvE Auto-Claim time multiplier to use a separate commandline value (?PvEDinoDecayPeriodMultiplier=1.0) rather than the Structure Auto-Claim time multiplier.
* Fixed ocean spawners continually overflow spawning on TheCenter
* Fixed case where you could improperly use Vault drops
* All Official PvE servers now have 0.25 structure decay time and 0.5 structure resource blocking radius multiplier
* Fixed various TheCenter structure placement, teleport, collision issues, dino difficulty curve, and dino spawns
* TheCenter clients now work properly on Mac
* Fixed general case where you could place structures within world geometry
* Generated shadow distance field data for the rest of TheCenter world geometry meshes (sorry for the large one-time update!!)
* Saved some RAM on non-ShaderModel5 platforms by discarding unneeded distance field data
* Reduced Wild Compy HP and Damage by 50%
SERVER ADMIN NOTE: v241.1 fixes an issue with v241.0 that caused Flyers to temporarily lose their Saddles and all Dinos to fall through Structures upon reloading. We strongly recommend all server admins upgrade to v241.1 as soon as possible, and consider a one-time rollback of their save data if their players were affected by use of 241.0. Accordingly for this reason, at 5:30pm Eastern on May 17, we rolled-back all the ARK Official Servers by approximately 2 hours.
* Fixed critical issue with Flyer Saddles Disappearing and Dinos Falling thru Structures/Bases on game load.
* Added The Center Official ARK Mod/Map as Free DLC
* Added new 100-player ‘The Center’ Official Servers
* Improved Non-TrueSky Sky & Lighting (+ SM4/Mac/Linux)
* Significant server PhysX & Networking optimization
* You can now pickup and toss Dodos & Dung Beetles. Rejoice!
* Fixed the huge stall/lock when you “Transfer” a bunch of items at once
* Arthropluera “Turret” AI mode option: won’t move and will only used ranged attack against targets.
* Warmap now dynamically shows the mini-map texture of whatever level you’re playing on (even with Mod maps 🙂
* Anonymous Dedicated Server package is now only 4GB! (down from like 30 GB)
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed the Teleport max Drag Weight to allow Rexes, for real.
* Fixed an issue where unconscious wild passive tames were unable to take damage on PvE.
* Fixed an issue where “meat” would not cook on certain Mods.
Requires Server Update:
* Added a 10 second grace period after being released from a Bola in which you can not be Bola’ed again. (with visual feedback of a broken bola hit)
* Giganotosaurus attack knocks down trees now
* Rexes (and anything up to 550 Drag Weight) can now be brought into Boss Arenas
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed Shader Crash that was occuring with some mods.
* Fixed performance issue with Arthropluera physics. Recommend server update for better performance!
* Reduced another 50MB of unused Render Target memory
* Reduced about 150MB more of shader memory, also improving loading speed
Requires Server Update:
* Fixed long-term server timing issue (previously, servers at greater than 2 weeks uptime would start getting whacky)
* Fixed Fish Meat taming Dinos at 2x speed, now is about the same rate as regular meat (even though it provides half as much food)
* Fished issue with Gorilla Teleporters potentially getting overlapped
* Made Boss Arenas reset immediately if there are no remaining live players within them
* Reduced megapithecus shake
* Fixed Arthropluera offset when riding on elevators
* Fixed crash with unsupported “simple dynamic lighting” render pipeline (that pipeline is fully disabled now, it didn’t appear to gain any performance)
Fixes require Server Update:
* Fish should no longer get knocked back so much when dying
* You can no longer pet dead/unconscious/baby lystros
* Arthropluera can be ridden when swimming, has reduced damage knockback
Fixes require Server Update!
* Fixed Bola damaging you on Spike Walls
* Fixed Bola FPV mesh
* Fixed fish meats not cooking in pre-240 campfires and grills
* Fixed harvesting Salmon with Sickle (yields high quantity of Prime Meat)
* Fixed Arthropluera not being able to fit thru Caves/Gates (reduced collision size)
* New Creature: Lystrosaurus!
* New Creature: Arthropluera!
* New Creature: Sabertooth Salmon, with Fish Meat!
* New Weapon: Primitive Bolas!
* Megapithecus Arena
* Added Option to Disable Melee Camera Swings (including ‘Harvesting Head Wobble’)
* Tribe Member Rankings with Customizable Per-Rank Privileges
This will come in an optional public beta update later this week!:
– Epic 4K Texture Deployment (all textures at source resolution)! Better texture pool utilization at all Texture setting levels
* Fixed time-outs while loading/downloading large (or large quantities) of mods when connecting to servers. Seemingly for good this time. Thanks for the great help to Steam Player MasterDavid of the Tribe Darconic!!
Requires Server Update!
* Fixed issue with loaded Chem Tables crafting costs being too cheap
* Fixed Quetz Armor Building Exploit
* Reduced Cannon Ball Damage by 15% generally, and 25% with respect to Metal Structures, and 40% with respect to Metal Turrets. Added a small amount of Obsidian as a crafting requirement for cannon balls.
* Fixed Dire Bear Auto-Eating Narcoberries
* Fixed issue that was causing weapons with custom ammo to lose their Ammo when moved into a Dino Inventory. Requires Server Update!
* Fixed ‘active’ sound effect on Chemistry Table
* Removed Cannon & Cannon Ball Engram from Primitive Servers. Isn’t really appropriate for gunpowderless worlds.
* New Creature: Direbear!
* New Creature: Manta!
* New Structure: Chemistry Table!
* New Structure: Primitive Cannon!
* Broodmother Boss Arenas
* Added 2 more Player and Dino Max Levels
* Fixed timeouts that people were getting connecting to servers that used lots of Mods
* Fixed issue with placeable explosive/traps collisions
* Fixed physx issue that could cause excessive server lag
* Fixed issue that was often preventing Dinos from Harvesting. Requires server update.
* Allowed “underneath foundation” build method on non-Quetz platforms/boats. Requires server update.
* Fixed an issue that was creating too many Beavers/Beaver-Dams. Requires server update.
* Increased Eurypterid spawn frequency by 60%
* Rhino can now be picked up by Quetz
* New Saddles are now craftable on Beaver-Smithy
* Official Extinction Event servers now have 2x-3x settings
* Rhino tames 40% faster
* Non-Official Extinction Event servers will now auto-restart properly
* Reduced Dunkleosteus maximum Torpor
Unversioned Hotfix (Client-side): Fixed incorrect terrain materials.
* Fixed a server startup crash from v280.0 😉 — Server admins please update to v238.1!
* New ‘Dino’: Woolly Rhino!
* New ‘Dino’: Eurypterid!
* New ‘Dino’: Dunkleosteus!
* New “Extinction” Servers which reset after each month, with an in-game countdown and dramatic meteor impact!
* Fixed Wild Beaver Dams Spawns
* Improved shader loading speed by approximately 25% (faster load times, less stalls)
* Fixed issue where you couldn’t board Flyers when nearby (but outside of) Caves.Requires Server Update.
* Fixed low EasterEgg drop rate (remember Bunny Oviraptors are best!)
* Fixed Caves not unloading under some circumstances when leaving them (was wasting client performance and also causing some wrong visuals)
* Fixed day lighting affecting new Cave interiors
* Fixed stored Easter Eggs disappearing after server restarts
* Tripled Easter Egg drop rate
* Prevented building in front of new caves on PvE
* Made Flyers able to go into caves by default on custom maps, and also you can force Flyer into caves via server commandline “-ForceAllowCaveFlyers”
* Fixed spectator crash
* Improved new cave lighting
* Fixed new cave entrance holes on Mac/Linux
* Summoned DodoRex is now autotamed and doesn’t run forward forever
LIMITED EVENT: ARK: Eggcellent Adventure, March 25 – March 31
* Snow and Swamp caves
* Increased Server Performance
* Majorly Reduced Client CPU utilization where many Dinos are active, significant gains for most players
* You can no longer be mounted on Flyers within ARK Caves
* Increased shadow rendering performance about 15-20%
* Added Thai tanslation (launch commandline: -culture=th), and updated to latest community translations. Thank you ARK community translators, you’re the best!!
* Improved server and client perf by using intrinsics. Requires server update.
* Fixed Fleeing behavior that would cause creatures to head towards the origin (50,50).Requires server update.
* Handcuffed players can now punch (without causing damage). This allows them to drain stamina even if encumbered, hastening death by malnutrition. Requires server update.
* Loading Screen Tooltips can now be localized! You’ll find the values in the updated ARK Localization Manifest!
* Updated BattlEye launcher with “Uninstall BattlEye” option, accessible from Steam Launch options
* Fixed Chat to work in certain localized languages (Chinese etc).
* Made the Localized language correspond to the Language Setting for ARK in your Steam Client, with the following supported languages (Thank you so much, volunteer ARK translators, you’re the best!!!!).
Note: if you want to use a non-English language now, you must set it in the “Languages” tab of the Game Properties within your Steam Client, as the game does NOT automatically select your Steam Client language if it is already installed. You will only have to do this manually once, and it is automatically chosen for new ARK installations.
Simplified Chinese: zh
Traditional Chinese: zh-TW
Thai (NEW!): th
Japanese (WIP): ja
Polish (NEW!): pl
Danish (NEW!): da
Dutch (NEW!): nl
Swedish (NEW!): sv
Hungarian (NEW!): hu
Czech (NEW!): cs
Turkish (NEW!): tr
Brazilian Portugese: pt_BR
You can also directly override the language by using the following startup commandline (for dedicated servers, etc, where ‘en’ is one of the language codes listed above):
* Updated the ShooterGame.manifest with the latest exported strings for the new game content (Beaver stuff, etc)
* Improved rendering performance by about 5%, and reduced stream hitching
* Added further support for fast International server pipeline
* Improved the server BattlEye implementation to support auto-updating the BattlEye libraries.
* Fixed a server crash.
Unversioned Hotfix: Updated Localization Tool to properly handle newlines and end-spaces. Fixed for reals now!
* Fixed issue with certain Total Conversions crashing.
* New Dino: Giant Beaver, Castoroides
* New Equipment: Handcuffs
* Server Performance Phase 2
* Improved Client streaming performance, less hitches
* Updated various translations!
Unversioned Hotfix (Server-side): Fixed Meganeura, Ants, Compies flickering in-and-out. Requires server update!
Unversioned Hotfix: ~10% rendering performance improvement! And now crash fixed too 😉
Unversioned Hotfix: ARK added Simplified Chinese Translation! Thank you www.playarkcn.com !!!
* Ended ♥ARK Valentine’s Day Event♥
* Added hooks for International “fast-pipe” official servers (VPX)
Unversioned Hotfix: Updated Translations for Russian, German, French, Italian, Spanish, and added Brazilian Portugese! Thank you to all ARK translators, keep it up — you rock! Please remember to fill in your Credits label at the top of the localization file 🙂
* Added ♥ ARK Valentine’s Day Event ♥, which will run until 5pm EST Monday. Get new “Box o’ Chocolates” Item randomly dropped by mating tamed Dinos, eating it will insta restore full HP, or knock 40% off a Dino’s Tame Bar (Remote Use). Also during the Event, 2x Mating/Mateboost Range, 3x Mating Speed/Mating Recovery, 3x Baby/Egg Maturation Speed, 1/3rd Baby Food Consumption!
Custom servers can activate the event with “-vday” commandline!
* Fixed “Unassigned” key bindings on localized languages
* Fixed Localization Font uasset overrides that were not working
* Improved Ground Clutter Draw Distance and performance
* Added Main Menu “credits” label for Localizations
* BattlEye Clients: Mac and Linux!
* Fixed a Gallimimus passenger unboarding issue.
* Fixed some servers displaying as BattlEye that weren’t actually.
* French Translation v1! (Translated by Shadow, from arkfrancegaming.com , Myami and Abara)
* Fixed rain vfx not appearing on clients (Requires Server Update)
* Fixed rare localization issue that caused a server hang
* BattlEye protected servers are now indicated with an icon on the server list
* Made text labels ‘overrun’ rather than clip, better for displaying longer strings in translated languages.
* Updated master localization archive to have more strings! (multi line texts etc)
Unversion Hotfix: Added community Spanish translation Translation by Neizan, IsCariote Youtuber and his team! Also updated the “Localization Manager” to have a “Update Archives from Manifest” button which allows you to update the latest localization strings from “English” into your selected language archives!.
* BattlEye Anti-Cheat System!
BattlEye Notes: The new executable to properly play on Official Servers is ShooterGame\Binaries\ShooterGame_BE.exe, which we’ve updated the Steam Launch options to include (if you launch ShooterGame.exe directly, you will be redirected to ShooterGame_BE.exe if you connect to any Official Server running BattlEye). If you wish to run your Unofficial Server with BattlEye, you can do so with -BattlEye (however, only functions with Windows servers currently). Note that BattlEye is currently not ready for Mac or Linus, so we have temporarily disabled the capability of Mac/Linux clients to connect to BattlEye servers. We hope to have this resolved within the coming few days. Thank you for your patience!
* Added community German Translation, courtesy of Thomas Kowalzik – Owner of Arkforum.de! Thank you Thomas 🙂
Launch game with command argument:
(or use new Steam launch menu option)
* Fixed infinite-jumping players issue. Requires server restart.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed a startup crash with localization.
* New Dino: Terror Bird
* New Weapon: Grappling Hook! (scale cliffs, grapple other players or small creatures to you and drag them around, this one is a game-changer 🙂
* Tribe Alliances (PvE and PvP). They are done! Yipeeeeeee!
* All current Items added to the Master Items ID array
* Fully Localizable Game Text (now you can crowd-source translation and dynamic fonts for any language without Modding/TC’s! please help us translate 🙂 )
* Coel are now different sizes (and give different amount of resources depending on the size… rare chance of super-large catch!)
* Allowed ‘stuck’ players to jump out of being stuck! 🙂
* Greenhouse structures Engram requirements are Stone structures now, enabling them to be learned on Primitive Servers
* Improved server performance with multi-threaded replication
* Fixed some Structures not appearing on clients after teleporting to new area
* Fixed networking issue with Linux Servers (sadly required Major Version change)
* Re-added the Beer Barrell and Industrial Cooking Pot Structures. Requires server and client update! Any servers that were launched with v233.0 will need to have these structures rebuilt!
* New Dino: Gallimimus with 3-Seater Passenger Saddle
* New Weapon: Electric Prod stunner weapon
* New Armor: SWAT-style Assault Armor tier
* New Structures: Greenhouse/Glass tileset with plant-growing benefits
* Initial Deep-Sea Loot Crates
* Improved savegame save-and-load times
* Added new special nametags and custom hat skins for: Wildcard Admin Team, Wildcard Non-Admin Team, Authorized External Testers, and Dev Kit Masters. Get yours by joining the crew!
Note: Metal Armor is now crafted at the Workbench, not the Fabricator. It will also be made available on Primitive Servers shortly.
* Fixed issue with invisible Dinos/Structures (caused by recent server optimizations), typically on <= 2 core machines. Also fixed a server startup crash. Server-side update required for affected servers.
* Fixed players stuck under map not being teleported back above the map
* Fixed spoiler timer for berries in beer-barrel not being increased
* Fixed beer brewing time to be 6 hours (was 12 hours, meant to be 6)
* Fixed beer barrel placement size
* Fixed Plant Species X Turrets on Rafts targeting through walls.
* Fixed case where Dung Beetle resource production could erroneously stop
* Fixed Beer disappearing in Barrels after server restart
* Increased Server performance ~20%
* Fixed dedicated server memory leak
* Dimetrodons (and Kairuku) now insulate Eggs!
* Enabled Animation & Garbage Collection Multi-threading on Dedicated Servers for significantly increased dedi server performance
* Fixed Dimetrodon Eggs creating Sarcos 😉
* Made Berries have a much longer spoiling time in Beer Barrels
* Made Beer Barrels not lose their stored items on server restart
* Set Beer Crafting time to its intended speed: 6 hours!
* Fixed Dimetrodons drowning in shallow swamp water
* Beer Barrel no longer requires Beer Barrel to learn 😉
* New Dino: Dung Beetle!
* New Dino: Dimetrodon!
* Beer Barrels. Beer. Hangovers.
* Garbage Collector performance improvements (less stalls)
* Fix for disappearing Quetz’
* Fixed a memory leak
* Fix for remaining issue involving falling off your Dinosaurs! (/ passing thru dinosaurs)
* Battle Tartar & Enduro Stew can no longer be stacked (one cancels the other). Battle Tartar damage buff reduced to +60%, Enduro Stew damage buff reduced to +35%.
* Large Storage Box HP increased to 2400 and number of item slots to 45. Smithy HP decreased to 1500.
* Fixed issue with slow-loading/stalling Total Conversions
* Fixed issue where you could fall thru Quetz/Dinos when unboarding them (requires server update)
* Fixed rare case where water Dino would appear on a client to fly off into the air when unboarding it
* Fixed a few Dev Kit related things for these examples:
* Fixed issue where you could accidentally get unboarded from Procop Pouch on terrain slopes
* Fixed issue where you could unboard through house-boat/dino-platform walls
* Made Cages give no damage to punching prisoners
* Made “Accept Tribe Invitation” require holding the Action Wheel option, rather than Activation Quick-Press (was too easy to trick enemies into accidentally joining your Tribe).
* +25% Bronto base HP and +20% on its platform-saddle Armor Rating
* Base HP of Ptero and Arg +20% each
* Ptero attack damage +25% and its barrel roll damage by 40%
* Carno Head Butt Damage +25%
* Harvesting a Giganotosaurus now gives mostly prime meat (and killing it gives much more XP)
* New server option to prevent spawning of Loot crates (artifact creates will still spawn):
* Fixed issues with boarding Procoptodon Pouch through walls, or being pushed through walls while on it (or any passenger seat).
* Fixed a bug that was preventing increases in the Tamed Dino Damage multiplier from actually taking effect after server restarts (unless you applied a level-up). This effectively gives existing tamed Dinos a significant (+25%) damage amount increase per level.
* More Tamed Dino balancing adjustments:
+35% Dino Harvesting Rate
2.2x Turret Damage vs Dinos (originally was 3x prior to dino rebalance)
1.5x Non-Bullet Projectile Damage vs Flyers
-30% HP decrease to Tamed Flyers/Quetz
-20k Tamed base HP on Giganotosaurus
+25% Direwolf Tamed HP
* Turret Damage vs Dinos (Bullet and Projectile Turrets) can be customized on your server with:
* Further Dino Balance Adjustments:
+67% Tamed Melee Health Per Level Increase
+33% Tamed Melee Damage Per Level Increase
+20% Affinity Boost Increase Health/Damage Tamed Dinos
+33% HP increase to Tamed Flyers/Quetz
+Remove Flyer Projectile Damage Multiplier
-60% Turrets Damage vs Dinos
* Fixed the Tamed Dino INI Health/Damage scaling overrides to actually work 😉
* Fixed various potential server loading crashes
* Wild Giganotosaurus now has 50% less HP and 20% less damage (should not affect Tamed Giganotosaurus)
* 50% less explosive damage to dinos, 20% less player melee damage
* Dinos harvest at 3x their previous damage-rate (i.e. similar to pre-tamed-dino-rebalance). This can be customized on your server with:
* Improved Server Performance
* Ended Winter Wonderland Event! (earned santa hats, top hats, candy canes, and reindeer costumes stay of course)
* You can no longer build behemoth gates/gate-frames on dino platforms, and any such behemoth gates already built on platforms are destroyed
* Fixed PvP Friendly Fire causing fall/self damage not to occur
* Tamed Dino Balance Adjustment
* INI Options for server admins to scale tamed dino stats:
Values we currently have defaulted, in content which server admins can override in their INI’s (setting all the values to 1 will have it behave ‘like it used to be’!):
;Multiplier immediately added for tamed dino
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add = 0.15
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add = 0.15
;Multiplier applied if perfect affinity
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity = 0.375
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity = 0.375
;Multiplier applied for each TAMED level-up point
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed = 0.15
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed = 0.15
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed issue with water-postprocessing in caves.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed client-side ‘cubemap’ crash.
* Fixed Procoptodon Speed Stat for real (requires server update)
* Fixed underwater ambience sound
* Fixed a case where Canteens could become ‘broken’ by Water Taps (requires server update)
* Fixed a server startup crash related to uninstalling mods
* Fixed Hat/Accessory Sockets on Procoptodon
* Fixed Server executable to not load old ‘seekfree’ content (server-side update). Fixes servers not seeing new dinos/Procoptodon saddle, etc.
* Fixed Procoptodon pouch dismounting thru walls
* Fixed some DC & Dino Spawn issues, Ended New Year Event
* Cut down on some inefficient media to improve memory usage
* Fixed ARK New Year Event particles
* Fixed ARK New Year Event being visible on Mac/Linux
* Fixed application of Speed Stat on Procoptodon (requires server update to v229.1)
* ARK: Happy First (Half) Year! Event (be logged into your Official server at Midnight Eastern time as the ball fully drops to get your rewards!). Server admins can initiate a 12 hour countdown with “cheat ce doball”
* New Creature: Procoptodon!
* Warmed Up Winter Wonderland by 25%
* Added 15 more slots to Smithy Inventory
* Fixed Map Extensions (Mods like Pandora Isles that extend the ARK Island) on Linux Servers
* Added more hooks for ‘Naughty or Nice’ Total Conversion
* Server executable update to fix loading of ‘map extensions’ (such as Pandora Isles http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=584076324) when using the ARK Server Manager Tool. (i.e. fixes collisions on the Pandora Isles)
* Fixed (protected) crash that could potentially occur related to Reflection Capture Components
* Added hooks for SotF “Naughty or Nice” 100v100 game mode
* INI Option for PvP Friendly Fire Disabling:
* Fixed issue where dinos could ‘flee’ for much longer than intended
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed singleplayer issue where dinos would keep moving after dismounting them.
* Increased Mistletoe drop rate 2x
* DodoRex takes 166 coal to summon
* PvE no longer get affected by enemy poison grenades
* Non-Winter creature spawns are fixed (Trikes, Pteros, etc)
* Non-Primitive Item Drops removed from Primitive servers (retroactive, any ‘hidden’ engram will be destroyed and not dropped anymore)
* Wild Dino AI will now flee if stuck, can’t reach target, or low on torpor
* Fixed sluggish movement that could occur when on the back of Platform Saddles
* INI Options for server admins to scale tamed dino stats (for experimentation of balance).
Example values that we’re currently considering:
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add = 0.2f;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity = 0.4f;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed = 0.4f;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add = 0.2f;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity = 0.4f;
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed = 0.4f;
* Fixed crash that servers could get with some mod uninstallations
* Made server fail to start if LandscapeSublevel is missing (e.g. due to a failed content update), as that could cause all creatures to fall through the world.
* ARK: Winter Wonderland Event begins!
* Massively improved game loading speed, & streaming times (reduced hitches), by using “seek free” packages (Note: this has added approximately 10GB to the game installation size)
* Rendering, & streaming, & CPU optimizations from console work
* Capability for mods to overwrite or add-to the ARK Island maps, which enables much more dynamic map mods (stackable too!)
Unversioned Hotfix: Client-side fixed an issue with crops appearing ‘super tall’.
Unversioned Hotfix: Server-side fixed Electric Prod blueprint being dropped by Winter Wonderland presents. Is not intended to be released yet 😉
* Fixed another Tribe issue with leaves/joins getting screwy, due to async file write order. Seems to be be the last of Tribe issues.
* Made Admin-only Cages only pickupable if you are Tribe Admin
* Made newly-placed Industrial Cookers that are located ‘on the ground’ not become destroyed if their attached pipes are destroyed.
* New Structure: Fireplace
* New Structure: Primitive Cage
* Industrial Forge can now quickly convert Wood into Charcoal
* Industrial Cooker now uses irrigation for its water craftings, so you can attach it to an endless water supply
* Catwalks can no longer attach to sloped roofs
* Fixed floating/infinite item bags after structures were autodestroyed
* Fixed Plant Species X / Turrets attacking creatures you’re taming, or through Behemoth Gates
* Players who get stuck in foliage are no longer killed when the foliage is chopped down
* Fixed case where players could get-to and traverse under the world
* Fixed issue with Tribelogs getting reset
* Added new Server Admin Commands:
Will destroy all instances of those things on the ARK, based on the Tribe owner (or player owner) of the thing that you are currently looking at.
* Fixed long-standing Tribe Merge / Player Removal issues (i.e. someone ends up in the wrong Tribe or can’t be removed from a Tribe). If it seems good, a big bounty is due to our most esteemed Survivor 🙂
* Fix for issue where players randomly could not connect to servers they had previously been playing on (until such servers were rebooted).
* Fixed issue where ‘activated’ Structure state (campfires etc) could become desync’ed on Clients. Also heavily optimized how Remote Procedure Calls are networked to increase server performance. (v226.5 fixed issue where Structure spawn VFX weren’t playing, requires server update)
* Optimized the physics & networking of dropped items for better server performance
* Fixed WaterTaps not refilling containers (requires server update)
* Fixed Dino Poops not appearing…. Dino Laxative! (requires server update)
* Fixed Dropped Items not appearing some times on Linux dedi server, woot! (requires server update)
* Fixed Dino Poop to smoothly fall from Dinos on clients, rather than ‘teleporting’ to the ground.
* Fixed client crash associated with clicking on Chieftain Hat Blueprint in Smithy
* Fixed client-side streaming crash that people were getting (disable threaded GC) — darn threaded GC had rare issue, will further investigate.
* Server: Removed Chieftain Hat Blueprint from Smithy (requires server update)
* New Armor Set: Ghillie Suit (Camo, Reduces Enemy Dino Visibility Range by 50% more, and Heat-Resistant)
* New Creature: Oviraptor! Gotta get those eggs! (Needed more polishing time)
* New Structure: Industrial Oven for holiday cooking en masse
* New Strucure: Modern Bed
* New Structure: Table Furniture (upon which you can place floor structures)
* Industrial Forges can now craft up to 20 items of a type at once, however they can not be placed on Dino Platforms anymore.
* Garbage Collector improvement to reduce game stalls/hitches (GC no longer forces an async flush which would result in a stall if any streaming operation was occuring).
* Mods are now only installed/extracted while at the main menu, to avoid lowering in-game performance
* Fixed a protential case where players could be disconnected due to exploding Rocket Launcher projectiles
* Chief Hat & Turkey Mask now appear properly on Dinos
* Doubled Rocket Damage Globally, and also against Dinos by an extra 100%
* Exposed Custom Recipe Cooking Quality and Skill Scalars for Server Configuration. Increased Default Cooking Quality and Skill Scaling by a further 20% each.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed a crash associated with updating Total Conversions on startup.
* Proning and Crouching now reduce Enemy Dino Visibility Range by 40% and and 20% respectively (stacks with Ghillie Suit… stealth kill time 😉
* Changed anti-stuck logic to not affect players, only Dinos. Was causing super-velocity and killing some players during re-connection.
* Fixed crash that could occur in some cases with Boa’s/Sarco’s (swamps) multi-threaded animation updates (client-side)
* Fixed Gravity not working in some cases — yes, Isaac Newton is ashamed 😛
* Fixed an old case of getting stuck on trees and such when jumping — now you should automatically get hopped out of the stuck position, if this occurs.
* Fixed Turkeys erroneously “ally” aggro’ing tamed dinos (including other players tamed dinos in pve, etc)
* Increased 4x Turkey spawn rate
* Dodorex dossier now given when claiming dodorex
* Fixed “death by tree” if you knock down a tree you got stuck on (will deal with the sticking itself soon)
* Fixed poops not appearing at low server fps
* Fixed dinos moving sometimes when you dismount them on a saddle-platform
Unversioned Hotfix: Clients enabled multi-threaded animations for CPU savings.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed a way that server or singleplayer game loading could crash if someone had placed Structures on a Dino from a mod that was uninstalled.
– New Structure: Industrial Forge
– ARK: Turkey Trial (Limited Time Event)
– ~15% client-side CPU optimization: Added New Option Menu checkbox “Use Simple Distance Movement” , set it for less quality movement on distant creatures but significant CPU savings.
* Fixed issue with Paraceratherium’s legs colliding with his own platform structures
* Fixed issue with Parasaurus not being attacked by wild dinos (requires server update)
* “Tribe-Owned/Admin-Demolish” Governance Setting no longer allows Non-Admins to Replace Tribe Structures (as that is akin to Demolishing)
* You can no longer place wall-structures on doors
* You can now place wall-items (torches etc) on pillars
* Fixed offset of Compy egg spawns
* Fixed lockup when reloading savegame while crafting recipes (we recommend servers update to 224.2!)
* Recipes: Fixed some ingredient scale values, and made all ingredients 5x as effective globally, and made Crafting Speed skill 2x more effective for recipe quality (yeah, Crafting Speed skill directly effects Recipe stats!). Will expose recipe ingredient effect scale and recipe crafting skill scale as Server configurable values in next Major version (requires networking change). Made Crafting Skill visible on the Recipe’s Tooltip for comparison (this is Crafting Skill at the time of recipe creation 😉.
Unversioned Hotfixes: Fixed Compy attack damage in singleplayer. Fixed formatting of some Server Logs (killed messages etc). Fixed Tribe Log Promotions/Demotions (requires server update.)
* Fixed issue with Doedicurus always being defensively curled up. (Requires Server update)
* New Creature: Compsognathus! Time to form your own Compy gang 🙂
* New Structures: Rocket Turret, Sea Mine, Wall Lamps!
* New ‘Weapon’: Magnifying Glass!
* Tribe Admin Logs (which can also act as effective “offline event” logs even for solo players!!!!). Server can set “MaxTribeLogs” in Server Game Mode INI, which determines how many Tribe log entries are kept per Tribe (default 100, set it to 0 to disable the system).
* Custom RP-oriented Recipe/Cooking System (including Skill-Based results) — finally, you can now create your own unique recipes for S### Burgers)! Servers can optionally disable this feature in their GameMode INI via “bAllowCustomRecipes=false”
* +3 Max Survivor Level, +3 Max Dino Level
* Raised Official Server Max Structure & Max Tamed Dino Limits by 20%
* Owned or Claimable Rafts can now be “Demolished”, and destroyed Rafts now sink to the ocean floor
* Server Admin Logs (including RCON support) , launch with “-servergamelog” and use RCON command “getgamelog” to print 100 entries at a time also outputs to dated file in in “\Logs”, adjust max length of RCON buffer with commandline:
* bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos Server GameMode INI option to allow spike walls to damage wild/riderless Dinos
* Fixed underwater ice cave that was deleting Dinos
* Fixed Dino walking-backwards movement animations
* Improved and optimized IK on most Dinos
* Improved Dino navigation logic to better dynamically navigate around other Dinos
* Fixed several rare client crashes
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed another way the server could crash on data load if mod items were removed.
* Protected against a crash involving improperly setup zone spawns affecting some Mod maps such as ‘Shigo Islands’
* Fixed a crash that could occur when initializing inventories if previously active item Mods have been disabled/removed
Unversioned Client Hotfixes: Fixed particle fx not appearing on junction boxes after reloading save games in singleplayer. Fixed issue with spawn points not aligning to minimap on custom levels that had altered minimscap scales.
* Organic Polymer now spoils after 30 minutes, can only be stacked to 10, and clamped “overdamage” on the harvesting of Organic Polymer. It now also kills humans if they eat it, a primitive form of cyanide pill (don’t worry, an actual concealed pill item will be forthcoming 😉
* Fixed Bear Traps not immobilizing characters
* Fixed PvE Item Containers not locking after server reload (this fix is retroactive)
* Fixed too-high rate of knocked-out torpor recovery on Angler
* Fixed possibility of Alpha Creature “glows” not appearing
* Optimized Server logic related to PvE Tribe Wars
* Reduced Organic Polymer yield from Kairu Clubbing by 40%
* Increased Minigun Turret Damage by 90%
Unversioned Hotfix: Disabled LODBias console command for Skeletal Meshes. Is not supported and causes rendering problems.
* New Creatures: Kairuku & Angler Fish!
* New Structures, Catapult, Minigun Turret
* Creature “Fur” pass
* Tiered Server Admin, Wildcard Admin, & Tribe Admin Nametag Icons
* PvE “Tribe Warfare” option (capability for Tribes to officially declare war on each other for mutually-agreed-upon period of time). This is enabled by default. To disable it, add:
If you want Tribes to be able to cancel an agreed-upon war before it has actually started (default not allowed), then you can also add into that INI:
* Fixed issue with player harvesting at low-ish server FPS (please update unofficial servers accordingly)
* Fixed issue with foliage potentially respawning over structures/dinos and destroying them (it appears)
* A Giganotosaurus entering ‘Rage’ via damage also instantly enrages any nearby allied Giganotosaurus’
* Fixed bug that was making Giganotosaurus’ invincible during their ‘Rage’ mode
* Reduced 400MB of Texture Memory, woot
* Ended some remaining ‘Fear Evolved’ bits (Obelisk Colors, Bone Alpha Dinos — all of your costumes/hats already earned are kept, of course!)
* Fixed IK issue with dinosuar’s legs getting “stuck” underneath floors
* Fixed a case where Dinos could deal damage faster than normal
* Sword and Shield Durabilities increased by 60%
* More Streaming Performance / Framerate Improvements
* Fixed Lock-All PvE Tribute Terminals being Locked 😉
* Giganotosaurus Rage Mode will no longer target other Giganotosaurus’ on the same team
* Fixed rare server-side crash associated with level streaming
* Steam ‘Big Picture’ now Defaults to FullscreenWindowed Mode
* Steam Controller ‘Big Picture’ Text Input Entry
Unversioned Hotfix: Holding [E] from accessing the Activation Wheel to open Inventory Menu will no longer cause the Inventory Menu to instantly close.
* Fixed inability for flyers to drop carried ‘mounted’ dinosaurs if they became dismounted while carried
* Fixed case where giganotosaurus could still stand on rafts/platform structures
* On servers with “ForceAllStructureLocking” (PvE etc), such structures are now locked by default
* Fixed a potential client crash with the new optimized occlusion system
* Fixed a number of issues with networking pre-placed characters and structures i.e. pertinent to ARK: Pirate World
* Total Conversion Dedicated Servers launched via the in-game menu will now correctly launch with their Total Conversion ID
* Option for Total Conversions to only list specific level filenames in the play game menu, not all levels. Since potentially a TC will include its own maps, or may not work with generic custom maps.
* Option for Total Conversion to only list specific Mod ID’s, since often most Mods will not work properly with a TC.
* Option for Total Conversions to default to “unofficial” server list rather than Official Server list (defaults to TRUE, since only SotF is a TC that uses Official Servers currently)
* Giganotosaurus Tamed Damage & HP reduced by 40% (in v223.0 we will rebalance this further to scale more by level)
* Giganotosaurus can no longer stand on rafts or flyer platforms
* Giganotosaurus Rage reduction-over-time reduced by 40% (in effect making it easier to Rage)
* Giganotosaurus Tamed (non-Baby) Food Consumption rate increased by 6x
* Made Baby Giganotosaurus’ cuter
* In PvP, “Enemy Structure Demolish/Claim Time” is no longer displayed on the HUD until you are able to actually claim (as it allowed identification of enemy Tribe offline-time)
* Halloween Structures (Placeable Jack-o-Lanterns, Scarecrows, etc) removed from Inventories unless ?AllowDeprecatedStructures=true commandline is used)
* On Primitive Servers, Giganotosaurus Damage reduced by 60% more and HP reduced by 30% more
* Fixed a potential server startup crash case and a potential issue involving Dinosaur data networking
Unversioned Hotfix Removed “Shockprod” item from media, isn’t ready yet 😉
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed erroneous Inventory keypress closures. Fixed crash some people were getting with an old TheIsland_Seasonal sublevel hanging around.
* Approx 15-20% gpu perf gain in heavily foliaged areas in most cases. (Latest NVIDIA driver is recommended!)
* TPV Shield size no longer scales with hand size
* Fixed a potential case where you couldn’t “Hide Sail” on Rafts
* Servers that update to this will no longer have Halloween Structures, as intended. Servers that want to keep the Halloween Structures around for a while are welcome to do with by using the ?AllowDeprecatedStructures=true commandline (note you need to use this before relaunching your server with this update otherwise the structures will be destroyed).
* Fixed issue with disappearing projectiles on very, very large maps (I’m lookin’ at you “ARK Pirate World” Total Conversion!)
* Improved Giganotosaurus swim speed (doubled) and made it properly swim up to waterline to avoid drowning
* Added Server Config value for BabyFoodConsumptionRate:
You can set it lower along with a low ‘BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier’ if you want your sever’s dino babies to be more like…. real babies? 😉
* Fixed missing engrams on players (requires server update)
* Fixed character off-hand equipment slot not being visible on Inventory Menu when viewing storage boxes, etc
* Fixed missing engrams on structures
* Fixed missing DodoRex mask (if anyone lost it on an Unofficial server running v222.0, have an admin give you one with: giveitemnum 437)
* Fixed a startup crash that could occur if using AutoDestroyOldStructuresMultiplier
* New Dino: Giganotosaurus!
* New Items: Metal Sword, Wood Shield, Metal Shield, Riot Shield
* ‘Soap’ Item to remove Structure/Item dyes. (Craft at Cooking Pot: Water, 3 Polymer, 2 Oil )
* Crop Plots can now be placed on platform saddles, including Plant Species X
* You can now Mount your DodoRex Mask on the Trophy Wall-Mount to show off your elite badassery
* Key Lighting Memory & cpu performance optimizations.
* In a Tribe, players can no longer “pick up” structures that they do not have Demolish rights for
* Fixed a bug with ‘Personally-Owned, Admin-Only Demolish’ Structure Tribe Governance setting where non-Admins could Demolish Structures that were built before the settings were applied
* Stone Behemoth Gate Crafting moved to Smithy and crafting cost reduced
* Added a Server Option for cooldown period on structure repair from the last time damaged. Set to 180 seconds by default. INI ShooterGameMode StructureDamageRepairCooldown=0 to disable it.
* Server Option to allow Locking All Item Containers and enabled it on our PvE servers. commandline ?ForceAllStructureLocking=true to enable it
* Server Option to allow Auto-Destroying Structures after sufficient “no nearby Tribe” time has passed (defined as a multiplier of the Allow Claim period). Useful for servers to clear off abandoned structures automatically over time if they wish. commandline ?AutoDestroyOldStructuresMultiplier=1.0 to enable it
* You can now press [F] or [E] to close Inventory, more convenient sometimes then Escape when rapidly doing Inventory work.
* Substantially reduced level-streaming memory overhead, and massively improved garbage collection efficiency (70% reduction in garbage collection time), improving framerate and reducing stalls.
* Saved about 600 MB of video memory in some circumstances
* Reduced level streaming stalls! (PhysX thread lock)
* Fixed issue where player could become un-topor-able
* Improved DodoRex AI
* Fixed a case where DodoRex and Zomdodos could become despawned
* Fixed a case where player could become no-clipped
* Double-Tap-Use to throw Mounted Creature (Monkey/Dimo), for real!
* Fixed Trophy Wall-Mount Engram not being Craftable (requires server update)
* Fixed crafting reqs of Stone Gates to be more reasonable (requires server update)
* ARK: Fear Evolved (event)
** Re-Themed ARK, with shorter days / longer nights, colder temperature, scary creatures above-ground
** DodoRex & ZombieDodo Army, DodoRex Mask Skin & Achievement
** Placeable “Carveable” Jackolanterns, Gravestones, & Scarecrows
** Bone Dino Costumes
** Tameable Bat & Spider, Ride-able Spider
** Witch Hat Skin for Survivors & Dinos
** Rare Jack-o-Lantern Items from Supply Drops that give Free ARK Game codes to share with your friends (Official Servers Only 🙂 )
** More 🙂
* New Items: Apex-Kill Trophy Wall-Mounts, Artifact Pedestals
* Instrument (War Drum) playing is now locally-timed, so there isn’t a latency when you’re hitting the beats online
* Double-Tap ‘Use’ key to throw shoulder-mounted Dino
* Fixed issue where Dinos could spawn or get stuck outside the map boundaries
* You can no “Replace” structures even when at the Max Structure Limit for an area
* Added “Take All From Folder” button to remote inventories. Soon will add whole-Folder Drag & Drop.
* Mammal Gestation Progress now saves for real!
* Garbage Collection Performance & Texture Streaming Optimizations
* Improved performance painting the WarMap
* Max Height Players can now use War Drums, and increased War Drum volume
* Mammal Gestation Progress now saves
* Fixed newborn Direwolf HP and Food
* Fixed Megaloceros & Mammoth gestation times
* C4 can now be placed on areas that already have max structures (server-side update)
* Fixed some map areas that were deleting water dinos
* Flying dinos can no longer get stuck outside world bounds
* Shoulder-mounted Dinos are not allowed to Mate anymore
* Reduced Baby Food Consumption rate by ~50% — thanks for bearing with us to refine it 🙂
* Fixed Scorpion dismounting position to avoid getting stuck on the Scorpion
* Fixed issue with being teleported to center-of-the-map sometimes when ‘unsitting’
* Railings can now snap onto each other to make taller railings or cages, and you can now shoot thru their holes
* Test for fixing PvE Dino Spawns
* Fix for colorizing structures such as Storage Boxes
* Fixed a case where standing on opening ceiling doors could cause your movement to become… whacky…
* You can now press “T” when hovering over any item in the Inventory Menu to transfer that item to/from remote inventory. Also you can then hold Shift to transfer half a sack, or Ctrl to transfer a single item in a stack.
* You can drag a Dyed Paintbrush onto your Character preview in Inventory to Paint yourself
* Changed Mating Intervals to from 18h-48h range rather than 1h-3h range (later will refine per creature)
* Restored Baby (Newborn) Food Consumption to original +250% value
* Mammal Pregnancy & Flyer creature Breeding
* Babies now have 10% chance of twins, 2% chance of triplets! (may vary this by creature later). All twins/triplets are genetically identical, not fraternal.
* New Structure: Mountable War Drums, use the 0-4 hotkeys for different drum strokes (the first of various instruments! — first Survivors to send us a cool Drum group symphony youtube video will get some kudos! 😉
* New Structure: Paintable Wall-Mounted “War Map”
* New Structures: ‘Railings’ Structure set
* Fixed hop-onto-raft Raft networking issue
* Fixed issue with server Dino depopulation (tamed Dinos and lonely structures counting against zone respawns, mostly on PvE. should also help Quetz spawns, etc.)
* Fixed SotF reconnection bug
* Iimproved “invisible structures around you” issue by prioritizing the networking of nearby structures higher than far-away structures
* Carnotaurus are now breedable
* Fixed issue where new fertilized Eggs dropped onto the ground would not be interactable on clients
* You can now pickup Sabers with Argentavis
* Foliage fillrate performance optimization
* Fixed teleporting issue with unboarding ballistas.
* Improved Spectator view attaching to Dinosaurs.
* Hooks for ‘Survival of the Fittest’ features
* Fixed teleporting issue with climbing ladders. Recommend that servers update if they are running prior versions!
* Fixed issue rotating placing structures with Gamepad.
* Fixed camera transition when exiting ballista
* Fixed collision check issue when unsitting from a bench/chair
* Made unsitting from a bench/chair look much smoother, with camera transition and no falling
* Fixed collision issue climbing onto Rafts from water
* Fixed collision issue exiting climbing up-and-over ladders where sometimes you could fall back down
* Raised Official Server Tame caps
* Fixed a bug where Babies were consuming Food from their Inventory much faster than they should have been. (They were considering their max maturation Food-limit for purposes of “being full”, rather than their “age-scaled” food-limit. This was causing them to always be “hungry” and want to consume food every “tick”, rather than gradually over a far longer period of time. Thank you sharp-eyed Redditors for identifying this, and our apologies for the bug!!)
* Also reduced generally Baby Food consume rate scaling by 40%, and increased maturation speed by 30%
* Changed mating range to use the visual mesh bounds rather than the ‘capsule’ bounds, resulting in more effective mating range for larger dinos
* Fixed issue with Knocked-Out state after fast travel (thank you Steam user “Itsr2ghgaming”!!!)
* Unconscious or ridden or encumbered dinos can no longer mate
* Baby Dino Food consumption rate decreased by 60% and Baby maturation speed doubled (thus an effective 80% overall Food reduction to mature)
* “Baby” phase specifically (<10% matured) will no longer consume food from Feeding Troughs, only their own Inventories
* Fertilized Eggs will no longer fall thru floors when re-entering an area etc
* Fixed issue with camera getting stuck in 3rd person when your chair/bench is destroyed while sitting on it
* Fixed a case where Babies could lay Eggs
* Fixed frozen/glitched dino animations in various Mods/TC’s
* Fixed server physx performance bug. Major server CPU gains, recommend immediate install on all servers.
Unversioned Hotfix (Server & Client): Fixed floating swamp water area.
Unversioned Hotfix (Client): Fixed UI crash when looking at a Raft.
* Fixed durability per shot on Tranq rifle
* Non-Platform (regular) Quetz Saddle
* Sit on chairs & benches
* Mosasaurus: Terror of the Deep!
* Creature Breeding & Babies First Pass! Yes, they grow dynamically in real-time!
* Characters no longer bunny-hop when swimming up from the water surface
* Engrams now longer count against maximum inventory item limit
* Shotgun damage increased by 40% for Primitive Shotgun, 30% for Machined Shotgun
* Dinos can no longer damage structures through underside of ceilings
* Changed savedata loading code to support super-large saves.
* Antispeedhack now has a commandline bias you can use on your server (can cause more rubberbanding on laggy players). Defaults to 1.0, you can launch with it such as:
* Tranq Darts reduced crafting cost to 1 rifle bullet, 2 metal ingots, 3 narcotics, and buffed tranq dart Torpidity by 20%
* Fixed misc level bugs, including bad physics zones, non-buildable submerged ice caves, unreachable supply drops etc
New Server Game.ini configurable values:
* Fixed issue of carried creature’s dynamic inventory weight not adding to the flyer’s weight
* Shotgun base damage increased by approximately 30%
* Player engrams no longer count towards “max” inventory items
* Dinos can no longer damage structures thru “underneath” ceiling pieces
* Getting stuck under terrain will once again properly teleport you back above the terrain
* Shotgun networking further changed: clients will need to update to have working shotguns on Official Servers specifically 😉
* Fixed the global limit on # of Platforms-with-Structures being incremented by Rafts, which are not supposed to use the global limit
* Fixed a client-side PhysX crash
* Fixed Turrets’ Quetz targeting when you have Quetz Structure-Armor around body. Head will be shot.
* Dead insects now stop animating if you enter the area after they’re killed
* Fixed a case where you could get stuck on the painting templates save/load screens
* Fixed Server Direct Connection (from Steam/Browser such as ARKServers.net ) logic to not fail, and also fixed a crash if direct-joining a server fails
* Improved how shotguns are networked
* Anti speedhack detection is now enabled by default — to disable it, use the server commandline “-noantispeedhack”
* Server player-move-physics optimization is now enabled by default (improves perf) — to disable it, use the server commandline “-nocombineclientmoves”
* Reduced Damage of Guns & Projectiles onto Arg/Ptero by 25% (3.x multiplier rather than 4.x multuplier)
* Fixed client side issue where clients wouldn’t see other players “Wake up” from sleeping state
* Quetz platforms now include the weight of all pawns based on them, including the inherent pawn carry weight, causing encumbrance when carrying very large dinos.
* Raised Max KillZ being too low causing some characters to die on a high-flying Quetz platform
* Fixed Quetz damage / warpaint overlay
* Tranq Dart Torpidity effect increased by 100%
* Improved walking on dynamic platforms, Quetz, Raft, etc
* Poison Grenades add 25% more Torpor and have 20% more AoE
* Beezlebufo fall damage speed threshold raised to avoid taking damage on long jumps
* Alpha Dinos can no longer be picked up
* Quetz reduced damage by 33% and damage scaling by 20%
* Fixed a case where Player disconnected from the server could become unsleeped
* Fixed standing on Rafts
* Spectator Player List now can sort by Player or Tribe and also Search by Player or Tribe
* Fixed Dino XP level #, extra 0
* New server option defaulting disallowed, Quetz platforms will not allow any non-allied dino to base on them when they are flying. If you want your server to allow non-allied dinos to be able to stand on the Quetz platforms:
* Fixed Mac issues with ‘El Capitan’ OS (thank you Steam Users “Brefin” and “Kyr” for your help in solving it!!!)
* Fixed a savegame loading crash
* Quetzalcoatlus & Flying Platform Saddle. (Airship?!)
* Option to Remove the default “sail” from the Raft 😉
* Machined Sniper Rifle
* Tranq Darts
* You can now lock and/or pincode Elevators
* Sarcos now swim in shallow swamp water, making them speedy deadly creatures in the swamp
* Improved server perf by 15% using server-side movement optimization
* When aggro’ed, flyers no longer wander to a random point before attacking
* Swapped Fria Curry/Calien Soup Food-Water buff effects, as originally intended
* Server Admins can now set in their Game.ini:
* Reduced rubber-banding and camera-flickering when moving upon a platform saddle.
* Raised Player and Dino Level Caps by +3 each
* Holo Scope can now be equipped on the Fabricated Pistol
* SotF Enhancements: Immediate Warpaints (freepainting doesn’t require any items), Six Player Tribes, Megapithecus, Broodmother!
Current Version: v217.2
* Fixed respawn rate & yield rate on Species X wild plants
* Fixed dino-player pushing through walls case
* Fixed inability to climb ladders at some angles
* Reduced effectiveness of primitive club on players by 10%
* Increased poison grenade gas duration and effectiveness by 15%
* Female Megaloceros don’t grow horns anymore in singleplayer 🙂
* Sloped Roofs now count for “indoors” insulation calculation
* Fixed bug with “Rain” & “Snow” visuals only ever appearing once
* Fixed RCON performance issue on Linux/Windows (we think 😉
* Re-enabled ‘Raw Socket’ support on Linux/Windows Servers (use at your own risk, we believe there are stability issues with raw sockets but some hosts seem to like them 😉
* Hornless female Megaloceros added (25% faster but no attacks since no horns)
* Inventory Quality of Life: You can now sort inventory lists by various methods, and also text-search them dynamically.
* Craftable Consumable Bug Repellent. Yes!
* Poison Gas Grenade *cough cough cough*
* Primitive Club (great for conking people on the head and knocking them out, regardless of armor)
* Overstocked Snow Metal Rocks now yield Metal Ore at the same approximate rate as “Rich Mountain” Metal Rocks
* Trophy System (including the SotF Trophies!!!)
* Foliage fillrate performance optimization
* About +25%-30% server CPU performance gain due to Spatial Octree optimization
* You can now double-click an Engram to Learn It
* Engram Window automatically opens after applying all available Level Ups (will make it an option)
* Radios no longer take over Tribe Chat. Tribe Chat always functions as normal on its own “Channel”.
* Inventory Slot counter
* Jerky crafting time reduced by 33%
* Fixed aquatic creatures following targets across water zones
* Fixed pop-in of underwater rock/canyon meshes
* Server VAC enabled! Auto Banhammmmerrr Go!
* Furniture and Gravestones are now dye-able
* Fixed snow-cave blockage, and ice mini cave o’ doom killin’ dinos/teleportin
* Fixed funky shadow casting from foliage destruction-meshes
* Fixed whacky bendy plant wind animation 🙂
* Added a function necessary for Servers hosting ‘Survival of the Fittest’ Total Conversion. If you want to host SotF 4.0, you should upgrade your Server to 216.2. (Clients don’t need to).
* More server crash protection
* Fixed a couple server crashes
* Re-added missing “Small Crop Plot” Engram
* Improved Stag jump animation
* Fixed an NPC Spawn Zone that had improper spawning configuration
* Official Servers: Relaunching with -ForceRespawnDinos to destroy all wild creatures to flush out NPC’s to new Biome configurations. (this will only destroy wild creatures that are NOT currently being tamed 🙂
* Dimorph Kibble is now cookable from Dimorph Eggs 😉
* Fixed issue with not being able to climb ladders on certain platform structures/rafts
* Fixed Mac rendering issue in Snow Biome (black screen)
Server Admin Note: Server Admins may wish to run ONCE with -ForceRespawnDinos, which will destroy all Wild Dinos at startup and respawn them all from the current ARK biome values. This will get you a more clean immediate existance of the correct species in Snow, Swamp, etc.
* Server Admin Note: One-Time Auto-Structure Demolish on Swamp and Snow Zones: To do this, which you can only execute once after updating to v216, run your server or game with this commandline: -StructureDestructionTag=DestroySwampSnowStructures
* Fixed Dino unboarding offset
* Fixed a case where you could push your character through structures
* Fixed a ladder issue
* Fixed issue with Turrets mounted on Rafts/Dinos not being able to hit targets reliably when shooting down
* Fixed some Admin Manager SteamID’s display on Mac
* Fixed SotF crash
* Whitelisted Admins are now allowed to join full games and they also don’t count towards the player limit
* Fixed double hud overlays when in spectator mode and showing long-range HUDs and near HUDs
* Fixed issue with client & server steep slope climbing desynchronization when riding a Tamed Dino
* Fixed issue with invisible weapon in hand after loading singleplayer game
* Fixed water tanks not giving resources when demolished
* Human and Dino Level Caps Raised +5 each
* Swamp and Snow Biomes!
* Fur Gear Set
* Dimorphodons now lay eggs
* Added some initial furniture structures: Wooden Chair, Wooden Bench, Simple Gravestone
* Fixed issue where dinos wouldn’t follow an ally target a moving platform structure
* Fixed IK issue where dinos legs could latch onto surfaces above them
* Fixed issue where Total Conversion custom Maps weren’t listed in the Host Session UI
Server Admin Note: We are currently investigating performance and stability issues that appear to be related to use of “Raw UDP Sockets” server connection mode. We have thus disabled Raw Sockets Mode on our Official Servers until we have resolved those issues, and we suggest that 3rd party server hosts and admins do the same (namely, don’t use bRawSockets commandline, which will instead fallback to Steam P2P API).
* Fixed more server crash cases!
* Fixed another potential Server crash upon loading a savegame
* Fixed PvP Decay Timer starting at 0
* Fixed several kinds of Server crashes
* Carryable and Hawk-Style Throwable Dimorphodon (attacks whomever you throw it at 😉
* Paraceratherium & accompanying Platform Saddle
* Wall-mounted paintable canvas
* Structure Auto-Decay Enabled on Official PvP servers
* (Non-Platform-Mounted) Ballistas can no longer be placed near enemy foundations, and their damage has been reduced by 50% relative to structures, range reduced by 20%. They also no longer damage Plant Species X.
* Fixed incorrect Female pose when mounted on Ballista Turret
* Dev Kit: Mod authors can now custom-script their own new “Use Menu” options, with networking and saving of values, as well as override/remove any existing “Use Menu” options as they see fit. This will let them make much more powerful in-world items and character interactions 🙂
* Saddled Dinos can now accept SCUBA gear, equipments etc into their Inventories
* Fixed extra conflicting Input binding for flyers
* Fixed Shoulder-Mounted Dimos and almost certainly Monkeys disappearing randomish
* Players can no longer get stuck in an inputless state if reconnecting when mounted on a dino
* Fixed a bug with losing collision if you were knocked unconscious while being carried by a flyer
* Reduced Crop Plot Fertilizer consumption rate by another 50%
* Fixed a crash related to new Dev Kit features (ModifyStatusComponent, etc)
* Fixed some client-side crashes
* Fixed Oculus VR stereoscopic depth
Note: these are server-side changes for the most part, so any servers that want these fixes will need to update to 214.3!
* Trilobites move again
* Fixed status exploit with Fast Travel
* Changed flyer underground check to be a teleport rather than a kill, in case we have some underground area volumes still to beef up
* Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed a server crash: “ShooterGameServer.exe!UObjectPropertyBase::Identical()”
* Ballistas now do no damage at all to Auto Turrets
* Ballista damage vs stone structures reduced by 40%
* Singleplayer Ballista Bolts now only give you 1 bolt
* Fixed aquatic creatures getting into “falling” physics when knocked unconscious underwater
* Elevators can now be built on ceilings, within bases, etc.
* Fixed Stuck-Underground-Flyer Kill check
* Elevator movements now only get obstructed by static world geometry, not structures or characters
* All SCUBA gear pieces are now properly dye-able, male and female
* PvP Respawn timer is not used anymore in PvE games or in singleplayer mode
* Fixed Oculus Rift VR support <grumbles something about updated Oculus SDK/>
* New Feature: Custom Inventory Folders, on any Inventory. ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! <3
* New Structures: Powered Elevator Structures
* New Structures: Controllable Primitive Harpoon Ballista to place on structures and on the backs of your dinos (which damage stone structures at primitive tech level!)
* New Item: Plesiosaurus Platform Saddle! It’s time to build your dino submarine bases, survivors!
* Fixed grabbing onto / climbing ladders while underwater
* Fixed getting tossed off by flyers if they had previously run out of Stamina even after landing
* Activated Forges/Production Inventories now continue to consume resources after game reload
* Personally owned buildings/dinos now transfer to offline players if kicked from Tribe
* Flyers can no longer hold onto players when landed, nor drop them through the ground
* Fixed Tribe issue with same-named Tribes causing members to get kicked
* Fixed Flyers sliding on ground when Encumbered
* Mods/TC’s now have the option of FORCING more server PhysX Substeps, mostly useful for accurate Vehicle Physics (recommend 6 substeps & 0.03333 deltatime). See PrimalGameData.OverrideServerPhysXSubsteps and PrimalGameData.OverrideServerPhysXDeltaTime
* Wild Flyers will no longer get stuck on water and drown — they’ll fly out of water properly and head back towards landmass when necessary
* Fixed a savegame corruption case with large savegames: this is experimental, so try with “-noninlinesaveload” if you have any saves that don’t load. We’ll formally roll this loader change out in a subsequent patch after we’re 100% certain it has no side effects.
* Dropped Eggs are no longer invisible after loading a singleplayer game
* Optimized server ragdoll behaviors/perf, and fixed a nasty client physx perf bug (well of despair perf problem)
* 25% more max structures per dynamic platform by default. for realz!
* Fixed up the physics of the flyer Air-Brake, (“Prone” binding, default [X])
* Fixed issue with firing rockets and other weapon projectiles not using accurate collision detection
Updated Primitive Server Values / Items / Engrams here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/535150948605081777/
* Fixed wrong-rotated Flyers (upside down etc)
* Can now summon Broodmother Tribute again
* Fixed endlessly running-in-place dinos
* Fixed dinos and players falling through ground on Low-Memory mode
* Fixed (it seems) disappearing Monkeys
* Official servers switched to Raw UDP sockets for increased perf
* Turrets no longer (fruitlessly) attempt to shoot rafts, they’ll shoot the driver of the raft if they have line-of-sight
* Water dinos now correctly Follow rafts (or you when you’re driving the raft)
* Flyers are now allowed to have riders while walking on the ground. Yay 🙂
* Fixed client invisible flyers on saddle-platforms
* Fixed wrong-rotated structure placements (campfires, etc) on saddle platforms
* Fixed crash when loading a save with platforms/saddles that have structures removed by a mod
* Option for server hosts to use direct UDP socket connections rather than Steam P2P, for significantly increased server network performance and stability! To enable direct UDP sockets mode on your dedicated server (for slightly increased networking performance & more optimized bandwidth utilization and potentially better long-term stability), use commandline option “?bRawSockets” (on Windows or Linux) — you’ll need to manually open ports 7777 & 7778 if you do so in order for your server to accept connections.
* Reduced Ptero Barrel Roll damage by 33% and increased its stamina cost by 90%
* Personally-Owned Tribe Governments will no longer allow Replacing Structures that the user is not authorized to Demolish
* Increased default max # of structures per dynamic platform (Saddle Platforms, Rafts) by 25%
* SCUBA Pants hypothermal stat now works when riding dinos
* Plant Species X now don’t automatically reactivate after loading savegame if you have them Sleeping
* Fixed an issue with Electric Generators not linking to Electric Wires properly if they were placed after the Electric Wires, and thus unable to supply power outlets. (requires rebuilding them if you have any exhibiting this behavior)
* Current Character Stats no longer reset after a Fast Travel
* Spike Blockades can no longer be used to break falldamage
* Dragonfire now damages flyers
* Transponders & C4 now attach properly to Platform Saddled Dinos & Rafts
* Improved Dimorphodon collision box
* Flyers now remember their flying/walking state properly across save games (i.e. they don’t fall out of the air anymore after load)
* Raft movements no longer get blocked/rubberbanded by dinos that are standing on them
* Fixed issue of Dinos not appearing in their correct location on Rafts/Platforms if you unmounted them when on a Raft/Platform
* Host Session UI no longer clamps the numeric values by sliders (i.e. you can input beyond-range values into the text boxes and they’ll hold)
* Fixed Titanboas falling thru the air aboveground into Caves blow
Note: Server Admins can change the maximum number of platformed-creatures/rafts allowed on the ARK (a potential performance cost) via this commandline option: “MaxPlatformSaddleStructureLimit=Number” (or in [ServerSettings] of their GameUserSettings.ini)
212.1: Fixed -SM4/Extreme Low Memory Mode crashes with Plant Species X / Raft.
* Changed network protocol back to “SteamP2P”, which includes automatic port forwarding, until we introduce an option for servers to dynamically optionally use straight UDP protocol (increased network performance).
* Fixed issue with Flyers potentially disappearing/sinking into water
* Fixed various Raft exploits…
* Fixed shouldered Monkey scaling issue
* Fixed swimmers/flyers taking damage when the server gets stalled (during a save, etc)
* Fixed issue where Flyers couldn’t drop someone or attack after carrying them
* Fixed ragdolls possibly falling thru the floor when players die by hitting the ground from a large height
* Fixed Dino Inverse Kinematics getting bonkers wonky at low Server FPS
* Fixed the last (hopefully!) issue that could make Shouldered Monkeys disappear
* Added a [ServerSettings] server option “?PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier=1.0” that can be used to increase the limit of structures on dynamic platforms. Beware, increasing this value could affect server performance!
* Page-Scrolled Chatbox will now stay scrolled even if new chat messages arrive
* Structures placed on dynamic platforms (Saddle/Raft) no longer have a “Max Height Above World” limit (i.e. allows building on Rafts over deep sea).
* Fixed (client-side) Dinos appearing to fall through Structures
* Fixed a case where Raft structures could get loaded rotated ‘incorrectly’. (server-side fix)
* Fixed a painting crash
* Fixed a crash loading certain savegames (“Raptor Animation” crash)
* Fixed Dinos getting detached and warped when riding on bronto platform saddles / rafts (i.e. disappearing Dinos), and some visual issues on clients
* Fixed some bugs with painting (striped tigers, and some dye stacks not getting used), and loading painting templates is now about 10x faster
* Reduced some network bandwidth usage
* Fixed scale of structures on Rafts/Dino Platforms.
* Dinos & Players can no longer get pushed/dragge through structures / fall-through when on moving platforms (Rafts/Bronto Saddles etc)
* Player Data and Tribe Data are automatically backed-up and restored to avoid potential for corruption.
* You can no longer upload and download Dragons via the Obelisk 😉
* Raft collision improved (easier to climb up on), and jump rafts fixed
* Slightly Floating characters on Rafts fixed
* Admin “GiveColors #” command (w/o the “cheat” prefix), where # is quantity, to give yourself all color dyes, useful for testing the awesome new painting conversion tools
) — now every Tribe needs custom logos on their flags/signs, pronto!! 🙂
* Client-side Fix for invisible players on ladder!!!!!!!!!
* Client-side Fix for ladder climbing crash & incorrect ladder physics (falling off ladder etc)
* Fixed Raft HP not being networked to Clients
* Fixed some Ladder physics-networking issues for smoother climbing
* Fixed a case where you could appear detached from your Dino when riding it
* Pachy will now collide with each other, and their torpor inducement has been buffed about 20%
* You can now paint doors again
* Compass is now oriented properly when riding a Dino
* Rafts can’t starve anymore
* AI Dinos won’t try to harvest unharvestable resources anymore (i.e. too-large rocks etc)
* User Config values shouldn’t get clobbered anymore
* Respawning at Beds on loaded Raft/Platforms will no longer result in spawning at origin
* Invisible dinos on Rafts/Platforms should be resolved
* Crash callstacks are now written to text file on disk for better reporting (you can grab them off your remote dedicated server’s hard drive, etc)
* Bronto Rider Platform Driver position is now correct across save-games
* Fixed a case where Dinos couldn’t harvest resources when attacking
* Fixed a Weapon Ammo issue
* Fixed Flyers attachment standing on Rafts/Platforms
* Eliminated the extra forward-walking on ground of Tamed Flyers after they land
* Fixed Rafts super-bobbing and flying off into space
* Fixed Rafts/Brontos getting stuck on their own structures, they can now always move properly.
* Added a MaxKillZ as a failsafe in case anyone gets stranded in-orbit (will still resolve any such cases individually)
* Fixed inability to Claim dinos that had transponders on them
* Made Ladders not prevent movement (allow collide-and-slide) if they’re not attached to a moving platform (helps resolve some cases of stuck-on-ladders)
* Applying Painting Templates no longer can consume the durability non-paintbrush items 😉
* Reduced Assault Rifle Per-Shot Durability cost by 50%
* Removed the “Buggy” (heh heh) Vehicle from the build for now until we resolve the stability of multiple asynchronous PhysX substeps
* Fixed “Survival of the Fittest” Server crash
* Fixed inaccuracy on clients display of “Repair” cost (where it would show tooltip for a Structure as needing repair but it wouldn’t actually need repair).
* Fixed Submersible Rafts 😉
* Fixed Rafts that would end up underground at 50,50 (this should also retroactively fix any which had that occur)
* Fixed Ladder funkyness underground
* Fixed being teleported by flyer carrying you onto a platform saddle
* Fixed platform-saddled structure spawn VFX erroneously playing when first coming into view on a client
* Fixed case where Pachy could send you flying verrrry high if knocked you unconscious
* Fixed Crop Plot Fertilizer to be properly consumed all the way to zero and destroyed.
* You no longer get booted from the driver seat of a Raft when there are structures near/on it.
* Fixed some server crashes
* Fixed issue with wall signs & activated powered electronics not attaching to platform structures
* Fixed Brontos/Rafts getting pushed by structures built onto the them
* Fixed invisible character materials after equipping armor in singleplayer/local play
* Wild Dinos (i.e. Sharks etc) will no longer attack rafts
* Fixed a save-painting crash
* Fixed platform-attached climbing ladder funkyness
* Fixed Torch/Fire Lights not being attached correctly on moving platforms
* Rafts physics no longer get stuck underwater at low server fps
* Platform saddles can no longer be colorized when structures are already placed on them (for now).
* Fixed a client case where all saddle-platform structures could be detached depending on network payload order
* You can no longer spawn at platform-saddled beds/sleeping-bags that are “thru”/near enemy structures
* Brontos can now properly climb ramps / base on structures again
* Rafts/Buggies (vehicles) no longer show “Feeding Trough” icon 😉
* Driveable Dune Buggy Modding example (we’ll let modders have the first crack at vehicles with this example 🙂
(also available for server admins to spawn for experiments, and so is the Dragon)
cheat spawnactor “Blueprint’/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Dragon/Dragon_Character_BP.Dragon_Character_BP'” 1 1 1
cheat giveitem “Blueprint’/Game/PrimalEarth/Vehicles/VH_Buggy/Blueprint/PrimalItemVHBuggy.PrimalItemVHBuggy'” 1 1 false — for proper driving physics on dedicated servers, highly recommend that server admins who use the Buggy run their server with INI change:
* New Creature: Pachycephalosaurus!
* New Item: Water Raft!
* New Item: Scuba Pants, providing excellent hypothermic insulation, but only when in water.
* New Item: Craftable “Amnesiac Soup” that resets all of your Engrams and Skill Points!
* Paintings / Warpaints can now be saved, loaded, and shared! (they require the corresponding indicated amount of paint to apply, of course!) — can someone make a Bitmap to ARKPaint converter now? 😉
* Human and Dino Warpaint
* Collidable Saddle Platform & Build-on-Saddles: make your big ♥♥♥ brontos and plesios into mobile bases, build just about anything up from them! Build ladders to climb up onto them, whatever — the possibilities are nearly endless!!! 😉 We originally were gonna limit it to sleeping bags and turrets, but let’s just go all-out and make it work with everything, like so:
Note: Plesio platform-saddle coming in future update v208.
* Scuba Torso Top included in Tank Item
* Auto Anti Hack Banning (Speed currently, Aimbotting coming shortly): experimental server commandline option -antispeedhack
* Ogg Music now plays on Mac and Linux (main menu, loading, spawning, etc)
* New ServerSettings “DisablePvEGamma=true” option now prevents gamma changes in PvE
* DestroyWildDinos cheat command, instantly destroys all Wild Dinos. Useful if you want to force repopulation of the ARK… sounds apocalyptic. Similarly, DestroyStructures
* When placing a FenceFoundation/Wall/DoorFrame/GateFrame, you can now press the Use-Key to rotate them 180 degrees when snapped (i.e. to “flip” them)
* Eliminated Server lag/stalling associated with clients that have poor connections getting a BUNCH of structures sent to them all at once
* There’s now an on-screen overhead icon when a Dino of yours is in range of one of your Troughs.
* You can now place crop-plots on Structures
* You can now name Refrigerators… Maltheus 🙂
* 50% of the Inventory weight of a Monkey on your shoulder is now put on you 😉
* Rocket Launcher no longer consumes 2 ammo per shot; only 1 ammo per shot now.
* There are various new craftable dye colors including Cyan 😉
* Fixed Claiming of dinos on PvE! (thankfully the timers are saved, was just an input issue)
* Custom Chat bindings now work properly when menus are open
* Fixed UI crash associated with “blueprint skins”
* Server admins can now ban via SteamID when a player isn’t currently connected
New Primitive Server INI: http://pastebin.com/RSscMfB7
* Fixed rain vfx particles staying on, becoming detached, not disabling , etc
* Linux Voice Chat should now work 🙂
* Fixed potential server crash
* Fixed client crash with translated options UI
* Existing Structures can now always be “Replaced” even if they are considered “in range” of an enemy structure
* Added Server PvP Auto Demolish options and PvE Auto Dino Unclaim options
(or the commandline ?PvPStructureDecay=true, etc)
* Added option for unofficial Servers to have all admin commands logged to chat, to help Admin trustworthiness. Clients can see whether the servers have this setting enabled in the Pause menu.
* Significantly reduced Dino system memory overhead — but the further fix of 50% memory reductions will come in subsequent update.
* Extinction of the “Extinction Event” Servers
* Session List now filters out Workshop mod games that are on incompatible Workshop mod version
* Eliminated repeated “Installing Mod…” blips when at the main menu
* New “Low Quality VFX” option makes rain and underwater cheaper. Will link up more effects in the future.
* Fixed some incorrect structure damage type settings on metal/stone roofs/slopes
* Fixed a case where you could get insta-killed when dismounting from your creature such as the Gigantopithecus
* Dev Kit: Added capability for Total Conversions to use inherited PrimalGameData to stay in sync with live game.
* Dev Kit: ALL editable variables are now automatically read/write exposed to Blueprint. Unlimited Power!!!!
* ‘Unnatural Selection’ Tournament Build!
* Optionally launch with ?EnableDeathTeamSpectator=true (or EnableDeathTeamSpectator in [ServerSettings] of INI) to allow non-admin SotF players to spectate attached to only their own living team members after death.
* Fixed disappearing thrown Monkeys (we think)
* Argentavis/birds client-side landing is back to how to used to be. — client-side only input change, you don’t need to relaunch your servers.
* Doedicurus can roll again now 🙂 — client-side only input change, you don’t need to relaunch your servers.
* Fixed a server crash on startup (unversioned hotfix)
* “Survival of the Fittest: Unnatural Selection” (Game Mode, Tournament… Ride the Dragon and Dominate the ARK!)
* Survival of the Fittest servers can launch with “-gameplaylogging” commandline option to output a dated log file to \Saved folder, which will contain a timestamped kill & winners log listing steam id, steam name, character name, etc. Handy for automatic Tournament records… 🙂
* ARK Server Manager & ARK Remote now support Remote Management/Mod Installation of Linux Servers!
* Fixed bug that was detaching carried Monkey on clients
* Fixed randomish missing mod engrams
* Fixed overspawning plesios in mods
* Fixed (likely) bug that was causing some players to be invisible for the host on non-dedicated sessions
* New Creature: Mesopithecus! This little buddy can ride on your shoulder and help you out of all sorts of scraps… 😉
* New Item: Primitive Smoke Grenades!
* Angled Roofs for Thatch/Wood/Stone/Metal tilesets! Courtesy of MechanizedIT, thank you, you’re the best!!
* Max Tamed Dino cap on Official Servers properly raised to 5500
* Species X Plants will now auto-heal properly, phew!
* Folders on Engrams list stay visible correctly when re-opening Crafting Menu
* Creating a Tribe while Taming a Dino no longer loses the Tame
* Sarco buff: faster run speed, much faster mounted turn rate, higher tamed damage scaling
* Fixed bug with limiting NPC’s when using certain mods (i.e. bug would cause huge # of Plesios underwater)
* Gigantopithecus can now manually harvest fiber
* 203.2: Fixed client-side memory leak! (also helps perf!)
* 203.1: Gates & Gate Foundations no longer get destroyed when attached to fence foundations (fence foundations are considered valid support for them now).
* Falling vaults don’t float on wires anymore and they can fall multiple times now
* Sotf notifications now show up to 4 tribesmates on the tribe eliminated notification, if a sotf server is set to allow 4-player tribes.
* Defaulted max tamed dinos to 5000 up from 3700
* Blueprint cost overrides now are used correctly for reals.
* Spraygun now uses paint up properly
* Ptero now drops its carried character if it barrel rolls
* Now craft-all is limited to 100 iterations to avoid craft-all spam stalls. convenient enough for now 😉
* A dino that was ridden will now take fall damage once if it was unboarded in mid-air.
* Door interaction shouldn’t get stuck anymore on client
* Player-level-up multipliers are now used properly when respawning
* Ptero don’t allow barrelrolling when encumbered
* Torpored doedicurus will now exit ball-state properly
* Glasses now correctly placed on doedicurus
* All mammoth attacks now will harvest properly
* Fixed a rare server crash involving pickupable structures (sleeping bags, turrets, etc)
* Support for Giant Moon Meteor Extinction Event!
* Putting Canteens/Waterskins into taps connected directly to intakes now properly refills them, doesn’t break them anymore. Sorry about that!
* Total Conversions are now listed at the bottom of the sessions list when not in a TC
* Failure to join a TC (such as SotF) no longer results in two overlapping popups
* Fixed a crash that some singleplayers were getting after a load
* Fixed another game-load crash case (associated with some Doedicurus functionality)
* New Creature: Doedicurus!
* New Item: Primitive Organic Automated Turret
* New Item: Automatic Spray-Paint ‘Gun’
* Do a Barrell Roll! Ptero’s can now unleash a devastating Barrell Roll Attack+Speed-Boost with the Crouch button ([C] by default)
* Servers can now edit a multiplier for player and dino level-upgrade amounts per-stat (and also different numbers in the case of wild dinos).
* Prevent-Friendly-Fire option for PvE servers
* Shooting arrows/projectiles at unconscious tiny dinos now actually hits them properly
* Fixed aiming of character weapon shooting when carried by a Flyer (previously was very difficult to hit stuff due to a bug)
* Added server option to disable “Friendly Fire” (among tribesmates/tribesdinos/tribesstructures) on PvE
* Whistles and other attached sounds now play properly when riding dinos
* Emotes now work properly when riding dinos
* Fixed another exploit involving players getting under the terrain, and if you do get under the terrain somehow you will be teleported back above it.
* You can now attach electric generators to electric cables after placing cables, they will snap accordingly
* Fixed an exploit where filled water containers could be used forever in recipes that require a filled water container
* Fixed an exploit where you could fill water canteens/jars up fully at a watertank even if you did not have enough water to do so (essentially allowing you to infinitely generate water).
* Fixed issues where you could erroneously create floating structures using fence foundations + pillars
* The destruction time of eggs on the ground is now the same for all eggs, 30 min
* Radio Engram exists again
* Gigantopithecus now requires Survivor Level 40 to Tame. This is a stopgap for the eventual introduction of a non-violent Taming Skill.
* Floating-To-Valhalla Ragdolls fixed
* Improved death-momentum calculation for ragdolls
* Fixed inability to place C4’s after placing rotational actors, or to place them on certain walls
* Fixed singleplayer/local disappearing structure object visuals (campfires, preserving bins etc)
* You can no longer escape a bear trap by climbing a ladder
* You can no longer paint/deface another team’s structures in PvE
* AutoTurrets will now shoot at Prone players
* Gigantopithecus properly gains food when fed during Tame (this was likely making Taming much more difficult as if he drops below 40% Food he’ll rapidly lose Tame Affinity)
* Dolphins can be tamed again
* cheat GiveAllStructure: gives every structure that’s connected to the current chain to you.
* cheat SetTargetPlayerBodyVal int (0-30), float (0-1): changes a character’s body scaling for that region
* cheat SetTargetPlayerColorVal int (0-2), float (0-1): changes a character’s body color for that region
* Fixed a server crash
* Fixed issue with ‘Survival of the Fittest’ server player counts being incorrect after match reset.
* IED’s don’t use demolition explosion type anymore, as they were not intended to. (effectively cuts their damage against structures by about 60%). They are anti-personnel/defensive.
* Cut taming time on Gigantopithecus by about 25% and he won’t stay aggro’d forever now either.
* Scuba tank now slowly recovers your stamina if you are not moving in water.
* Reduced Gigantopithecus natural aggro range by 20%, and it’ll no longer target wild animals — only nosy humans/tamed animals. Also, its aggro will no longer reset its waking tame. Note that ANY damage resets the progress of a non-violent tame!
* Fixed SCUBA Goggles scaling/offset not matching heads
* Made multiplayer session list instantly cancel the join if you are not able to join for some reason, rather than making you wait for the time-out.
* Fixed interpolation of character when mounting/dismounting dino
* New Dino: Gigantopithecus: Your autonomous Fiber-gathering, helmet-wearing, human-tossing buddy-for-life!
* New Items: SCUBA Gear set. Heck yeah!
* Fixed a bug where mateboost was breaking after a dropping a dino… and other bad things were happening due to that too 😛
* Titanboas now drop eggs 😉 Titanboa kibble is for Gigantopithecus, Dodo Kibble is now for Ptera
* Max Player level raised to 80 and max player XP raised to 185,000
* Various improvements to the Dye UI layout and flow (you can now switch dyes dynamically when dying items, etc)
* AZERTY/Slovak Keyboard bindings now work
* _THE_ TRIBE BUG IS FIXED! No more randomly messed-up Tribes!!!! (going forward 😉
* We now support global, dynamic Official Server bans. So please please don’t use hacks, or we’ll have to find out, and then we will have to ban… 🙁 . Also, player run servers will have the option of using our global ban list, or pointing to any online ban list that they want. That goes in your server’s GameUserSettings.ini:
* ARK Server Manager now works remotely and can install/manage Mods/Maps/TC’s remotely 🙂
* New option to use toggle-talk instead of push-to-talk
* Being Kicked from a session during connection (including Bans) no longer results in you getting stuck a loading screen. Now you’ll actually get back to the main menu with correct message.
* Fixed a SpawnEgg() load crash some people were getting
* Added a server-configurable chat spam interval
* Fixed an issue with destroying wires causing destroying of attached objects
* Fixed a color modifier brightness exploit
* Fixed issue with not getting more Jerky created from Preserving Bin if you already have Jerky+Meat in it
* Lazarus Chowder now lasts 10 min instead of 15 min
v200.3 – 200.5: Server-only native fixes for ‘Survival of the Fittest’ Tribe issues.
* “Survival of the Fittest” Officials are now difficulty 1.0, not 4.0 — haha 😉
* You no longer lose your character visual customization if you reconnect — ouch now we need some “Plastic Surgeon” capability to help anyone who lose their beautiful distinct looks! Admins will get that this weekend, and on Official we’ll handle it with our admins for anyone who was affected in this round.
* Tranq arrows no longer have a torpidity multiplier of 2000 — d’oh internal testing value!
* Fixed bug where u could use a timing exploit to fire rockets without consuming ammo! Thank you Steam User “Kiwi”!!! 🙂
* Doubling the number of official SotF servers
* Approx 2 hour rollback since we did a hard-exit of the servers with no warning when we noticed the appearance-smooshing bug, don’t wanna leave anyone hanging in a bad spot.
* In-Progress SotF sessions are currently hidden from the session list until we have better booting notification for being unable to join them (Depending on the server configuration). You can still rejoin in-progress SotF sessions from your “My Survivors” tab, or directly via the Steam Client.
Some useful spectator keys:
Hold H to show scoreboard
Ctrl-K to permanently toggle scoreboard
Ctrl-N for player list
Ctrl-M to show floating huds for ALL players in the world (useful to know where they’re all at but can be spammy)
Ctrl-P to show floatinh huds for just nearby players
Backspace toggle hud for beauty shots
Shift speed movement
Ctrl slow movement
mouse wheel alter fly speed
left click attack to player
spacebar detach from player
* “Survival of the Fittest” and “Total Conversion” Support, finally! Here are instructions on how to host your own SotF server, and the various new INI/commandline values:http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/530649887204866610/
* Re-Fertilizer now acts upon an area, not on a single foliage
* Warning time on turrets is no longer used when targeting grenades/rockets
* Supply Crates that don’t move and have no loot (due to no items generated) no longer appear on primitive servers, etc
* Fixed a bug where getting picked-up while climbing a ladder would teleport you when dropped
* Fixed Preverving Bin bug with consuming items and not giving you jerky
* Super ARK Server Management Tool! manage all your mods visually, install new mods and total conversions, update mods, manage all server settings visually, connect to RCON, and soon enough do this all remotely!http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/530649887208240167/
* Fixed client-side crash with Flare projectiles
* Flare projectiles now disappear properly on clients
* PvE servers that allow cave building will no longer lose cave structures upon restart
* “5555” Taming Speed Multiplier in “Host Game” menu is fixed 🙂
* Added “Re-Fertilizer” item craftable at the Compost Bin which can be used over ground to re-grow depleted foliage over time even if it’s close to structures (avoids the structure distance check, though wont’ regrow if it’s stuck ‘within’ a structure).
* Added adjustable “Tethering” distance for non-dedicated multiplayer sessions (maximum distance from Host player), adjustable in the Host UI
* Alpha predators damage vs Stone structures reduced by 80%
* Alpha predators now tend to only appear inland / in mountainous regions
* Alpha predators natural targeting range reduced by 40%, easier to deliberately avoid or escape from.
* Alpha predators now ALWAYS Survivor drop inventories when killed. (i.e. Carno and Rex)
* Added option to disable specific Alpha predators (“NPC Replacements”) on custom servers. This can also be used to disable any specific NPC, or replace the spawns of a particular NPC with that of a different NPC.
* Custom servers can now specify “ResourceNoReplenishRadiusStructures” & “ResourceNoReplenishRadiusPlayers” multipliers, if they wish to allow resources to regrow closer or farther away from players & structures.
* Auto Turrets now target & shoot down enemy grenades AND rockets — ooo yeah 🙂
(and any bullet weapon can shoot grenades & rockets to explode them now 😉
* Replacing Structures doesn’t do obstruction checks anymore (no more failures to replace)
* PvP servers have an optional +1 minute additonal respawn that doubles each time if you are killed by a team within 5 minutes of your previous death to that team (timer indicated on Spawn UI). Is enabled in pvp by default, and on all the official pvp servers. Helps prevent PvO ammo-wasting of auto turrets by repeatedly throwing sacrificial players at them.
bIncreasePvPRespawnInterval = true;
* Only melee damage onto spikewalls causes return-damage now (i.e. shooting spikewall with rocket launcher won’t hurt you anymore)
* Spectators are no longer booted after idle period, and enabling spectator after death now clears death postprocess effects, and spectating after death gets proper view-location networking now
* Alpha Predator buffs are now cleared upon Alpha Predator death
* Added admin command to force-join a tribe by looking at anything the tribe owns, and force-promote yourself in a tribe, and take over founder role of a tribe
cheat ForcePlayerToJoinTargetTribe PlayerID (0 for you)
(that will put you/playerID into the tribe of whatever you’re pointing at, if it’s a tribe structure/character)
* Improved server perf, and fixed some server crash cases
* Admin-Only-Access doors (and their doorframes) can no longer be demolished or Replaced by non-Admin tribe members regardless of Governance settings
* Server INI’s option to switch from PvE to PvP mode at pre-specified in-game times OR a pre-specified real-world (server-side) times!
bAutoPvEUseSystemTime=true or false
AutoPvEStartTimeSeconds=0 to 86400
AutoPvEStopTimeSeconds=0 to 86400
if you don’t usesystemtime, it’ll use the in-game world time
otherwise it’ll use the computer’s time.
you can make start time > or < than stop time, dpeending n what you want to do
for example, pve starttime of 2:00 and stoptime 23:00 (convereted into seconds of course)
would have pve exist from 2am to 11pm
whereas pve starttime of 23:00 and stoptime of 2:00 would have pve exist only from 11pm to 2am (and thusly, pvp from 2am to 11pm)
also if you have bAutoPveTimer set to true, you can see the current
in the Player hud with H it’ll say it next to the current time.
Server-side Only Hotfix:
* You can no longer upload or download Forcetamed creatures via ARK Tribute (Obelisks) that are not actually Tame-able. (i.e. Alpha predators)
* Admin Forcetamed creatures that are not actually Tame-able are automatically destroyed upon map reloading. (i.e. Alpha predators)
Unversioned Client Hotfix: Spawn BG music no longer erroneously plays forever when fast-travelling.
* Alpha predators no longer damage metal structures, only stone structures as intended.
* Can no longer pick up Alpha Raptors using flyers.
* Alpha predators now consume corpses properly.
* Alpha predators attacks no longer damage riders directly. (now is consistent with regular dino attacks)
* Fixed the networking of new-character configuration to the server. Alas this required a new Major version update as it is a networking signature change 😛
Note: You will need to re-search for your Favorite/My Survivors Official Servers once! (the IP addresses have changed due to Server Relocation)
* Moving most servers to new faster host! Better official server framerates, woot!
* Activating the Flare Gun when riding a Dino will now automatically shoot the Flare upwards
* Your selected Survivor Spawn Region is now remembered when reconnecting your client
* Server Admins can now disable Taming on a per-Dino basis via their config
* PvE server admins can now enable building in Caves via their config
* Gendered Tamed Dinos will only drop Eggs if Mate-Boosted now, and only Female Dinos lay eggs now 😉
* Alpha predators now give 4x the regular amount of resources and nothing but prime meat!
* Added Alpha versions of Carnotaurus and Utahraptor — they buff less than the Alpha Rex, however.
* Fix for one last case of possibly erroneously entering Spectator mode
* Picking up your own Tamed Dinos’ eggs no longer aggros Wild Dinos of that species 😉
* Titanboa now has damage overlay
* Sarco tail has proper IK again
* Barricades (Metal and Wooden) can now be painted
* You can now eat/drink when caught in a Bear Trap
* Can no longer ride a dino that is snared in a Bear Trap… gotta free it first.
* You can no longer mount a dino if you’re snared in a Bear Trap
* Harvested resources now properly respawn in singleplayer/non-dedicated host!
* Alpha Dinos now damage stone structures
New Server’s “GameUserSettings.ini” values:
//to allow building in caves
And in Server’s “Game.ini”, to prevent Taming of specific Dino’s:
//etc etc — all dino classnames are in the ARK Dev Kit, maybe someone can put them on the ARK Wiki 😉
* Fixed an issue where clients might sometimes not get the Spawn menu if dying very soon after connecting to an online session. Servers do not need to update to get this fix, is purely a client-side change.
* SERVER LAG (“MEGA STALLS”) FIX!!
* New Items: Small and Large Bear Traps, for locking players and dinos in their tracks!
* New Structure: Stone Behemoth Gate
* New rare “Alpha” T-Rex can be found that is bigger and meaner than the regular T-Rex with distinct color schema, gives a unique cosmetic (and a ton of XP and resources) if you defeat it. It also buffs the resistance and damage of nearby carnis around it due to its Alpha-pack dominating status. You can’t tame it… yet… but we’d like feedback on whether the community would be interested in more of this direction.
* Tamed Dinos now lay Eggs over time without having to leave them alone i.e. they now do it in real-time and you can watch them… o_O
* New Door option: “Admin-Only access”, which can be combined with PIN coding and Locking. Allows only Admins free access to the door in Tribe-shared environments, everyone else in the Tribe has to either enter PIN code or be locked-out. We recommend combining this with the new “Admin-Only Demolish” Governance option for Shared Structures, otherwise Tribe Members can just Demolish their way into your secret Admin Rooms anyway 😉
* Admins can now “Demote” other admins from within the Tribe Manager (you can not Demote the Founder, so he/she is the ultimate arbiter of justice!). Please use this power wisely!
* You can no longer damage Tamed dinos thru Walls/Structures (prevents cheaping out people’s dinos from outside their bases)
* Fixed bug where clients sometimes couldn’t see the equipped items/saddles on characters
* Aquatic dinos swimming against water surface is now perfectly smooth, doesn’t result in a hard-stop of your character anymore.
* Added the rest of the Dino Damage overlays
* Dealt with the Trilobites’ resources: they now clamp resource harvest amounts (no overdamage.. we need to ween off that ;), they only yield pearls and oil rarely, and they are significantly less common in the shallows.
* Misc Spectator mode improvements (alphabetical player list, no longer considered “idle” for kicking, fixed sometimes getting into spectator mode when not desired, etc)
* Canteens are no longer consumed when making soups
* New Tribe Governance Option for Structures: Tribe Owned, Admin-Only Demolish
* You can now properly enter spectator mode after dying without getting stuck at a black screen
* More dino blood overlays, & option to disable Dino blood overlays
* Stone harvesting settings are back at +75%. An underlying change with the harvesting system had inadvertently affected them, thanks for the reports 🙂
* Fixed various server crashes
* ARK Tribute (Obelisk) Item Transfer disabled on Official Servers for now, was unbalancing to PvP, needs further design work.
* Dedicated servers can now optionally load custom maps via ModID diectly , rather than having to specify the map name directly, using this syntax:
(where the MapModID is the Steam Workshop FileID of your custom map, and the GameModIds are the Id’s of the stacked mods you wish to use, in order)
v193 NEW ENGRAMS FOR YOUR CUSTOM SERVER GAME.INI’s:
* Fixed Function and Middle Mouse Wheel keybindings work again
* Sickle now yields 3x the amount of Fiber it was previously harvesting per stroke.
* Various Spectator Camera and control improvements
* Canteen can now be properly filled up at a Water Tap.
* Primitive Servers now have the missing engrams: Feeding Trough and Sickle
* Lots more Dino Damage overlays (almost all of them), and now properly dissolves away
* Fixed a bug that was causing hitchy startup/loading on Mac/Linux and memory spikes on some dedicated servers
* Reduced aggressive immediate dino repopulation to avoid server lag spikes
* Players should not randomly become spectators anymore
ARK Items and Engrams Indices v191: http://imgur.com/HMIigNT,ACuXtwT#0
v191.1 Hotfix: Windows controller support (Xbox 360 controller etc) works properly again.
* New Creature: Trilobite, your new favorite renewable source of Chitin, Silica, and Oil
* New Metal Sickle weapon for harvesting Fiber from seed-plants
* New Modern Polymer Canteen Item stores up to 300 water and uses 100 per sip. (and is lighter than jars)
* Max Number of Tamed Dinos on the ARK is now server-customizable value, and bumped up the default by 1000. To adjust this, use the ?MaxTamedDinos=4000 commandline argument, or add MaxTamedDinos=4000 to your ServerSettings in your GameUserSettings.ini!
* Improved loading speed, RAM usage, and streaming performance
* Redone painting UI to allow switching colors and re-dying brushes from directly within the painting UI
* Water Jars can now be used twice, with 100 water restored per sip
* Fixed exploit that could push characters through walls in edge case
* PvE can no longer add or demolish transponders on non-ally Tamed Dinos or Players.
* Lots more Admin UI functionality and commands, you’ll find them listed on the updated Admin UI
* Smoother multiplayer character interpolation, jitters eliminated
* Mac Gamepad input fixes. You can get a “driver” for Xbox 360 gamepad on Mac OS here: https://github.com/d235j/360Controller/releases/tag/v0.14-unofficial
* Compound Bow has 5x more effective durability, less camera shake when pulled
* Admin Spectator camera (and an extra password you can use for anyone to access spectator mode) + spectator-controls UI
To use the admin spectator, any admin can just use:
stopspectating will always take you out of spectator.
Note that being a Spectator destroys your own player character, you will respawn when leaving spectator mode.
To use non-admin spectator, the server must specify a spectator password like so in the GameUserSettings.ini:
or via commandline
Then any client can use this console command:
Note that the game will remember your spectating state even after you restore save data and/or reconnect, so that you can permanently stay in spectator mode on a server if you wish.
Some spectator controls:
Ctrl-M: Toggle floating player huds for the entire map (helpful to spot where everyone is)
Ctrl-P: Toggle Only Show Nearby Floating Huds
Ctrl-N to display a list of players to jump to
Left click to attach to the player in front of you
Left Click and Right Click to cycle attached player
Spacebar to detach
Shift to Fly Fast
Ctrl to Fly Slow
Mousewheel to adjust fly speed
Shift + f1-f10 to save camera positions, and f1-f10 to teleport to them
v190.01 Hotfix: Linux now has full gamepad support for standard gamepads and Steam Controller. Mac has mostly working gamepad support, but can benefit from some buttons being remapped. You can get a “driver” for Xbox 360 gamepad on Mac OS here:https://github.com/d235j/360Controller/releases/tag/v0.14-unofficial
Unversioned Hotfix: Linux Dedicated server “player respawn/fast-travel” crash fixed
* Increased Max Player level to 74, and Max Dino level to 50
* Added new music to character creation UI
* Fixed some missing FPV melee animation hit notifications, fixed damage type on slingshot melee (was applying too much torpor)
* Raised minimum wooden bow damage for shortest-pulled arrows to 50%, up from 25%
* Added Dino Hurt-Damage Blood overlay (various dinos get bloodier as they take more damage to help visually indicate their health)
* Tribes have a new governance option as to whether only Admins can Unclaim Tribe Dinos
* Tribe name uniqueness on a server is now enforced (going forwards)
* +75% stone harvesting from stone sources
* Compound Bow & Armor-and-Hide Piercing Metal Arrows
* Linux Controller Support (Mac coming soon!): for your Steam Controllers! What’s that you say? You don’t have a Steam Controller yet?! Oh ok, it’ll also work with regular controllers 😉
* Increase to 4.0 Difficulty on Official Server Network (and increase of difficulty cap to 4.0)
* Fixed Dinos (Scorp, Anky, etc) getting stuck on Server when swimming and attacking (rubber banding)
* Finally bonus items on respawn 😉
* Fixed some minor exploits
* Added Mate-Boosted icon
* Stackable Mod support! This allows multiple mods to be used together and combine their changes — works with existing mods too! and you can use Mods on custom maps now. To Use Stackable Mods from the in-game menu, simply goto the “Host Game” menu and then select a map, and a list of mods to stack. The top mod will take priority (i.e. is most likely to fully work), and any secondary mods will attempt to add items and other overrides, they may or may not work depending on what those mods actually do (most mods that add items will work as secondary mods… whereas you’ll likely want to use any major rebalancing mod as your “base” mod :). We’ll continue to add more functionality for what Stacked Mods can do, so stay tuned!
To specify stacked mods for dedicated server commandline, you first need to manually install the Mods by copying over the Mod files, then specify Steam Published File ID’s in your Server’s GameUserSettings.ini like so (and just load the map via commandline):
Or use a Commandline to launch it like this:
(the left-most ID is the top mod)
(where “halo”, for example, is the map included with Mod:
Also one neato thing: the clients don’t need to have ANY of the mods installed when they connect to the server. They’ll actually dynamically automatically download them all, one-by-one, install them, and then finishing connecting! 🙂
* ARK Dev Kit: Better mod features to add engrams to structures and remap items
* Fixed Meganeura (Dragonfly) Dossier Icon
* Eliminated Non-Dedicated Session Passwords. They’re not properly supported by Steam,
so instead we’ve added an option for “Private” sessions, which don’t appear on the public Session List, and your friends can simply join those directly via the Steam Overlay (Invite or “Join Game”).
* Fixed a crash when loading certain Mods
* Fixed Mac/Linux clients to not attempt reinstalling Mods over again upon each launch.
* New Creature: Meganeura (Dragonfly)
* New Structure: Dino Feeding Trough!
* More loading speed improvements: 60%+ on the maps and in-game streaming speed (this involved reformatting how much of the game-content data was packed, hence the ~2GB update!)
* Server Admins now have a command “ServerChatToPlayer” to send direct chat messages to playername, rather than steamid (use “ServerChatTo” to send to steamid)
* Custom servers INI can now scale globally the spoiling times of perishables, as well as scale the global decomposition time of items and bodies on the ground, respectively. Set these to larger than 0 values, in your server’s Game.ini :
* Custom servers INI can now scale on a per-resource type basis the amount of resources harvested. In your server’s Game.ini, for example:
* Custom servers INI can now override the Max XP cap of players & dino characters, respectively. Set these to larger than 0 values, in your server’s Game.ini :
* Bonus Items are now properly given upon respawn again (a bug was causing them to only be given when you examined an Obelisk Terminal Inventory). Edit: Ah nope, still requires accessing an Obelisk Terminal to get those bonus items. Will fix properly shortly!
* Fixed a bug with the Flying Titanomyrma that was causing them to be very difficult to hit
* Linux Dedi Server should now be able to load Mods without crashing 🙂
* Dimorphodons don’t lay Pteranodon eggs anymore
* Non-Dedi Multiplayer Sessions always has player list visible in Pause menu
* Non-Dedi Multiplayer Sessions always displays Player Join & Leave messages
* Turret now uses correct weak-metal structure damgetype (was using wood structure type by accident)
* You can now properly see the Non-Dedicated Multiplayer Sessions within the “Non-Dedicated Multiplayer Session” filter type 😉
* Non-Dedicated Multiplayer Session Hosts no longer require opening ports! It now uses automatic Steam NAT Traversal! Note that you will not be able to see Non-Dedicated Multiplayer Sessions from prior to v188.21, so please update to this version if you want to play a Non-Dedicated Multiplayer Session with your friends.
* Dinos that are pushed into world geomtry (moved inside stones etc) are now killed after a period of time. Don’t try to hide dinos there, it’s not legit 😉
* Removed the unnecessary word “Quantity” from the “Craft All” button
* Transponders no longer disappear if your body is destroyed and you have a loot bag so that u can find your bag — they then attach to your loot bag. (if that’s destroyed, however, then bye bye transponder)
* “Stay All” Whistle (“U” by default) now only affects things following YOU or the Dino that you’re riding. (so if you have a team with other dinos following other team members, it won’t stop those other dinos)
* Defaulted the loading speed improvements, shipped the prebuilt load cache, and made it used by default. Loading & streaming speed gains of 70-80% on PrimalGameData… still have to do the maps though 🙂
* Turrets require power again 😉
* Fixed turret shooting logic bug that was causing incorrect turret fire rate (or was causing them to not fire at all), and fixed aiming logic to not fire if it doesn’t have a clean shot — turrets should be pretty badass killing machines now, shouldn’t have any direct exploits remaining.
* Reduced Ant (Titanomyrma) aggro radius by 30%
* Turrets no longer will target you through corpses, and they no longer have any friendly fire
* Repairing structures now only takes half as much resources as before (as further incentive to Repair rather than Replace).
* Crop plots can now be placed on very uneven ground
* Phiomia can now poop
* Mate-boosted Tamed Dinos now have 2x chance of producing eggs
* Eliminated remaining server-side memory leak
* ~70% faster loading speed option. Choose “Experiment Fast Load Cache” launch option (use add “-usecache” to your launch commandline manually). After the first & second times that you start the game & load will be still be slow, but the third time onwards will be fast. This is testing a new caching method. If it works well, will then ship with the prebuilt cached files so that it’ll always be fast even first-time, and we’ll do this for all the maps as well.
* Non-Dedicated Host Session: for small groups to play cooperatively — you use singleplayer saves with this mode, seamlessly! For the moment to Host online, you need to open ports 27015-27030 and 7777 to your computer (not necessary on LAN) — but soon tomorrow, that will be automatic using Steam NAT traversal. If you’re looking to join such a session, you’ll find these sessions listed in the “Non-Dedicated Session” filter type on the Session List UI. Or join using your Friends list, or the LAN list, if it’s a LAN game. Note that Non-Dedicated Hosting uses your SINGLEPLAYER saved world/character, so you can seamlessly switch between Hosting and playing Singleplayer 🙂 . Also, everyone but the Host is restricted to playing within a ~200 meter radius around the Host (it’s primarily for Coop-only play). For the time being, this is necessary to preserve Host performance & system memory.
* Placeable Structures (boxes, beds, signs, etc) will no longer be destroyed when replacing the underlying structure beneath them. Note this will only work properly on NEWLY placed objects (newly placed boxes, beds, signs, etc). Objects placed before v188.1 will still be destroyed when the underlying structure is replaced.
* Vaults once again properly drop if the floor underneath them is destroyed
* Fortitude stat now has 1.5x the insulating effect as previously
* Cooked Prime Meat will no longer be eaten before Raw Meat by Tamed Dinos
* There is now a repair-cost tooltip when you hover over the “Repair Structure” option, indicating the material cost to fully repair the structure
* Added Tribe Name to Death Recap (so that u can know what Tribe to seek unholy revengeance upon)
* Fixed an issue in singleplayer games where you could remain sleeping forever! (sleeping beauty)
* PvP Cave damage multiplier (default 6x) now functions in underwater caves as well
Note: For ARK Server Admins, v188 will upon first launch overwrite your server’s “ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\LinuxOrWindowsServer\GameUserSettings.ini”. This was an unintended side effect of modifying the Default INI that it derives from, but sadly we can’t revert the change. So you can restore your server’s previous GameUserSettings INI values after updating if you wish. We’ll make sure that this INI overwrite doesn’t happen again, however. Thank you very much ARK Server admins!
* New Structure: “Single Panel Flag” which is a simple flag that has one solid panel canvas, handy for custom painting onto.
* Massive performance improvement to structural integrity calculation (namely, less lag/stalls on the server when destroying/replacing pieces of large connected structures)
* Bronto now likes a certain Kibble 😉
* Eggs are about 50% more common to find
* Eggs now last for 30 min on ground (prev was 20 min)
* Ant (Titanomyrma) will not follow you into Water anymore. Land insects don’t like water 😉
* Fixed a bug with structure limits (PhysX overlap limit was being exceeded), and reset the default value to 6000 (should cover even the biggest current bases that we’ve seen on Official Servers). The new configurable/commandline value is: NewMaxStructuresInRange=6000
* Swimming backwards on a dino no longer desyncs with the server
* Tamed Scorp shouldn’t drown anymore. In fact various tamed dinos that were not swimming to the surface should now try to stay on the surface when not being ridden.
* Fixed pop-in of underwater cave meshes
* Per-Pixel Sign painting, with real-time multiplayer simultaneous painting: please don’t draw offensive things! <3
* Electronic Animal Trackers: track your dinos, track wild dinos, track enemy dinos (or players), put on one yourself and don’t lose your corpse!! <ShamWow!>
* Throwable Torches
[MORE NOTES TO COME]
* Uploading/Downloading Items to ARK Tribute Inventory now works in singleplayer
* Tribe/Player names with emoji strings in them will no longer cause parsing-spam in the chat text
* Splitting/Merging stacks of items within your Inventory no longer causes “Removed/Added” Item notifications
* Turrets random aim spread reduced by 85%
* Turrets will no longer target carried/dragged characters if they’re being carried/dragged by your team
* Ants (Titanomyrma) damage reduced by 25% and health reduced by 35%/40% (soldier/drone)
* Fixed a bug where Inventory Bags dropped by destroyed structures had infinite life (now have 15 minute timeout)
* Improved look of Grill and Stone structures slightly (not finished)
v187.1: fixed a rare server-side Inventory crash
v187.1: fixed a rare server-side Inventory crash
Note: for custom Primitive Servers, there is a new Game.ini here http://pastebin.com/cA9rMxz2
Also going forward have changed the format to be future-proofed and will post a future-proofed INI later, and this will be the last time the Game.ini has to be updated 🙂
* Titanomyrmas: designed to ruin your sunday picnics!
* Dimorphodons: designed to harass other dino riders!
* Crossbow: use underwater to ping sharks from a distance!
* Machined Shotgun: less powerful than primtiive, but more shots before reload and tighter spread!
* Redesigned the look of the Stone Tier to look much nicer
* Double the number of dyes. You want Pink? You got Pink!
* You can no longer level up sleeping allies (so mean)
* Approximate +25% Dedicated Server performance gain… PHYSX rewrite!!!!! >:-P — and nice client performance gain in dense cities as well!
* Keypads now work in densely packed bases (was a “too-many-overlaps” issue)
* Fix for Server memory leak
* Fixed case of “invisible until you move” Structures on Client
* Fixed losing Oxygen when swimming at water surface
* You can unwire and rewrire placed traps — while leaving them placed and remembering what they were wired to — making it easier to leave your own base after setting traps up (we don’t want to make traps completely ignore you when wired, however, to avoid the incentive to turn your base into a zone of infinite numbers of traps)
* Scorpions/Carrion eaters will now prefer to eat spoiled meat rather than raw meat after being Tamed
* The massive spam of “item removed etc” notification texts when viewing a dino’s inventory is now fixed
* Stimberry consumption now reduces Food on Tamed dinos
* You can no longer build for 30 seconds in the immediate damage radius where a structure has been destroyed by an enemy team (helps sieges play out more naturally)
* There’s now an “attack that” whistle which will send all dinos in a nearby radius to attack the specific target you’re pointing at — this works very nicely with the Spyglass 🙂
* In PvP, structures within caves/cave-entrances now take 6x damage (server modifiable setting)
* Auto Turrets track about 3x as fast, to be more effective
* Only Female Dinos lay eggs now — it had to happen 😉
* Fixed Saber gender bits — heh, “fixed”
* Industrial Grill now consumes gas properly, and has more-final model
* You can now drink by pressing E when just standing in water, if there’s nothing else to activate. You don’t have to be immersed anymore.
* You can now light standing torches in shallow water
* The approximate area of Spawn regions are now indicated when select a character spawn region
* Increased max tripwire connection distance by 50%
* Completely revamped stone structure visuals, for the better 😉
* Custom servers can now specify whether they want downloadable individually: characters, items, dinos
* Grenade damage is reduced by 33% generally and an additional 33% vs dinos (so about -45% in total vs dinos)
* New Game.ini options:
Defaults false. If true, any Engram not explicitly specified in the EngramsOverride list will be Hidden. Useful for maintaining primitive servers even as we add new Engrams in Updates.
For example. Lets you specify an Engram by classname so that it’s guaranteed to work even if Engram indices change in the future — is guaranteed to be permanent. You can get all the classnames from the ARK Dev Kit.
* Fixed a server-side Inventory crash — thank you for the help, players of Official PvE 36!
* Fixed an issue with server auto-save/auto-backup periods greater than 60 minutes, phew
* After being successfully Tamed, Tamed Dinos will now bias towards consuming the least-nutritious food in their inventory (that is still edible by them). Thus for example a carnivore will eat all inferior Raw Meats before eating Prime Meat within its Inventory, making it more viable to store high quality food on your Dinos over lengthier periods of time for the long haul.
* Put all meats taming speeds/values exactly where they originally were. Made Kibbles 40% faster for Taming than Raw Meat ever was, and it’s got SUPER AFFINITY (if you use the right kind of Kibble for your Dino — for example Raw Prime Meat may net you a 70% effective tame now, whereas using the right Kibble can get you close to 100%!). May continue to buff Kibble, but let’s take it one step at a time with seeing how useful it is now 🙂
* Fixed an issue replicating network data on Structures (Sign strings, etc)
* Fixed a general issue placing structures (mortar and pestle, crop plot, etc)
* Metal Water Tank is now buildable again ;-P
* Fixed a client connection Timeout case
* Fixed edge case where players weren’t quite recovering enough Oxygen when popping head above water at lower server FPS
* You can place the Preserving Bin again 🙂
* Allied Dinos are now immune to your Gas Traps
* Made Eggs about 200% more likely to be found, and they now last for 8 days in regular inventory, rather than 2 — store them in a Fridge to keep them nearly forever 😉
* Rebalanced some taming speeds: Raw Prime Meat is 70% as fast as it was originally, and appropriate Kibble is now as fast as Raw Prime Meat originally was. (non-Prime meats are the same speed as originally, as is the non-nutritious Cooked Prime Meat)
* Fixed a server inventory-related crash with the Multi-Grill
* Disallowed engrams/items are now automatically destroyed on primitive servers (or any server which uses a custom item list), retroactively. Primitive Servers online again.
* Updated & posted new Server Game.ini for Primitive Servers to correspond to new Engram layout. In the future, we will change this to name-based list rather than indexed list, so it will not become outdated again.
* Missed This: Raw Prime Meat is now 1/3rd as fast as it was previously to tame (it’s equivalent to Raw Meat) — but same Affinity. Kibble is 1/2 as fast as Raw Prime Meat was previously to tame. We will be adjusting these back to more-or-less their previous speeds in our next major Update.
* Fixed the Enchanted Lake Of Wonders… well, the lake that was missing water physics, more specifically 😉
* You can now equip the Spyglass while riding on a dino. Note that doing so will always zoom-in with it (since we don’t want to steal the Right Mouse Button input); simply unequip it to stop zooming.
* Hopeful fix for players/dinos after load falling thru floors
* Server Hosts can now configure per-DinoClass Wild & Tamed Health and Damage Multipliers in their INI (nerf those flyers in Primitive!), and these apply dynamically
* Fixed water tank water not saving properly
* Fixed tamed dino level bonuses not holding when taming across save games, and speed getting messed up, and Auto XP not applying
* Fixed an infinite-oxygen-underwater exploit.
* Fixed a case where by swimming at a certain angle you could almost completely avoid losing stamina
* Attacking when in water while riding no longer causes a movement de-sync
* Fixed amphibious stamina recovery while in water, now it’s very fast as intended.
* Dino Stats are now retained properly when uploading/downloading across maps
* Fixed a bug where Wild Dinos were not naturally recovering their Torpor over time
* Max Level increased by 4 for Players and Dinos
* Configurable Low/Medium/Far Targeting & Wander Range for Pets
* Omni Electric Lamp
* Reinforced Ceiling-Door and Reinforced Window-Door
* Industrial Multi-Grill!
* Two new tripwire traps:audio alarm and gas bomb!
* Audio-Alarm Away & Offline raiding notifications, Phase 1!
* Eggs for all animals and circle-of-life ‘Taming Efficiency’ boosting per-dino Egg-Kibbles!
* Customizable Bandwidth setting for players to choose a bandwidth appropriate to their own connection. Can further improve structure-streaming speed, if you have sufficient bandwidth to handle it as a client. (Can also eliminate any remaining DC’s if you reduce it and you’re on a lower bandwidth connection.)
* Improved AMD Shadow flickering fix
* Destroying a Behemoth Gate Frame will now also destroy the Behemoth Gate within it
* Current Day # & Time is now displayed on the Spawn/Character Creation UI
ARK Dev Kit Changes:
* Mods can now add engrams and items without having to override the Master Item List or the Engram List — they can simply Add Engrams using the “Additional Engrams” array, can also remap existing Engrams to new classes using the “Remap Engrams” array, and items don’t have to be in the Master Item List to be used anymore — if they’re referenced, they just will naturally get used (and consequently, existing saved items in people’s save files will not get messed up anymore!)
* Mods that change the player class now still get armor attached properly
Current Version: 185.62
185.64 Hotfix: Fixed bug where players could place floating structures is
185.63 Hotfix: AutoSavePeriodMinutes works again, thanks for the report 🙂
* Increased timeout on clients to reduce DC’s from server
* Fixed an issue with server saving that could cause mass DC’s
* Made client movement on structures much better in sync with the server (requires server update), and fixed wrong-rotation of characters when walking on certain structures
* Fixed duplicate lines of chat returned in RCON “getchat” command
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed a Client startup crash, Fixed LinusServer startup crash
– Official Servers Upgraded to Difficulty 3.0 🙂
– About +30% server performance gain
– Fixed the fix: Max height of structures above the ground is now 25,000 units. Previously was 15,000 units. Thank you 🙂
– Approximate 10% Dedicated Server Performance gain
– Approximate 80% faster savegame load speed 😀
– Fix for AMD GPU shadow flickering (partial… can still flicker but far less frequently. full fix is coming this weekend)
– Eliminated issue where large amounts of structures could cause client disconnection or bandwidth starvation (mega lag)
– Reduced client hitching around large structures
– Improved client physx performance onto large structures
– Mods will now load properly on clients launched with commandlines (such as -nomansky)
– Mods will now download dynamically upon connection even if you connect to a server directly thru the Steam Client
– Fixed some more Admin UI crashes 😉
– Chat can now be retrieved in RCON — you just have to use the RCON command “getchat” to return the latest chat buffer. You can use the “serverchat blah blah” or “broadcast blah blah” commands to send chat/popup messages out via RCON.
– Max height of structures above the ground is now 25,000 units. Previously was 15,000 units. Thank you 🙂http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/530646715642581647/
* Improved speed of background loading core game data while at main menu
* Fixed a Chatbox crash
* Eliminated some Snapshot_16 “permanent” hangs if banned or missing communication from server during connection
* Server Passwords now appear as Asteriks’ in Admin Managment UI (soon you’ll be able to change this dynamically via the UI), and “message-of-the-day changing in the UI” crash is fixed
Server-side vaults that are lowered due to destroyed foundations now retain their pin-code/lock settings.
Fixed C4 ammo problem. We recommend server admins upgrade their servers to v185.1 as soon as possible. Very sorry about that!
Unversioned Hotfix: Servers will no longer crash if admins use the “Refresh” button on the Server Admin UI.
Note: You can now run Primitive Server using a “Mod” rather than an INI change. Details here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=478227612
Expect more Mods soon, from us and user Mod creators!
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed a client-side Foliage crash
* RCON for Server Admins
add these to your server commandline
(only need to specify a server admin password if you’re not already doing so)
Then you can run any console commands that you see in the in-game ShowMyAdminManager, some useful ones include for example:
Note we don’t currently send all chat back out through RCON, but we should so you can expect that shortly.
* Server Administration UI:
To use this, use the console commands in-game:
In there you’ll see all of the server settings, stats, connected players, whitelist and ban list management, message of the day, and all of the executable console commands that you can run through the GUI (which are also runnable via RCON so it’s a good way to learn the RCON commands!).
* Removed caps for Play Local menu: you can now enter any values you like into the various options’ text fields and they’ll be saved/used properly.
* Doubled the # of inventory slots in the fridge
* Opening the In-Game Pause Menu in Singleplayer Mode now actually fully Pauses the game 🙂
* Fixed collision on Stone Foundation/Ceiling so that you can properly fit through the Stone doorway in between them.
* Fixed case where in-ground Pillars were not being considered “Foundations”
* Air Conditioning units are 100% more powerful insulation and 100% more range
* Fixed a bug with dinos that were in-taming process becoming super slow if tame process was finished after a reload
* Now takes approx 3 grenades to bring down a spike wall, fixed the explosion damage multiplier on ’em to be consistent with all other metal structures
* Ceiling replacement no longer becomes obstructed by objects on the ceiling
* Reduced OP cat-tail foliage resource giving
* ARK Dev Kit Game Data Override: Create your own survival game with total capability to override the core “gamedata” of ARK in your mod: everything can then be changed, from Engrams to Items to Character States to Dossiers. You don’t even need to make a new map, you can just override all values/content on the existing ARK Island!
* Mod makers can now override the minimap and spawn regions
* Mods can now force the player to spawn-in rather than displaying the respawn map
* Dev Kit has been updated with a “GenericMod” example that gives you a Primitive-Only ARK achieved through Modding rather than through INI — which is way more powerful because then you can totally rebalance and change ANYTHING.
* Finally fixed the last erroneous “No Nearby Foundation” issue when trying to build walls etc. Thanks PhysX 😛
* Metal Spike Walls now have correct structure damage type (weak metal rather than “wood”), and have correct scaled destruction mesh
* The absolute max inventory limit of 200 items has been raised to 300, and is now respected to avoid losing items when transferring between inventories
* Blueprints can no longer stack (wasn’t intended to). any that are currently stacked will still be stacked, you won’t lose any, but you can’t re-stack them.
* Players can now choose to display chat as “[CharacterName][TribeName]:Chat” (the new default) or [SteamName[CharacterName]:Chat”
* Improved the look of Stone Materials underground, improved metal Materials
* Added “Craft All” button that will craft-queue as many instances of a blueprint/engram as the inventory has resources for.
* Minor client GPU performance improvement
* 40second cooldown on bloodpack usage, 30 minute spoiling time time (in a fridge it’s 100x of course)
* Gates are now considered “core” structures and thus you can’t build next to “enemy” gates anymore
* You can, ahem, no longer pickup the Broodmother with flyers 😉
ARK Dev Kit:
* Updated ARK Dev Kit to include latest code & content, as well as improved built-in-Editor Steam Workshop Uploader
* ARK Dev Kit Game Data Override: Create your own survival game with total capability to override the core “gamedata” of ARK in your mod: everything can then be changed, from Engrams to Items to Character States to Dossiers.
* Mod makers can now override the minimap and spawn regions
* Mods can now force the player to spawn-in rather than displaying the respawn map
* Fixed a client-side issue with building in caves (wasn’t letting clients do it in legit areas)
* Fixed a bug where some legit cave structures were getting destroyed via the new underground-exploit prevention logic (will go live on ARK Official Server Network tonight)
* In PvE, Tamed Dinos will no longer attack other players’ corpses/dino-corposes which they can not consume
* Fixed a client-side Crash with structure placing
* Eliminated some false-positives with underground-structure exploit detection (Behemoth Gates, etc)
* You can no longer build underneath terrain except in caves, and all structures beneath terrain except in caves is automatically destroyed (Pillars are exempt from this rule). Thank you for the reports 🙂
* Water Dinos no longer die when surfacing in underwater caves, yay!
* Fixed an issue where dino attacks were not actually hitting various structure pieces to which they had valid line-of-sight.
* In PvE, lit campfires no longer hurt other tribes’ players/dinos.
* Fixed a crash in in singleplayer mode caves
* You can now properly close ceiling doors when on a ladder, just look up and press the Use key 🙂
* You can never beach-kill your water dinos anymore. Seriously, $200 to the first person who shows us beaching a tamed water dino on a v183.2 server 🙂
* Fixed a case where Flyers could spontaneously die and kill their rider 😛
* You can now replace ceilings that have stuff placed on them without the “Obstruction” message
* Fixed a slight edge case with stone walls where attacks could still get thru them
* Minor client GPU perf gain
Unversioned Hotfix: Dedi servers no longer crash if admin runs the “cheat exit” command on them. And they’ll thusly save-on-exit too 🙂
Unversion Hotfix: Fixed a potential singleplayer PhysX crash.
* Fixed servers and clients not being able to load into the world without existing savedata present
* Fixed clients not seeing correct item counts on the Repair Cost tooltip when items are in a remote inventory
* Fixed a server-side crash
* Fixed case of clients unable to spawn in the online game / getting booted. Temporary solution before v183 until this new version is to TOTALLY delete your game directory and redownload the game (the issue is due to having some extra old map files in your Maps dir that need to be cleared out). v183 will ignore these however. Mega props to Steam User “crua9” for helping us to track this down!
* Fixed some collision gaps in stone tier (dinos could hit thru them, etc)
* Fixed a case where you could unprone into people’s bases.
* Added “Independence Fireworks” Skin for Flare Gun. Find it dropped from a variety of high-level dinos, and skin your Flares with this, to light up the night sky with a blazing fireworks display. Will only drop this weekend, so better stock up!
* New Primitive-Only Official Servers! Only stuff available that you might actually find in caveman-era tech, for role-playing fun. PvP, PvE, and PvP Hardcore in North America, EU, and OC. If players like this and the servers get crowded, we can add more 🙂
Server Admins can now explicitly remove items from the Supply Crate drops, to facilitate these primitive servers (a little later will expose the full loot tables for editing)
We’ll be providing the INI’s used to setup these servers so that players can easily host their own Primitive-Era servers as they may wish.
* Emote Wheel! 10 emotes for now Male and Female, along with two Emote Hotkey bindings.
* Mod makers can now override the minimap and spawn regions
* Fixed Ichthyosaurus losing taming affinity too fast and not being feedable quickly enough
* Fixed issue where swimming dinos were attempting to beach themselves to eat corpses 😛
* Made dinos able to properly damage structures again, in many cases a trace check was failing causing them to not do damage
* Dinos can no longer push you through structures 😉
* Made high level supply crates more likely to give high-level items
* Improved server perf Phase 1
* Hopeful fix for dinos appearing through floors when re-entering a zone or reloading a server
* Added key for “Proximity Text Chat”, to say something in text chat only within a short audible range (has a unique text chat color)
* Improved visual look/materials of Stone Structures
* Likely fix for case where Tribe data could be lost when reloading a server
* Fixed a case where “Take All From Inventory” could lose items if it would make your own Inventory greater than 2x overweight. Now it’ll stop if it reaches that.
* Fixed Stone wall collisions/height protruding through bases
* Added Missing Stone tier icons
* Limited overdamage (overharvest) of resources to 5x the total resource health, to avoid server lag giving hundreds of berries in one hit on a plant.
* Increased resolution in stone tier textures
* Stone dino gate is now colorizable
**Unversioned LinuxServer crash Hotfix posted!**
* Approximate additional 10% GPU perf gain on Shader Model 4 pipeline specifically (it was doing a bunch of GPU work that was not applicable to SM4)
* Full Stone Structure Tier!
* Major client loading speed improvements
* Environment foliage rendering performance improvement
* Finally fixed the remaining Tamed-Megalodon/Swimmer beaching-death case — thank you RightHand 😉
* Fixed issue with flying dinos losing Oxygen when they got “near” the water surface
* Auto-Turrets damage vs dinos increased by 3x
* Ichthyosaurus can now fit thru dino gates
* Crop plot yields increased 50% and max # of crop items on them increased by 300%
* You can now drag item stacks that will make you overweight onto your inventory — it will now only drag the portion of the stack that can fit in your inventory, rather than not allowing the drag operation at all.
* Turret aim against big dinos (i.e. Rex) is now fixed
* You can no longer “respawn” in Hardcore by reconnecting to server
* HarvestHealthMultiplier should finally work on your custom servers 🙂
* Linux client: fullscreen at non-native resolutions now scales properly
* Restored the previous “overdamage” of Harvestable Resources, while we work in the coming days on a new balance for per-Dino Resource Harvesting multipliers — unofficial servers can enable the limiting optionally with “ClampResourceHarvestDamage=true”
* Fixed Shark spawn percentages (may take some time to have effects on existing servers, since the increased Shark population won’t immediately despawn. Go Shark Hunting to clear ’em out ;). More Dolphins, and far less Sharks.
* Fixed Linux Server socket termination crash — thank you to Steam user ‘Beast’ for tracking it down 🙂
* Fixed mod maps not automatically downloading when connecting to a server hosting a mod
* Fixed another server crash
* Fixed bug where amphibious dinosaurs were losing stamina in water (darn Mac/Linux compiler syntax issue)
* Fixed only getting 1 Engram Point for Levels 65 & 66 (this is not retroactive, but we’ll be implementing a respec option soon).
* Fixed a server crash
* Increase absolute player Max Inventory Weight to 2x your Max Weight stat, rather than 1.2x
* Re-enabled Official ARK Server item uploads to Steam Inventory: had disabled it due to a dupe bug which is now fixed 😉
* Official Servers are now upgraded to the equivalent of “2.0” difficulty, rather than 1.0
* Added two more player and dino levels, to get more engrams for the new goodies
* Shader Model 4 (DX9, DX10) mode now looks a TON better, with proper light intensities, shadows and night lighting and dynamic lighting
* NEW DINO: Plesiosaurus (with custom saddle!)
* NEW DINO: Ichthyosaurus (with custom saddle!)
* Players are no longer allowed to carry more than 20% over their maximum Inventory Weight, as this was otherwise exploitable when standing on Dinos.
* AFK kick Timer at spawn/respawn screen: server configurable, default 40 minutes
* Structure Paint effect looks much better and fully covers the surfaces
* Preparation for tomorrow’s Mac & Linux game releases 🙂
* Removed Weight limits on Smithy, Fabricator, and any other Structures which accidentally still had them
* configurable server auto save interval
* pipes/cables are no longer considered “enemy” foundations that prevent building nearby
* Obelisk terminals no longer get an auto-demolish timer
* Sabertooth level-up damage scaling ramp reduced by 50%
* In online PvP, use of sleeping bags now triggers cooldown to all your sleeping bags nearby.
* Taming with Higher Taming Affinity now increases base level of dino up to 50% if 100% effectiveness, improving its base statistics (previously wasn’t doing much, was only generally increasing their damage)
* Added missing mammoth dossier
* Using spyglass now shows Floating HUD of Dinos, Players, or Structures that you are _directly pointing at_, for long range reconnaissance
* C4 can now be placed & detonated underwater
* Buff timers no longer ‘appear’ to reset when you relogin
* Dragging a body no longer removes your FPV hands (bug required players to manually switch to weapon and then back to hands to restore their hands 😛 )
* Various minor bug fixes
* Nonviolent Taming method for Ichthyosaurus (will follow-up with implementation for all Herbivores soon)
* Fixed black-top-of-screen when there’s heavy Fog on “Low” postprocess settings.
* Freshly-installed Singleplayers no longer have zeroed-out Local/Host gameplay settings, and added “Reset To Defaults” for Local/Host gameplay settings.
* Stone Water Tank is now crafted by hand, not at the Smithy
* Fixed an issue where various animations werent’ updating out of view on clients (they were pausing)
* Claiming a Dino now properly sets its new Personal Owner data
* Hitting stuff with the Spyglass and Flaregun (which have no durability) is now akin to punching with your Fists (8 damage per hit and hurts you slightly)
* Fixed issue where pillars were sometimes not being considered “foundations”. (any pillars that have this “no nearby foundation” issue will need to be rebuilt on servers upgraded to 180.4 in order to be considered a foundation)
* Fixed massive stall (4-8 seconds) associated with periodic garbage collection
* Added custom saddles for Argentavis and Carbonemys
* Spike blockades can no longer hurt you through walls
* Made wild Megalodons charge speed slower
* Reduced the length of the Ptero’s grab animation
* Fixed a case where you could get killed riding your flyer on certain slopes
* Added a lot of missing environmental Ambient Sounds
* HarvestAmountMultiplier and HarvestHealthMultiplier server settings now work
* More GPU perf gains due to map optimization (approx +15% to +20%) and fixing a serious Sky perf issue
* Fixed harvesting impact decals that weren’t appearing
* Exposed most current server settings to the Host Game UI
* You can’t mount dinos thru walls anymore
* Building Walls can now be embedded in geometry more, providing more ways to place them
* +25% GPU Perf gains. Yes, we had the GPU’s idling about 20-25% of the time due to a driver bug. You’re gonna enjoy this 🙂
– You can now properly attach C4 to enemy structures again (and build tripwires nearby, etc)
– Eliminated the last edge cases with inability to melee attack structures from certain angles. Was caused by fixes to not allow you to melee-hit players or structures through walls 🙂
– Supply crates will no longer get stuck on Trees
– Fixed case where Flyers will fall out of the air if saved in flying state
– In PvE you can no longer steal food from strangers’ crop plots (Tribe/Owner check)
– Fixed floating hands outside of your dino after mounting 🙂
– Fix for Supply Crates sometimes spawning at the World Origin, which would likely also would mess up players’ ability to move
– Fixed inability to harvest certain resources
– Fixed inability to find “nearby foundations” when building sometimes
– Changed bullet/projectile damage multiplier on flyers to 4x rather than 6x
– Unversioned Hotfix: Decreased Mountain & Underwater Crystal Resources amounts by 50%
– Flyers now take approximately 6x damage from bullets and ranged projectiles.
– Fixed a missing value in thatch & wood structure settings, now effectively thatch and wood about 2.5x as resistant to damage as they were before.
– Fixed Swimmers (i.e. Megalodon) and Flyers dive/climb speeds — they no longer leave the “sprinting” speed when diving/climbing
– Particle FX on activated structures now appear correctly after reloading in singleplayer
– Water Taps connected directly to intakes now work
– Stone wall is now colorizable
– Wild AI Targeting Range on Megalodons is reduced by 50%
– Added the unique Phiomia and Carnotaurus saddles
– Can’t build signs near enemy foundations anymore, was used to grief people by wedging them into their homes etc
– Structures in PvE now have per-structure PvE allowed-demolish time, by default: 4 days for thatch/small utility structures, 8 days days for wood, 12 days for stone, and 16 days for metal
– Fixed hidden player hands when wearing gloves while riding a dino in FPV
– Explosions no longer damage structures thru walls/obstructions
– PvE now shows a “Anyone Can Demolish” timer on structures
– Can no longer… place sleeping bags/structures thru other player’s/team’s structures
– Can no longer melee attack people thru walls
– Can no longer place doors of multiple tiers over each other.
– Massive async level load/unload hitching reductions
– Fixed exploit with getting flyers underneath the World. If you do this, they will die. Also you can’t pull-grab targets through the World either.
– Four new “PvE Hardcore” servers for North America, Europe, and Oceania — each.
– Major map update: new resources (including summit and underwater Crystals), better visuals, better optimization, and WIP areas completed
– Approximate 15-20% server and client CPU perf gain!!!! combination of link time code generation and opcode optimizations
– 3GB+ RAM reduction for servers, ~1GB RAM+ reduction for clients. For serves over 50% memory savings!!!!!!!! Basically we’ve converted all our foliage structures to use data primitive types rather than “Objects” 🙂
– PhysX Bug fix: no more super-slow servers
– Client side GPU perf improvements: foliage batching rewrite
– New Server gameplay options exposed to the Host Game UI
– Fixed issue where foliage would sometimes respawn on your base or on your dinos
– Can no longer damage players through walls with pikes/grenades etc
– Can no longer strafe while prone
– Can no longer pull characters through ground with flyers
– Spear-killing a fish will now also instantly grab the fish so that you can stay out of the water
– Flyers no longer get into a bad flying state when saved while flying (work-around before v180: whistle for them to follow you , then whistle for them to stop after they start flying)
– Can no longer place structures if line of sight is broken by enemy structure
– Stone wall properly colorizable
– Crop plot saving issue fixed
– Fixed an item dupe issue… recommend server admins upgrade their servers to 179.5 at their opportunity 🙂
– Fixed Spawn Point UI issue, you can now always select spawn points properly 🙂
– Fixed some sounds that lacked attenuation (harvest sound, etc)
– Fixed simplified sky rendering, not all black anymore 🙂
– Function Keys (F1-F12 etc) now work when bound to inputs
– Fixed issue where Taming-in-progress dinos had unconscious AI’s after being loaded from save data
– Fixed a client and server-side crash involving foliage 🙂
– Only Wood, Thatch, and Stone required for Stone Walls/StoneFoundation now
– Fixed problem connecting to various servers, was a silly data networking mismatch
– Fixed issue with player growing… large… upon falling unconscious from dino such as Turtle (very amusing 😉
– Spawn Point UI will no longer improperly list buttons for beds that are on cooldown
– All pipes are now considered “foundation” and will not fall apart if a piece is destroyed
– Server admins can now adjust the following values:
* The Amount of overall dinos
* The damage & resistance of tamed vs untamed dinos respectively
* The relative weight of each dino species and maximum caps of each dino species per zone
* The speed of taming
* The speed of harvesting and a multiplier for how much resources are earned (overall, not per resource yet)
* The amounts of player and dino stamina draining respectively
* The amounts of player and dino food draining respectively
* The amounts of player water draining
* The speed of player and dino natural health recoveries
* The time of Structure open-demolish on PvE (soon this will be per-structure class, but currently is global)
– Fixed size of new bookcase model 😉
– Fixed issue with player stats increasing upon rejoining the game (server-side fix).
– Official PvP servers one-time Clearance of all old unequipped items (with the exception of blueprints, eatables, notes, and quest items), to ensure fairness after Item Duplication bug exploit. Server admins can enforce this once if they run with this command argument (will only work ONCE on pre-update save games):
ShooterGameServer.exe theisland?listen -ClearOldItems
– Demolition Item Duplication bug fixed
– Argentavis HP reduced by 30%
– Notes now display the first 30 characters of written text as the title of the Note, once something is written on them
– Plesiosaurus preparation…
– C4’s now attach properly to structures in some cases where they couldn’t
– Reduced probability of Spinosaurus spawns by 30%
– Explosions now do +200% damage to dinos and +50% damage to players
– Sarco and Turtle now dive/climb in water at properly quick speeds (making full use of their move speed)
– Player-hosted servers can now maintain a whitelist of SteamID’s who are admin cheat-authorized, and those accounts will automatically be able to use cheats without having to enter enablecheats. When utilizing this feature, no cheat password is utilized.
– Compass Engram moved to level 10, & no longer requires Smithy (is hand-crafted)
– There is now a dedicated keybind for accessing the whistle wheel, which will soon be expanded with emote animations
– Sarco now swims up and down much faster
– Dino Specs now allow painting all saddle color regions, and the specs look thicker
– Steel Vault now has 50% more storage slots
– Rex roar now has a large attenuation range
– Rockets do about 50% more damage
– Spinos no longer lay bronto eggs
– Turtles now regen stamina in water
– Fixed an exploit with accessing inventories over great distances
– Spikewalls can no longer be built nearby enemy core structures
– Fabricators, etc, now show craftable resource counts from their own Inventory even when they are not powered-on
– “Your thing killed something” messages are now in yellow to avoid scaring you
– Server perf resolved, finally! (and an overall perf benefit for everyone). Major PhysX system change. Expected gains of >33%+ on Server in some cases.
– New Structure: Metal Water Tank, stores 500 water and is metal tier.
– New Structures: Stone Walls/Fence Foundations (the first of a potential stone tier)
– Fix for Engrams not appearing on characters in some cass
– Notes can now be written at any time not just upon crafting
– “All Passive” whistle
– Vault now will drop rather than be destroyed if its floor is destroyed
– You can now hurt your own unconsciously-taming Dinos in PvE
– Fixed case of invisible campfires
– Toggle key for Running
– Cosmetics now all weigh 0 KG
– Admin can now kick/ban/list players by SteamID
– Major memory reduction on dedi server (multi-GB reduced)
– Player-Hosted Server control of day-cycle length, and relative lengths of Day & Night respectively! Who wants a 24h real-time RP server? ME!!!!!!!
– Player-server options for which engrams/blueprints are available on a server, how much they cost, what their level-requirements/pre-reqs are, how much XP is earned & level XP thresholds for players and dinos, and how much damage players & dinos & structures do & their resistances respectively. Your primitive-only worlds are now possible 🙂
Info here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594821545178117961/
– Texture Resolution settings no longer affect Terrain geometry quality
– You can now optionally specify administrators for a server by numeric SteamID, so that only certain specific steam users can have access to the admin commands, and these users do not have to enter an admin password
– If there are multiple bed/sleeping bag points overlapping on the same area on the respawn UI, upon clicking one you will now get a popup list to choose between them more easily.
– Audio settings now load properly
– Subscribed Steam Workshop Mods now refresh/update/download automatically in the Host Session UI
– Fixed a potential server-side crash with dragging ragdolls
– In PvE, knocked-out dinos are now damageable by the team that knocked them out (requires server update)
– Fixed the (likely) performance draining issue with dedicated server!
– You can now make the T-Rex ROAR!!! with alt fire. The first of many 😉
– New Structure: Reinforced Steel Vault, for when you gotta store a crapton of items with maximum security
– New Structure: Wood Spike Barricade, for when you just gotta build a quick defense on the cheap.
– New structure: “Bookshelf” to store mass quantities of blueprints and notes and implants
– Custom Skinned Mammoth Saddle & Sabertooth Saddles
– Storage Boxes now only use slots, not weight
– New Cosmetic: Dino Spectacles (Respawn to get them, or if necessary send them through the Steam Inventory using Obelisks)
– Major improvement to asynchronous background streaming, resulting in smoother overall performance when moving through the environment
– Can now adjust a setting for whether you want your dino to auto-collect inventory from things it kills
– Locked Doors now always accessible by Tribemates (PIN-coded doors follow the governance setting)
– fixed fall damage to never get a super high instantaneous velocity, is now time-based.
– fixed water jar blueprint
– Supply Drops now give crafted items again, albeit at adjusted rates
– Tribe governance can now be reset
– Flyers do 60% less damage to structures
– Guns/explosives are 20% more effective against dinos
– Doubled number of item slots on “Smithy”, “Fabricator”, etc
– Flyer-carried characters are now dropped if line-of-sight is broken, can’t go thru structures
– Flyer-carried characters’ inventory weights are now added to the carrying Flyer’s inventory Weight
– Unversioned Update: Rewrote distance field shadowing for ~7 miliseconds per frame saved on Titan X. Should be significant for any other cards that have Distance Field Shadowing enabled.
– Fixed remaining ladder climbing error
– You can now walk all your dinos backwards
– Removed the Dino Inventory Slot limits
– Raised the dino fall damage velocity threshold by about 33% and decreased fall damage by 33%
– Upped the Argentavis’ Stamina by 150%, to better enable long-distance flight, it loses stamina when flying as the Ptera.
– Blue Supply Crates that weren’t appearing are fixed.
– From the backs of dinos, only doors are now activatable. Otherwise [E] will dismount.
– Drop-All no longer drops equipped items (dino saddles etc)
Note about fall damage: non-ridden, tamed dinos do not take fall damage.
– Dino inventories now have limited slots (this was always intended, the value was just inputted incorrectly prior to now 😉
– Argentavis can now also pickup characters, with a higher weight limit than Pteranodon
– Nerdry Glasses and Rex Bone Helm are now paintable
– Fixed bug where Tribe data could be lost or corrupted, and bug where players who left Tribe would still be considered as “in” the Tribe.
– Majorly reduced stalls when streaming in new area zones
– Added a radial “Whistle Wheel” that you can use to choose from among the many whistles now available. Access it optionally by briefly holding the “Whistle ‘You Follow'” key!
– Only female creatures can lay eggs now. I know, this makes me sad but it had to happen ;(
– Added volume slider for voice chat
– Eliminated delays upon Dino AI finding new targets, make the AI’s snappier and more lifelike. Also made tamed Dinos cancel their current movement whenever they are given a new order/AI-state, making them more pro-active.
– You can now open gates with the [E] / Use key when riding a Dino, without having to dismount
– Tribe Governance Options. Tribe Manager now has “Government” options which can (currently) only be set upon creation of the Tribe. When you are invited to a Tribe, you can now view the Tribe’s governance options in the Activation menu before deciding whether to join. If you wish to change this afterwards, Merge the Tribe into a new Tribe.
– Server startup time dramatically reduced.
– More efficient RAM usage of the TheIsland zones streaming
– Improved perf on GPU particles
– Dinos now take fall damage properly
– Better dino following logic, and fixed a bug where following dinos weren’t sprinting like they should have been
– Oxygen Enhancing stew is now twice as powerful
– Rockets now have gravity and drop over time, no more infinite range rocket shots
– Crops now grow at 2x speed
– High-level surface supply crates now only give blueprints, was too OP for them to give fully-crafted items
– Piranhas now spawn in larget groups
– Megalodons can’t beach anymore
– Fixed a server-side PhysX crash
– New: Craftable Headlamp item
– You can now access patch notes from within the game 🙂
– Environmental Resources now replenish twice as quickly and less range required away from human structures
– You can now ‘Drop All Items’ from remote inventories, which drops them onto the floor
– You can now press ‘D’ when highlighting an item in Inventory to drop it, you can also press Ctrl-D-Num to instantly drop a slotbar item. Power-users!!!!
– Behemoth gate can now be built on non-flat ground, and all dinos can now move through Dino Gate properly now.
– Ladder Climbing can properly be activated from above in all cases now.
– Added “Go Aggressive” and “Go Neutral” ranged whistle commands. “Go Neutral” also clears aggro, so is good for quickly recalling your dinos from an attack.
– Flyers can now carry other dinos, as well as humans
– New server browser that is more akin to Steam’s server browser, allows asynchronous retrieving and filtering searching from among ALL servers, not just a handful.
– In PvE you can now drag unconscious players who are logged-out. Necessary, for now, to prevent people from logging out within your base and thus permanently “occupying” your base.
– You can now activate “wander” mode on tamed dinos, which will make them wander as they normally do in the Wild. Useful if you want mild hunting or just to have them feel more natural when penned-up (gotta have that Dodo farm naturalism). Coming soon: “Hunt-and-return radius” mode 🙂
– “EnablePvPGamma=true” server option will now work 😉
– Added move-and-copy logic to saving to avoid any corruptions of save or tribe data
– Fixed a stat math problem with Downloading Dinos via the Obelisks
– Gamma adjustment now disabled on PvP/Hardcore servers (by server-side default). Unofficial Servers can force allow gamma adjustment on PvP/Hardcore with this commandline/INI option:
– Replenishing times on all resources reduced by 40% (will replenish faster)
– Fixed Spinosaurus crash that was affecting Official Server 17
– Mounted Sabers can now jump — is wicked cool to attack when doing this, increases forward momentum
– Improved Tamed dino climbing, and following distances
– Fixed main menu UI threading crash
– Trikes now have 25 percent more hp and thirty percent more damage
– Stegos buffed 10 percent more dmg and fifteen percent more HP
– Increased brightness of night by 17% (where outside exposed to the moon. forests/shadowed areas are just as dark as they ever were 😉
– Can no longer drag living unconscious players/dinos in PvE that aren’t on your team.
– Changed spear Weight to 3 (from 6)
– Lessened rate of torpidity recovery relative to max torpidity for wild unconscious dinos. This is a server-side change. Also increased speed recovery for Tamed Dinos! Win-Win!
– Fixed female Saber riding anims
– Low chance to get metal from ALL non-metallic rocks, albeit more commonly from smooth river-rocks. And better with picks, of course. This will not take effect on Official Servers until they are upgraded to 174.1 overnight.
– Reduced explosions damage onto metal structures by 50%. This will not take effect on Official Servers until they are upgraded to 174.1 overnight.
– Increased piranha turn rate.
– Raised Max Player Level to 64, providing 120 additional Engram Points
– Raised Max Tamed Dino Level Additions to 38
– Fix for Flyer Stamina.
– Fix for Gas Consumption Rate. 30x improvement
– Armor durability rebalancing. ~3x durability
– Tripled the metal content of metal and rich-metal rocks
– Re-added a small chance to get metal from river-rocks. Thanks for the feedback everyone, it makes sense to provide an alternate less-intense progression path 😉
– Prevented tamed dinos from drowning so easily
– Changed autodestruct in PvE structures to 18 days, and made it so that rather than automatically demolishing itself, the structure then gives the option for anyone to demolish it via radial menu.
– Made Smithies and other containers automatically have the necessary engrams when new engrams are added, rather than having them be rebuilt
– Made it clear via description that the Food Preservation Bin requires Sparkpowder to preserve food, and that it can also create Beef Jerky.
– Added Option to disable Torpor screen flash (purple flash)
– Dino Knocked-Out state will now hold until the Dino’s Torpor reaches 0%, previously they could exit earlier. However, their Torpor will decrease more quickly based on how much their maximum Torpor level is — so that higher-level Dinos are naturally more difficult to keep knocked-out.
– Increased effectiveness of temperature insulation by 20%
– Bronto saddle can now be equipped properly 🙂
– Non-water Dinos will now attempt to swim to the surface and not drown 🙂
– Fixed armor insulation values & UI display (wasn’t displaying hyperthermic insulation properly): cloth now adds positive hyperthermic insulation, all other armors currently add negative hyperthermic insulation but now scaled more appropriately. Swimwear coming to add more positive hyperthermic insulation!
– Fixed LOD’s on dino gates and other assets
– Mid-size dinos (less than Rex, such as Stego etc) now properly fit thru the Dino Gate. For large-tier dinos you need still a Mega Gate, of course.
– Fixed crafting table requirements on a number of items, to now display their proper crafting table in the Engram UI (i.e. now it says that a Smithy is required to craft a Spinosaurus Saddle)
– Adjusted Spawn Rates: Piranhas more common on insland lakes/rivers (they were missing primarily), Carnos less common everywhere, Spinos less common everywhere
– Reduced Spino overland run & walk speeds by 25%
– Fixed a bad damage multiplier for explosives on Wood structures (like several times too strong :-P)
– Spinosaurus! Fear the beast!
– New Structures: Spike Wall (great for defending against incoming tribe dino attacks) and Food Preservation Bin items, and Beef Jerky!!! (Sparkpowder+Oil+Cooked Meat or Cooked Prime Meat+hour wait == SUPER LONG LASTING FOOOOOD!)
– General GPU optimizations plus new graphics configuration options: Mesh LOD slider, High Quality Materials checkbox (disabling this and restarting will have tremendous perf savings at the cost of less detailed terrain materials), Subsurface Scattering Checkbox (disabling this will make plants and skin material look a little less good, but also save a lot of perf)
– After login you now get a message indicating how you died if your character was killed when you were logged out (needs more details added)
– Pteras now land better when out of stamina, won’t eject you as soon
– You and dinos can attack when no stamina now, however doing so will increase your torpidity
– Slight purple overlay when torpidity is increasing
– Spoiling timer exploits fixed
– Various ways to teleport into people’s houses seemingly fixed
– Grenades rebalanced, ~60% damage reduction vs structures and now also require oil to craft
– PvE structures that haven’t had a Tribe/Creator nearby in one week are now auto demolished. Can be disabled on player-run servers.
– Structure Limit now configurable for player-run servers
– Non-Tribe Flyer Carrying now an option for PvE servers
– Added Rich Metal and Regular Metal Mountain Rocks
– Metal Tools’ durabilities fixed
– Character bodytype presets
– “Find Mods” button added to Host Game Menu
– Rare Limited-Edition Cosmetic Item Skin drops: Nerdry’s Glasses (from the bellies of Dilo’s) and Rex Bone Helmet
– Land dinos now lose stamina when swimming while mounted, Amphibious dinos (turtle, sarco, etc) now regain stamina much more quickly in water
– Unconscious dinos being tamed no longer can be harmed by non-tribe players in PvE
– Fixed bug where Generator with cables attached could not get its inventory accessed
– Tribe ID’s and Player ID’s are now guaranteed to be unique. Should eliminate future cases of player/tribe body snatchers.
– Realtime time and current map now indicated on pause menu
– Downloading mods at the Host Game screen now indicates download progress, mods that have been updated on Steam Workshop will now redownload
– Broodmother will now give Dossier and Steam Achievement correctly when defeated
– You can now set the temperature scale to Fahrenheit in the Options menu
– Upped bullet damages by about 20%
– Your current Biome/Temperature now updates correctly when riding a mount
– “Transfer Tribe Ownership” button is now clickable properly
– Base Carno damage buffed from 30 to 50, base Rex damage buffed from 50 to 80
– Rate of health recovery from mounts consuming corpses or trees is reduced (was previously essentially granting mounts nearly instant health recovery)
New server commandline/INI options (GamerUserSettings.ini [ServerSettings] section or “?Option=Value” for commandline argument):