All gameplay footage for this trailer was recorded live using an iPhone 8.
We are happy to announce that ARK: Survival Evolved will release worldwide on iOS & Android on June 14th!
Join War Drum Studio for a livestream on the SurviveTheARK Twitch channel at 2 PM EST on June 14th for the launch of the game!
Designed and developed by War Drum Studios, ARK: Survival Evolved mobile is free-to-play and puts the dino-taming adventure in the palm of your hand, letting you join forces with tens of thousands of other mobile survivors. On phones and tablets, ARK: Survival Evolved is the same multiplayer game loved on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Mac and Linux with the entire mysterious island to explore, 80+ dinosaurs and primeval creatures to tame and train, crafting, building, and more! The major difference is ARK: Survival Evolved on mobile is free-to-play with more accessible gameplay developed specifically for on-the-go dinosaur fun!
Mobile features include:
- Taming: Use cunning strategy and tactics to befriend, ride and breed the many dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the dynamic, persistent ecosystems across land, sea, air, and even underground.
- Discover: Unearth rare blueprints and Explorer Notes written by previous human denizens of the ARK from across the millennia, detailing the mysterious Island’s creatures and backstory.
- Craft and build: Using any means necessary – survive, craft weapons, clothes, and items, and build shelters, villages, or even large cities.
- Plant, harvest, build, level-up, and customize everything visually and functionally, including procedurally-generated RPG statistics for creatures, characters, resources, clothing, gear, and weapons, both primitive and modern.
- Play alone or team up to survive: Team up with, or prey on, up to 50 other players in a large-scale multiplayer online first-person environment, or choose single player mode to test your mettle against the world solo.
- Join a tribe: The ‘Tribe’ system encourages cooperation, by supporting dynamic parties to share resources, experience points, and re-spawn points.
While maintaining the true ARK experience players have come to know and love, this mobilized version of the game has been completely adapted for handheld touch devices allowing for the ultimate survival experience on a mobile device. This includes faster paced gameplay, a unique user interface and a specialised control setup developed specifically for the mobile game.
A new subscription service, called Primal Pass, gives survivors access to an ad-free experience with reserved server slots, free gifts, and more. Additionally, survivors can acquire optional upgrades using Ancient Amber, a new material found throughout the island that allows players to obtain certain buffs for extended periods of time, build unique crafting structures and even resurrect your favorite pet dinosaur back from the dead!
You can find the online ARK mobile community here on survivetheark.com at its own dedicated News and Forum section that is moderated by War Drum. Chat with the mobile developers, other mobile survivors, report issues, and offer feedback in the forum section below:
There is also a verified Discord for the mobile game which you can join here: https://discord.gg/kxpweb2
If you want to know more about device support, check out the video below on Android devices and how to check if your mobile device will be able to play ARK: Survival Evolved. The following iOS devices are also supported: iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4, iPad (5th Generation), iPad (6th Generation), and all iPad Pro models.
For the latest updates on ARK mobile, you can follow @PlayARKmobile at the links below: